PDA

View Full Version : Need advice.. How to drop track on build up.

havoc
11-05-2013, 04:17 PM
I mix progressive / electro..

I have listen to alot of other dj's mixes and they tend to drop the drop of the next track on the build up of the previous one..
A bit like juicy m does.. I know its a bad example and most people probablr think she is sh1t but im just using it as an example..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xS3TIa2gSQ

I am trying to use my hot cues.. Do people tent to set the hot cues say for example 64 beats before a drop etc, or at the drop?????

Hairyhaggis
11-05-2013, 09:46 PM
After watching that clip I have a feeling she isn't really hired on her DJ'ing skills...

Ceegeeaye
11-06-2013, 02:09 AM
Can someone point out what she is doing wrong? I'm still a noob and I can't figure out what's wrong with this except some effects.

havoc
11-06-2013, 02:43 AM
To be honnest i think she is pretty good. I've sen some other videos and she seems decent. Obviously everything is pre prepared as she isnt wearing headphones etc..

I've tried to use my hot cues etc to get a mix like this but i cant seem to get it to sound as good as she does.. Maybe it is track selection..

Fultron
11-06-2013, 12:02 PM
I am trying to use my hot cues.. Do people tent to set the hot cues say for example 64 beats before a drop etc, or at the drop?????

However they want to get it done 16, 32, 64.. etc. There is no set way to do it, use your creativity.

TheRabbitMonk
11-07-2013, 07:48 AM
this is a preplanned set no beatmatching nothing. all she's doing is remembering when to press button and upfade n downfade.

to me it looks quite easy. have your hot cues set and just work out where to press it. kill bass on current track or cut it out.

unnecessary even to have the 4 decks

Mahatma Coat
11-07-2013, 07:56 AM
http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj523/JohnnyChuckles/Cleavage.jpg

Fultron
11-07-2013, 02:05 PM
http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj523/JohnnyChuckles/Cleavage.jpg

Holy shit, I'm glad I revisited this thread.

dj daywalker
11-07-2013, 09:57 PM
I don't usually mix like that, but when I do....I have a folder called "mixdrop" with tracks set aside specifically for doing that. How I do it though is I use tracks that have a little vocal sample before the drop, and set a hot cue at the start of the vocal sample (always the A slot, that way I won't push the wrong one on accident!!!). So one track is building up, I have the fader of the one I am about to drop up, then at the right time I hit the hot cue and slam the outgoing track fader down. The vocal sample will play then the track will drop.

Mikeymitch
11-12-2013, 02:38 PM
A lot of electro has a 4 beat pre drop I call it ... Like animals or tsunami ....they have that "motherfuckin animals" and then it hits ... Literally on the build up you can use the filter and what not like she does and then on beat 13 of the last phrase before the drop you can press play on the incoming track at its beat 13 and it will have pretty much the same effect she is doing ... I think that's what you mean lol