PDA

View Full Version : Battle Voting DJF Trance Tourney 2013: ChrisHynds -vs- Ignotus

Rek_Aviles
11-03-2013, 08:49 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/vf8eph.png
DJF TRANCE TOURNAMENT - ROUND 2

MIX 1 (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8213521/DJF_Trance_Tournament_2013_ChrisHynds-vs-Ignotus1.mp3)

MIX 2 (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8213521/DJF_Trance_Tournament_2013_ChrisHynds-vs-Ignotus2.mp3)

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________

RULES:
Last track mix in time(s):

Round Two: 30 minute mark

no required track.

Mixes will not be restricted in track number. Instead they will be restricted by time. The final track of each mix must (<- I cannot stress this enough) have started by the end minute mark listed below. If any mixes do not conform to this the id10t will be immediately eliminated.

The battles are to be decided on skills and programming, not specific genre tastes. Contestants are urged to vote all other battles aside from their own battle. It's good to be picky, this is a competition and you ideally want to have a perfect mix.

Voting
The battles will be posted as Username versus Username. Anyone still active in the championships will be REQUIRED to vote in ALL battles. Don’t expect any sympathy on this one, if I listen to your battle and vote you listen to my battle and vote = respect. Failing to do so will result in automatic disqualification. Eliminated contestants should show good sportsmanship and continue to listen to battles and vote. If there is a tiebreaker, I (DJForums Admin) will then vote.

MORE DETAILS CAN BE FOUND HERE:
http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?31090-DJF-2013-Trance-Tournament-Thread-Rules-amp-Entry&p=299683&viewfull=1#post299683

**This poll will display users who voted, and the choice they've made.**

deathsupport
11-04-2013, 02:34 PM
Mix 1 sounds like it's playing back at an atrocious bitrate. I downloaded it three times and the quality is way off compared to mix 2, yet both say they're playing back at 192 kbps. Anyone else getting this?

Vernski
11-04-2013, 09:30 PM
MIX 2:

(Live Feedback)

Love the the first track.........I believe I detect Simon Patterson somewhere there...??

Change of pace @ 7min 30 sec, done well - pumping again @ 9 min again - there's some serious testosterone related mixing going on here, this IggyvHynds match up is making you guys go that extra mile!!!:

16min 20 sec, the pace seemed to really pick up. 17min 40sec, is that the track playing with the key/bpm changing or is that the DJ - would like to know?

Oooooh Latino speak @ 22 min "te quiero mucho":love: No hablo ingles.....:lol:

There's not much I can offer as far judging goes, you're definitely putting some skills on show.

Edit: I'm not sure if the occasion made this happen - the mix is technically great, but it seemed to me that there was a little too much going on. I'm not sure if is intentional as a style thing for the mix or it was because of the solid match up and you need to ramp it up another level. I don't think I could execute such a mix, but if I was to have a go at it, I would take it back a peg or two and nail the fuck out of it.

In any case though, you've really smashed it - good job :tup:

MIX 1

Despite the shitty quality at the moment, I can still make out a nice structure to track selection - Track 1, one of my faves (she sounds hot, even with the shitty bit rate :love::lol:)

DECISION:

It pains me to have to make a decision here as I was really looking forward to checking both your mixes out and really nutting out a fair result. With the situation as it stands I will have to vote for mix 2, purely based on the fact that it has been submitted properly. I believe that both mixes would have been on a level playing field in the technical sense and I really would have been deciding more on a programming level - but as there is no way to really know if the technical side is spot on for mix 1, that leaves me very little option for anything else.

I'm very sorry to the creator of mix one but mix 2 it is.......

Lastly, as I mentioned earlier, the things that were done in mix 2 was really impressive. You definitely showcased a lot skills and tricks, well done

Vernski
11-04-2013, 09:48 PM
Mix 1 sounds like it's playing back at an atrocious bitrate. I downloaded it three times and the quality is way off compared to mix 2, yet both say they're playing back at 192 kbps. Anyone else getting this?

I had no connection at all, maybe it is being removed and replaced....:shrug:

Got through this time - there's something really wrong with the playback... I'm sure it's accidental - will listen through just to see what tracks have been selected. Not going to judge it though. Both these guys do great stuff, will wait for the problem to be sorted.

MrB
11-06-2013, 02:44 AM
Listened to both mixes and they were both great!

Mix one really took you on a journey, started out softish and progressed harder. really liked that. However I believe the ball was dropped around 7 minutes with that track, but was picked back up.

MIx two was great also. Hit hard throughout the whole mix, however I would have liked to hear more vocals.

Overall, I'm gonna have to go with mix one because I really felt the journey on that one, but mix two was really good also. Best of luck to the both of you.

JackStalk
11-06-2013, 11:11 AM
Mix 1: Had me perfectly in a trance until the mix around 15 minutes. It wasnt bad, just noticeable and I remembered I was listening to a mix. Sounds like probably both tracks were too open on the mids. 23ish was a little abrupt/rushed.

Mix 2: I like this one so far. around 6mins it feels like you dropped the lows a little too much or the volume slightly wasnt high enough when you cut to just the Hi's before the drop. Breakdown at 18m was meh, especially with the vocal. Drop was good though. 23m got the head bob going.

Mix one really hit home for me, I thought most of it was the definition of what a "trance" is, you forget everything except the music and just drift around. Mix 1 gets my vote.

M!TCH
11-09-2013, 04:06 PM
Mix 1: I'm liking the intro. Very slow beginning. I really like this song but what remix is this? Also, it still sounds like shoddy quality to me bit wise. If that was a mix around ~7:30 I thought it had stopped playing for a minute. I can't give much feedback on the mixing in this set as it was hard for me to pick out as I wasn't sure if it was a continuation of track a or if track b was coming in. There were no noticeable issues in the mixing.

Mix 2: You son of a :argh: :lol: this is not the first time this track has been used to open a set in one of these battles :ninja: Much more my style of trance music.

I need to listen to these again and focus on the mixing points before voting.

EDIT: after listening through I am going to have to go with Mix 2

Vernski
11-09-2013, 09:15 PM
Mix 1: I'm liking the intro. Very slow beginning. I really like this song but what remix is this?

It's Velvetine - Safe [Wherever You Are] not sure if this is the same version on this mix....

K_sv1NajKFk

M!TCH
11-10-2013, 11:44 AM
That's the version I own, this just did not sound the same.

Vernski
11-10-2013, 04:24 PM
That's the version I own, this just did not sound the same.

Oh sorry, I misunderstood your earlier post. I didn't mean to link you something you already have...:uhoh: :lol:

Sedna
11-12-2013, 03:39 PM
Once again, commuting while listening, so I don't have transition specific comments, just summaries.

Mix 1 - Well, from what I could make out of the mix, it was solid. Transitions seemed tight and track selection flowed well. That being said, it's really hard to judge a mix that sounds like it's being played out of a Playskool Rocktivity.

Mix 2 - Do I even need to comment here? Techy psy-tastic goodness through and through. Mixing was great aside from a couple minor flaws, flow was excellent, programming was good. The track selection is excellent (pretty sure I have almost all of these tracks).

Mix 2 gets my vote here. For being awesome. Blasting Bad Trip by Matt Skyer really got me some strange looks from people while I was stuck in traffic :lol:

Vernski
11-12-2013, 09:06 PM
Mix 2 gets my vote here. For being awesome. Blasting Bad Trip by Matt Skyer really got me some strange looks from people while I was stuck in traffic :lol:

That's Awesome......:lol:

Delta V
11-12-2013, 09:48 PM
Mix 1: This intro sounds like someone eating potato chips, that clap just sounds weird to me, i really like whats underneath though, until the vocal, I would prolly a play a dub mix of this. Next few tracks were smooth, and transitions were very good. Nice selection of tunes and I think I got used to the quality through the mix but it really needs to sound better.

Mix 2: Good first tune, like the feel here. Some really good psyish stuff here, I'm no good at playing this type of stuff so kodus (how the heck do you spell that word?) to you. Mixing was very sold and smooth, pretty good flow too.

Both mixes were great, really enjoyed listening to both. I'm gonna go with mix 1, I think it was slightly smoother technically wise with mixing and track progression.

Vernski
11-12-2013, 11:39 PM
I'm no good at playing this type of stuff so kodus (how the heck do you spell that word?)

It is spelled........:banana:Kudos:banana:

Ignotus
11-13-2013, 10:23 PM
well i must admit, i have NO idea why my upload sounded like it was playing through a potato, i was very worried and bummed, and a new one was not uploaded...

it was a close battle, and i should have lost, but, i thank you all for voting, and i promise it will never go down like that again.

anyways, gg chris, but, i got you ;)

i am mix one

tekno_violet
11-14-2013, 01:05 AM
I went with mix 1.
Purely for track selection.
Good stuff Chris and Ignotus.

ChrisHynds
11-14-2013, 07:50 AM
Ahh I never knew this was nearly over or I would have spammed it a little more for votes, Ahh well i guess you guys are Afraid of 138?! :P congrats Iggy and good luck in the rest of the tourney man. I'm a little disappointed tbh but glad that i have more time to work on other projects now