PDA

View Full Version : Sub Frequency Settings

Dj Vishnu
03-09-2012, 03:17 AM
Good day DJF peep's,

I have a pair of CVA121's hooked up to the Behringer DDM4000 - sub output channel.

Ok, I know the CV's are not everyone's cup of tea, but I am like 50% away from swopping over to a pair T30's. Just short of the drivers coz they are like finding a needle in a haystack here in South Africa.

So for now, I want to get the best out of what I have.

What would the best frequency setting on the DDM4000 & on the CVA121's which are daisy chained.

A friend suggested anything between 100Hz to 120Hz, as the bottom end can be felt from closer distances away from the placement of bins (the dancing area) & not travel so much that it would sound at lower settings were it sounds very good if one is standing outside the hall. Also said that for the type of music played (lot of R&B, top 40 & 80's old school), it would sound alot better.

Please excuse if this is a stupid question as I know it is more on preference, but I would like to know what are the opinions/ options.

windspeed36
03-09-2012, 04:18 AM
I wouldn't bother doing both crossovers - just use the full range LR outputs on your mixer and send each single to a separate subwoofer. Use the inbuilt crossovers at either 85 or 130Hz. Depends on how it sounds. I would go 130 because 85 is right in the middle of your kick drum. Keeping in mind that this is based on the fact that you can choose to send a full range signal out of the mixing however knowing Behringer anything could happen.