PDA

View Full Version : So much progress from where we left off :)

Bassline Brine
02-05-2012, 01:46 PM
So glad this place is back up. And well, I still feel the need of posting again in the beginners section, because that's what I consider myself mixing wise :)

Stepped up my game from the Korg Nano Series and an X-Session Pro and Ableton (and tried Traktor real quick, but wasn't a big fan). I still have been messing about with Ableton for production, but have shelved it for mixing because I love my new setup so much more now.

Over the summer I was able to purchase my "dream" setup. I've also moved on to promoting for a local crew, and getting people out to shows in the MA area. (Beatdown Productions). I've been going to a lot more shows and getting to know the local underground, and it's just been a great time. Still posting over at DJTT forum as well, but DJF was a seriously missed part of my rotation. Can't wait to ask all sorts of speaker questions pretty soon :)

Y0yHgXXQMBI

It's been a couple months since I took that video, and have upgraded even since. And I can't be buggered to make a new one right now lol.

Technics 1200 MK2 x2
Rane TTM-56
Serato SL1

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/397168_581133986371_70000196_31492782_1371317585_n .jpg
(Note: SL1 isn't hooked up atm. Don't have a power supply, and have been playing with just vinyl recently so just unhooked it for a bit)

It's such a great feeling to finally be moving in the right direction, having saved for exactly what I wanted. Also came across 262 early 2000's DnB vinyl for $50 on Craigslist. So I've been recently going through that and learning my way along with straight vinyl. It's a fuck of a lot harder to mix than using the DVS tools as a crutch, but I'm getting there :P

Hope everyone else has been moving in the right direction as well!

finalcoyote
02-05-2012, 07:08 PM
That's awesome, man.

Although, uh... that desk looks a bit overloaded / warped. Oops.

FreddeFling
02-05-2012, 10:51 PM
I was just thinking the same thing. Im not sure if that table can support that equipment.

Manu
02-05-2012, 10:57 PM
I used the same type of table for gigs, it's all good as long as the legs are fine and locked (they both fold towards the middle)

DJ Weatherman
02-06-2012, 09:24 AM
(Note: SL1 isn't hooked up atm. Don't have a power supply, and have been playing with just vinyl recently so just unhooked it for a bit)

why don't you run your power via USB from your laptop, thats what i do, i know you can run a seperate power via an outlet, although i rarely see anyone doing that.

Bassline Brine
02-06-2012, 01:57 PM
That's awesome, man.

Although, uh... that desk looks a bit overloaded / warped. Oops.

Yeah, it looks a little funky but it's perfectly sound. It's a one of those plastic tables, and this one in particular folds in the middle so if I need to move it in my car, I can actually fit it in there. It bumps up a tiny bit in the center, but doesn't make a big enough difference on anything to really worry about.

When I got it, I wanted to get a table that I could move. I have a small car (Corolla) and I can still fit everything in it and move it, including the table, if need be. Individual cases and folding table make for some serious packing power :) Not that I've had to yet, but preparing for the future and also moving in the near future lol.

why don't you run your power via USB from your laptop, thats what i do, i know you can run a seperate power via an outlet, although i rarely see anyone doing that.

I usually do actually, when I want to bring my laptop over. It's not my desk for anything besides the tables though, and so I've just been spinning on vinyl recently (trying to get beatmatching down just by ear) and so it's more of a pain to lug the computer over every time I want to spin, rather than just unhook the SL1 for awhile.

finalcoyote
02-06-2012, 01:59 PM
Ooh, I thought that block in the middle was one of the legs. I didn't see the legs thar

Bassline Brine
02-06-2012, 08:57 PM
Yeah that's actually the sub I'm using. Old Logitech 5.1 Surround System that I've gotten more than my monies worth out of. Honestly, for what it is, I can't complain.

That being said, new headphones and speakers are next on my list :P

djkvg
02-06-2012, 09:42 PM
regular computer speakers are fine when you're starting out

DJ Special K
02-08-2012, 12:23 AM
Nice setup. Can't go wrong with a pair of Technics.

mostapha
02-08-2012, 06:33 AM

It's easier to just get the NI Multicore cables. Or make them…just takes the normal cables, a couple female RCA connectors, and the most basic soldering skills.