PDA

View Full Version : Beat Juggle Nose Dive

DJ Straxger
11-18-2013, 11:10 AM
What's going on everyone.

Well I know how to beat juggle. i'd say my skills are intermediate maybe a little less. I'm fast enough that I can juggle just one note back and forth but I can't mix different phrases and stuff yet. Before I move on to more advance beat juggling I wanted to learn tricks with the basics that I know.

I can do behind the back and the spin and using my back to move the fader. I'm currently working on criss crossing my hands which I have the technique down now I'm just getting my speed up. The one I'm struggling with and REALLY want to learn is the I guess you would call it nose dive where you're moving the cross fader with your nose. I can't do it AT ALL! Not even on a one bar loop which got me thinking maybe that is meant to do on a half bar or one hit. Even when I try to practice it I get lost and I don't know if there is a certain way that I'm suppose to move the fader with my nose but I usually can't do it. Any help would be appreciated.

And just so you guys know, practicing is NOT a problem for me. I LOVE to practice I just can't figure out the proper way to practice this.

Here's a video just in case you guys aren't sure what I'm talking about even though I'm pretty sure everyone knows. DJ Scratch is going to start doing it around 3:39 I believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F99ZMR9htBo

TheRabbitMonk
11-18-2013, 11:48 AM
I maybe wrong but i think your going to fast with the round the backs and nose dives. you should just concentrate on juggling. once you've mastered that then you can start throwing in body tricks.
it's almost like football, you learn to dribble, control, shoot. once you've got all that down you throw step overs in and drag backs into the mix.

I've been juggling for a few years now, and i don't really bother with body tricks. each to his own and all that.

DJ Straxger
11-18-2013, 05:47 PM
I get what you're saying. It's funny because I look at it the opposite way. I figured learn the basics and tricks with the basics before I learn advance beat juggling. I don't think either way is wrong I guess personal preference.

I actually learned how to beat juggle in 2008 but I really wasn't into it back then so I didn't care to learn advance beat juggling or body tricks. Recently I really got into beat juggling don't really know how but I've been wanting to learn everything about it.

Finnish_Fox
11-19-2013, 03:25 PM
it's almost like soccer, you learn to dribble, control, shoot. once you've got all that down you throw step overs in and drag backs into the mix.

Fixed for Americans.

TheRabbitMonk
11-19-2013, 04:32 PM
lol, i did think about writing soccer but i was like no! it's called football.

@DJ Straxger

i can now see it your way, i sometimes do a juggle and i think, i've got time to throw a round the back here, but don't because i've never done it before and i'm scared of breaking my mixer and putting my back out.:)

Finnish_Fox
11-19-2013, 04:52 PM
lol, i did think about writing soccer but i was like no! it's called football.

I totally agree with you and I am (part) American... but I also know some would wonder what a step over in Gridiron is, unless you are talking about a player literally stepping over another player.

:lol:

DJ Straxger
11-20-2013, 02:03 AM
@DJ Straxger

i can now see it your way, i sometimes do a juggle and i think, i've got time to throw a round the back here, but don't because i've never done it before and i'm scared of breaking my mixer and putting my back out.:)

lol that was actually funny I guess I learn different then everyone else. There is a method to my madness though.