PDA

View Full Version : Toronto DJF Meetup 2014

hoff
12-09-2013, 04:10 PM
Aight boys, we were close to having a rockin party this past year. I really wanna get a proper show going in 2014. I'm thinking we aim for Spring/Summer, which will give us ample time to plan and promote?

Let's get the idea juices flowing and make this shit happen!

Also, I'm done my undergrad in May, and will probably be taking a little time off so I'll be much more involved. The past year has been absolutely insane between school, my research and other life bs.

TrueWind
12-09-2013, 10:12 PM
I got a Venue on College street that fits around 70-100 people. Should be somewhat easy to fill up.... Anyone down?

jz416
12-09-2013, 10:17 PM
I got a Venue on College street that fits around 70-100 people. Should be somewhat easy to fill up.... Anyone down?

down!!

Baller95
12-10-2013, 08:12 AM
Down as always! I'm throwing down my first big party in a couple weeks so I'm pretty pumped for that :D

JackStalk
12-10-2013, 10:12 AM
Only 7 hours away, hmmm

hoff
12-10-2013, 11:12 AM
which venue truewind??

70-100 will be no problem to fill

TrueWind
12-12-2013, 12:45 AM
which venue truewind??

70-100 will be no problem to fill

Souz Dal. I am serious about this. Event would take place in January... so We need to start promoting... and Fast. Who is DOWN FOR SHURE!??!

TrueWind
12-12-2013, 01:07 AM
Whoever is down to do this, add me on facebook (/ma.peral)... (and whoever is interested in getting to know me can add me too... lol)

Cus we REALLY have to Consolidate everything if we are seriously going to do this....

Baller95
12-12-2013, 09:06 AM
Souz Dal. I am serious about this. Event would take place in January... so We need to start promoting... and Fast. Who is DOWN FOR SHURE!??!

I'm down but all of us need to meet up first!

TrueWind
12-12-2013, 12:17 PM
Who here is free this sunday? I know its short notice, but seriously... I would like to setup something for either late JAN or early FEB.

hoff
12-13-2013, 07:15 PM
Who here is free this sunday? I know its short notice, but seriously... I would like to setup something for either late JAN or early FEB.

I'm in the middle of exams broo.

I'm down for Jan or Feb. Feb would be good because we could have it during university reading week.

also, what genres do you guys spin. it will help tremendously if we can agree on a related selection of genres. i know a lot of people who wouldnt come if it was mainstream edm/dub even if i was playing a deep/techno set and vice versa. i'll play the genre the majority want but we should settle on a vibe for the night.

my personal favourites are techno and deep, but i can do almost anything. i have a good selection of underground dub and dark dubstep (think old skream). i also have a shitload of current mainstream stuff as thats what my residency calls for.

TrueWind
12-13-2013, 07:45 PM
my forte is deep, tech, latin genres (latin house/reggaeton/moombathon, etc...) as well as the top 40/ electro house genres....

If we can stay away from mainstream.... even better.

hoff
12-13-2013, 09:49 PM
my forte is deep, tech, latin genres (latin house/reggaeton/moombathon, etc...) as well as the top 40/ electro house genres....

If we can stay away from mainstream.... even better.

so deep, tech and techno then?

we can progress the sets in that order, would make for an awesome night. get ppl in and warmed up. into the grooves and on into the dark :love:

also of course feel free to throw some latin flare into the deep and tech. or whatever different but related stuff you got?

akswun
12-13-2013, 10:00 PM
I spin Hiphop/R&B and house.... more specifically classic, acid, & Soulful. Don't have too much techno, if any. But I can do Trap & Moombah as well. But I've been focusing on scratching and tablism as of late. Not much of a club vibe if you ask me.

hoff
12-13-2013, 10:14 PM
I spin Hiphop/R&B and house.... more specifically classic, acid, & Soulful. Don't have too much techno, if any. But I can do Trap & Moombah as well. But I've been focusing on scratching and tablism as of late. Not much of a club vibe if you ask me.

well a classic and acid house set would fit somewhere between the deep and tech sets. Seeing as this is a club event where we want our patrons grooving at all times, could you target your set to be a bit more club friendly?

Baller95
12-14-2013, 11:42 AM
(latin house/reggaeton/moombathon, etc...) as well as the top 40/ electro house genres....

This + progressive house, trap & hip-hop.

hoff
12-14-2013, 01:26 PM
This + progressive house, trap & hip-hop.

well we cant do prog and trap with deep and tech. we gotta pick mainstream or more underground. we dont have to.. but for the sake of the night we should. trust me, it's a nightmare trying to promote nights like that. "edm night, featuring a little tiny bit of everything so lots of people will be mildly entertained for a short period then get bored and leave"

Baller95
12-15-2013, 12:14 PM
well we cant do prog and trap with deep and tech. we gotta pick mainstream or more underground. we dont have to.. but for the sake of the night we should. trust me, it's a nightmare trying to promote nights like that. "edm night, featuring a little tiny bit of everything so lots of people will be mildly entertained for a short period then get bored and leave"

True, true. You guys can decide :P

hoff
12-15-2013, 05:22 PM
like i said, im cool with either route (mainstream vs underground). what does everyone else prefer?

Baller95
12-15-2013, 06:51 PM
I don't really do underground so if most of you wanna do underground I don't mind staying out of this one.

LeFresh
12-20-2013, 10:41 AM
trap & hip-hop.

This.

Dj_Buc
12-26-2013, 12:35 PM
If you guys need someone who spins big mainroom house stuff id be glad to help out.

KLH
12-26-2013, 01:46 PM
How far is Trana from Boston? Hmmm...

-KLH

Dj_Buc
12-26-2013, 02:21 PM
How far is Trana from Boston?

Around 8 hrs.