PDA

View Full Version : DJF Trancely Love.......

Vernski
12-23-2013, 05:47 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-TzlVJNCP22c/TVbPCLOjeJI/AAAAAAAACUE/qXsL6CVpcuY/s1600/you're%20awesome.jpg

I was going to wait until our tournament concluded to write this message, but I though to myself "Why wait?"

There was a post from M!tch earlier today and it got me thinking about this little trance clan here on this forum.....

Chris, as always, great job!

I do want to say, I have nothing but respect for your work. Listening to your sets really helped me focus in on structure of my sets and being more creative with my mixes. I like driving the energy through in my transitions which I think creates a similarity to how your mixes are done and it really helped me focus on keeping my ears open to not constantly just doing long blends. Looking forward to what you do in 2014.

I'm really stoked about the group of guys we've got in the trance corner, M!tch, Chris H, Sedna, Jackstalk, DeathSupport, DeltaV, Teknoviolet, DJ Difficult and Kyle33.

It's great to see the appreciation and respect from you guys with regards to each other's work on here.

Oh and thanks for welcoming me to this trance posse.:D

Cheers Fellas :tup:

kyle133
12-23-2013, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the love man! I am by no means a trance DJ, I just enjoy quality mixes. I must say Vernski, you are in some very well respected company in the final this year. Great to see a new DJ (to the forum) make the final! Can't wait to see who wins :)

Vernski
12-23-2013, 06:44 PM
Kyle, honestly right now I'm pinching myself about the company I'm keeping at the moment. I never expected to get this far, I've had a bit of luck here and there, but it's an awesome feeling to be running against guys like Sedna and M!tch. Dudes like Chris H and Jackstalk were a bit unlucky in this tournament and probably should have gone deeper into the draw, but we already know that Chris's exit was a blessing in disguise as he was able to devote his full energy into his year mix. (which rocks!!!)

I really look up to a lot of these guys as they are involved in the industry at some level and really know what they're doing. Hand on heart, whatever the result - I'm just really happy to be a part of it all.

JackStalk
12-23-2013, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the shoutout! It's always bad karma that the host of the tournament goes out in the first round. I do it mainly for fun, I could honestly care less if I win. I like to give honest feedback to people as someone who is very picky about mixes. I try to make my own clean and tight enough so I can't even pick out the transitions myself but it doesnt always go that way 8)

Sedna
12-23-2013, 11:26 PM
Thanks man. I've loved your mixes recently. Be sure to upload the final you did to your soundcloud when this round is complete =D

Sedna
12-23-2013, 11:28 PM
also, props for bill murray

ChrisHynds
12-24-2013, 12:44 AM
Thanks for the mention, both Vern & M!tch,

It's great to see there's a nice little community growing for Trance in here again, it kinda died for a while there but seems to be growing pretty strong with the addition of a few new members that have proven themselves to be quality Dj's too!

Goodluck to all you guys in the final I look forward to hearing the sets, and a huge thanks again for the mention and any of you that have checked out my end of year mix :tup: (if you haven't, shame on you!) :p

deathsupport
01-02-2014, 05:37 PM
Great post.
It's a small group here but that doesn't take anything away.

Hope everyone had a great New Years! And I really gotta start coming to the Trance subforum more often - I'm always late to things by a week.

Vernski
01-03-2014, 03:11 AM
Great post.
It's a small group here but that doesn't take anything away.

Hope everyone had a great New Years! And I really gotta start coming to the Trance subforum more often - I'm always late to things by a week.

New year's was a super chilled occasion and I've been playing with my new Re-loop Terminal MIx 4.....The mighty We-go has been retired but I will unleash it for little parties with friends here and there.

Hopefully we can get a few more guys on here by building a nice strong trance community. :D

Sedna
01-03-2014, 11:18 AM
New Year's was legit... went to Boston and my girlfriend and her friends dragged me to some Top 40 club :cry: I still had a really fun time, even though I had to listen to 4 hours of horrid music :lol:

I'm working on a 4 hour best of 2013 mix right now... I'll let you guys know when it's up =)

JackStalk
01-03-2014, 01:40 PM
4hr best of 2013? That must be like every somewhat relevant trance track released in 2013

Vernski
01-03-2014, 01:45 PM
New Year's was legit... went to Boston and my girlfriend and her friends dragged me to some Top 40 club :cry: I still had a really fun time, even though I had to listen to 4 hours of horrid music :lol:

I'm working on a 4 hour best of 2013 mix right now... I'll let you guys know when it's up =)

:fap::fap:Can't wait to hear it, are you doing chapters or a full length mix?:fap::fap:

Sedna
01-03-2014, 03:04 PM
Full length mix :)

Sedna
01-03-2014, 03:05 PM
4hr best of 2013? That must be like every somewhat relevant trance track released in 2013

Nope... I still had hours of 2013 tracks left... absolutely amazing year for music. J00F was right.

Vernski
01-03-2014, 03:14 PM
Full length mix :)

Looks like I'm gonna need some ear-lube for the 4 hours of trance-music-ear-fapping :lol:

Looking forward to it....

Oh is that your track listed on Airwave's latest podcast - "Decay"

I haven't heard it yet, just saw you listed there.... :)

Sedna
01-03-2014, 03:41 PM
Yep, that's me :) set for release on his label in February, I'll make a post about it when I get the real date.

Sedna
01-04-2014, 11:27 AM
Uploading it today. Not sure when it'll be ready because it's coming out as something... special. You'll see.

It ended up being 4 hours and 20 minutes long. Ironic.

Vernski
10-11-2014, 06:21 AM
Hey guys, I'm resurrecting this thread....

I can't believe it was a year ago when I started this. Those of you who remember or just read the original post know that it's all about how happy I am to be part of this forum and especially us Trance guys.

Well nothing has changed, only my perspective on things and where I am musically.

Essentially this is a feel good thread and I want to bring it back to life as a way for all of us to let each other know what a great group we have. :tup:

****TRANCE TOURNEY 2014****

This is a very tough draw of contestants this year and I've got no idea how far I will get, but no matter the result, It will be a great experience to mix my favourite tracks and put them together as best I can. :)

Ellissentials
10-11-2014, 07:02 AM
Hah, I was a couple posts in until I realized this thread started last year lol!

:facepalm:

Very good thread :tup: