PDA

View Full Version : Odd dmx chain behavior, help!

wrach
11-24-2013, 12:29 AM
I'm using a Chauvet Obey 40 and 8 Venue Slimpar 64's set to 7 channel dmx. the last two fiixtures in the address chain will not respond to the first three channels but will repond to channels 5 and 6. If I re-address the rig, it doesn't matter what fixtures are at the end of the address chain, the last two will behave in the same manner. So, all fixtures work except the ones with addresses 97 or 113 that only respond to channels 5 and 6. The chain is terminated.

I'm out of ideas, please help!

DJ-JDAWG
11-24-2013, 12:43 AM
I'm using a Chauvet Obey 40 and 8 Venue Slimpar 64's set to 7 channel dmx. the last two fiixtures in the address chain will not respond to the first three channels but will repond to channels 5 and 6. If I re-address the rig, it doesn't matter what fixtures are at the end of the address chain, the last two will behave in the same manner. So, all fixtures work except the ones with addresses 97 or 113 that only respond to channels 5 and 6. The chain is terminated.

I'm out of ideas, please help!

Try putting a DMX terminator on your last light. That's usually the problem if your lights are acting up. I'm new on here but from my research that's what I have concluded.

DJzrule
11-24-2013, 01:22 AM
Did you try different cables? Switching the address of those lights to known working lights?

BillESC
11-24-2013, 02:52 PM
Sounds like the Obey 40 may have defective fixture buttons.

Try just hooking one fixture addressed to 97 and select fixture button 7, can you get it to work? Now re-address it to 113 and try again.

Let us know what happens.