PDA

View Full Version : Posted this elsewhere, but feel it might be more suited in here

kc1888
12-04-2013, 09:40 AM
Hi Everyone,

I started out mixing with a numark mixtrack pro just over a year ago and feel ive taken it as far as I can. It is pretty limited to what is on offer and feel now is a good time to step up to something new. I really do want to go down the cdj route but the amount of money involved makes it difficult..

So ive been reading around about the traktor s2 or s4 and since its totally designed for the traktor software ive been using it makes sense and is affordable.. question is how far really will it take me..

With the s4 coming with cdj compatibility option (and the offer to buy it on finance for £50 for 9 months) its really tempting. Im hoping people have been in the same situation as me before and can pass on some advise..

Is the s4 the next step between the novelty of the mixtrack and club equipment? or atleast a step in the right direction? or is there little difference between the s4 and what I already have?

Any other equipment suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

P.S its a few pretty common genre's of house ive been mixing, the latest being Tech House. Its too no great standard but ill post up a mix in the other part of the forum.

DJ Highline
12-05-2013, 08:57 AM
I think the S4 is a great step up from the Mixtrack and will be very difficult to out grow....until new shinny comes out at NAMM. So I say go for it...

kc1888
12-05-2013, 09:38 AM
I think the S4 is a great step up from the Mixtrack and will be very difficult to out grow....until new shinny comes out at NAMM. So I say go for it...

Thanks mate, appreciate it. Going to go for it and hopefully take it a little more serious! :)