PDA

View Full Version : Rane Sixty One

Lowercase
11-26-2013, 12:20 PM
as my man cave is nearly finished being redecorated and im off next week to get a nice solid table at last, ive been thinking about my set up.

i love my empath, but built in filters and an integrated Serato soundcard is mighty tempting to ditch my outdated SSL1 box and cable clutter....
Been tempting myself with the new rane series mixers,

has anyone bought the 61 and wished they'd held out longer and saved for the 62?

there's only a £550 difference between the 61 and 62 (i say only...)

but im not sure i can drop £1550 on a 62 without having to have a serious talk with myself after about spending that much on a ruddy mixer....

:blank:

DJ Highline
11-26-2013, 07:49 PM
I'm of the mindset of get the 61 and then add the Pioneer DDJ-SP1 later. With that set up, the only thing I can think of that you would be missing is the ability to add a second laptop into your mix...but being that it is for you in your mancave, I don't see that being a huge issue.

fatcatdj
11-27-2013, 02:21 AM
http://www.sweetwater.com/images/items/750/KPQuad-large.jpg
Mancave? Save yer money n just get a Kaos pad. I used to have one on my Numark EM260 and sold it, dammit!
It has a lot of effects, the one I had that was built in was the 1st gen. It probably has more effects now.
http://medias.audiofanzine.com/images/normal/korg-kaoss-pad-3-kp3-191337.jpg

Lowercase
11-27-2013, 12:59 PM
I'm of the mindset of get the 61 and then add the Pioneer DDJ-SP1 later. With that set up, the only thing I can think of that you would be missing is the ability to add a second laptop into your mix...but being that it is for you in your mancave, I don't see that being a huge issue.

yea, that combination is still £1329 though, might aswell just get the 62 for that price? and the ddj sp1 takes up a fair bit of table room.

and yea i dont do clubs anymore, so having a seperate sl box isnt really essential. but if i do play out then i take my own set up. so the less to carry and plug in and find space for the better.

i stumbled onto this last night. http://www.juno.co.uk/products/behringer-cmd-dc1-dj-controller/487682-01/

in terms of layout, its a pretty ideal serato controller for samples, cue points, the effects and scrolling library. just the build quality im umming and arring about. and table space! ill have to see how much room i have once i get the table up.

i hate things on stands and being stacked up high.

ive had a play with the korg before, couldnt really get on with it though :\

DjLiquitATL
11-28-2013, 09:11 AM
I've been debating the same thing... I have a Z2 currently and thought about the 61/62

Lowercase
12-03-2013, 12:53 PM
Z2 is a lovely mixer. its very tempting but im a bit scared of change lol. its pretty high on my impulse buy list lol

serato is safe and has a less cluttered layout, and rane mixers are just mmmmm dreamy.

my man cave is nearly done, new tables up, loooks the fecking bees knees. will bung a picture up in the show your setup thread tomorow or something :D

Lowercase
12-03-2013, 12:54 PM
has the lack of reverse switches on the channel faders bothered you at all?

DJ Highline
12-05-2013, 08:44 AM
You can use the Z2 with a Serato box and map the buttons on the Z2 to control Serato...I think this is how Sigma is running his Z2. A Z2 and SL2 box should come in at about $1200 and now you can rock both Traktor and Serato on one setup...

DjLiquitATL
12-05-2013, 09:40 AM
has the lack of reverse switches on the channel faders bothered you at all?

Not sure of this question is directed to me or not...the z2 can be calibrated in reverse. The only thing that bothers me is the inability to adjust the curve of the channel faders without an innofader upgrade BUT within traktor there is not an option either so I'm not sure an innofader pnp would fix the problem

DjLiquitATL
12-05-2013, 09:42 AM
You can use the Z2 with a Serato box and map the buttons on the Z2 to control Serato...I think this is how Sigma is running his Z2. A Z2 and SL2 box should come in at about $1200 and now you can rock both Traktor and Serato on one setup...

I've seen this before BUT I wouldn't do it. I'm familiar with both platforms and can use Serato if I have to

Lowercase
12-05-2013, 12:43 PM
^ also wouldnt do this. not overly fussed on midi and all that. and it still means having a seperate SL box and assorted cables plonked on me nice new console.