PDA

View Full Version : Setting the address on a Chauvet Obey 70 for Stagg moving heads

Dj Vishnu
10-29-2013, 02:07 AM
Good day all,

I have a Chauvet Obey 70 dmx controller and have been using it for a while with a bunch of other dmx'd lights....so I do know how to set the addresses.

Now my equipment dealer lent me a pair of Stagg 10 moving heads to play around with, as a demo. I wasn't able to figure out how to set the address for channel 15 & 16, which is assigned to the jog stick.

Please help, as I want to get a pair of Chauvet Scan 300's in December and want to use the jog knob.

Demo'd the Stagg's this weekend but had them on sound to light. Nice little units for the price. Very bright & also gives a nice wash effect....just limited on functionality. That's why I am opting for the Scan 300's

robdquick
10-29-2013, 06:51 AM
You would have to find out what channels are the pan/tilt channels on the Stagg, and then set the DMX address on the stagg's so that the pan/tilt channels line up with channels 15/16 on the obey.

So if channels 1/2 on the stagg are pan/tilt, then you need to set the base DMX channel on the stagg to be 15 so that channels 15/16 control the pan/tilt. Doesn't help though if the rest of the channels for controlling colour etc. are past the pan/tilt channels, as they would appear on a different fixture on the obey.

You may also be able to swap the channels on the obey, so that channels 1/2 are actually mapped to channels 15/16. I'm sure I read somewhere you could do this on the Obey.

DJzrule
10-29-2013, 08:40 AM
Straight from the manual...

Obey 70 Controller
Joystick Assignment
The joystick is designed for moving head & scanning mirror fixtures.

1. Press <PROGRAM> and <TAP SYNC/DISPLAY>. This will enter the physical fader
assignment mode.
2. Select one of the fixtures: <FIXTURE 1~12> (this will be the fixture that you want to
modify the channels for).
3. Move the <SPEED> fader to select the pan control [SLIDERP1/1].
4. Move the <FADE TIME> fader to select the DMX channel to assign it to.
5. Press <MIDI/ADD> to save the setting.
6. Repeat steps 3~5 for the tilt [SLIDERT1/2].
7. Press <PROGRAM> and <TAP SYNC/DISPLAY> two times to exit physical fader
assignment mode.

robdquick
10-30-2013, 03:33 AM
I thought you could do that. Much better option than changing the DMX address on the light to match the joystick.