PDA

View Full Version : Denon DN-S1200 Users

DJ Riddims
03-09-2012, 06:16 PM
I am in the market to buy a new external hard drive for my DN-S1200 and would like to know what others are using?

I have a Western Digital My Passport for one deck that has held up great for over 2 years now, and I had a Toshiba hd for my other deck but it no longer recognizes it and the connection is very loose. I purchased a HP usb 3.0 HD today that claimed to have backwards compatibility with 2.0 devices but it does not work on the deck. I am leaning to purchase another My Passport but the older models start at $80 on Amazon which amazes me since hard drives with newer technology and more memory can be had for the same price or less.

bloomer
03-12-2012, 02:59 PM
I have a pair I used for a while, but I've since switched to CDJ-400s. Though my method hasn't changed, I have 6 USB Sticks with my songs on them. Less songs = faster load time, so I put all my 128+/- and 110+/- tracks on one pair, all my 70+/- and 87+/- tracks on another pair, and my 50 most recent tracks on the third pair. Yeah, up****** them is a bitch but hey, it sure beats burning CDs.

DJ Riddims
03-12-2012, 07:44 PM
Thanks for you input. Loading time though it may take a while doesn't really bother me much and I prefer having the convenience of having all my music on a single drive.

ampnation
03-12-2012, 07:55 PM
I believe my next external will be this one... http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/products/external/external-hard-drive/goflex-satellite
It can not only connect via USB, but also can connect to my android via wifi and can operate via batteries.

edit: It is USB 3.0 though

Tektonix
03-12-2012, 09:51 PM
I have 2 Western Digital Elements 3TB Drives C: Never had a problem with them and they work great

DJ Riddims
03-13-2012, 08:32 PM
I believe my next external will be this one... http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/products/external/external-hard-drive/goflex-satellite
It can not only connect via USB, but also can connect to my android via wifi and can operate via batteries.

edit: It is USB 3.0 though

What are you currently using?

ampnation
03-15-2012, 07:16 PM
What are you currently using?

I have a few, but frankly haven't used them for this purpose
Those include older WD My Passport 250, a couple of the same model, but forget that mode.. has a sloped surface and I'm thinking it isn't a WD. Then I also have two USB 3.0 models but they don't work with my Denon HD-2500... Haven't tried the older one's but I'm guessing they will.

roguedna
05-18-2012, 06:36 PM
I've got a 320GB and 500GB (in 3.5 inch safecom caddies) for use with my DNS1200 (both usb2). Most drive should work provided there formatted correctly and best to use powered external drives. If the connection is lose in the caddy, pull the drive and get a new caddy.

ampnation
05-19-2012, 08:15 AM
I've determined my strategy will be to use a hard drive enclosure. It's easier to find a USB 2.0 enclosure and stick the latest internal hard drive in that...at least that's my hypothesis.