PDA

View Full Version : Deciding between 2 Beginner Controllers

Peetah
03-10-2012, 10:27 AM
Hello all, I'd really like to buy a DJ Controller mainly for fun, I've never used one before however I have VirtualDJ and play around with it a fair bit.

I'm trying to decide between these two Controllers
http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/9188798/art/mixvibes/u-mix-control-2-dj-packag.html
http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/11463953/art/hercules/dj-control-air-controller.html

I'm wondering is the second one worth the extra for a first controller...

Or if you guys have any other recommendations for other fairly cheap ones feel free to post :)

Thanks for any help <3

nolimitz
03-10-2012, 10:51 AM
I wouldn't really pick either of them. I'd rather go with a Numark Mixtrack Pro or a Hercules RMX (although its a bit dated now). Not sure of the exchange rate of US dollars to pounds but what's your budget. The key thing to any beginner "What should i buy" threads is to state your budget and then we can move on from there.

I'd say if you want a controller just for fun, the Hercules DJ Console RMX would be the best bet. Dated yes bu its basically plug n play with VDJ, and its sturdy and has the ability to connect Turntables or Dj cd players to them. Any other questions?

Peetah
03-10-2012, 10:59 AM
Ok, do you mind me asking why you wouldn't pick either?

Both the two that you listed are out of my price range really as it's just for fun, I'm not entirely sure how much I will use them so would just like to start with something fairly cheap to start with

My max budget is £120 which is apparently around $188

Thanks for your help!

Lost Connection
03-10-2012, 11:03 AM
Gotta agree with Mixtrack Pro and RMX. The RMX is a bit better in my opinion, but these two are better than the ones you linked.

Also, gotta say that atleast when ordering from Pixmania to Finland, I hate the customer service, delivery times and then they sometimes screw up the order too. Wrong product/colour etc. I'd go for a different store to get the controller, and the price might just be a bit cheaper in a proper DJ store, atleast on proper equipment.

nolimitz
03-10-2012, 11:12 AM
I'm pretty sure if you do a really good search you can find an RMX within your budget, used of course. I got mine for $200 US and that was in January 2011. I wouldnt pick either because they're really cheap looking and pretty much limit you as far as what you can do. To be honest, the fun starts after you get the basics down.

The DJ console air looks really cheap and gimmicky. Can't speak for the other one but if you MUST choose between those two, i'd try the mixvibes controller. In order to have fun, you MUST stay away from the SYNC button. Search up SYNC and find out why lol

Peetah
03-10-2012, 11:20 AM
Ok thanks guys, I'll look around for second hand ones along with why not to use the Sync button haha

Thanks for your help!