PDA

View Full Version : A WIP that needs critiquing.

the4thImpulse
03-07-2012, 04:52 PM
This is a progressive house song I have been working on for the past 2 weeks. I am looking for any kind of feedback you can give me.

http://soundcloud.com/the4thimpulse/needs-a-title-wip

de.j.l
03-07-2012, 08:29 PM
I like the shakers at 4:06 man, over all it is pretty good. The chords seem a little "too happy" or something for me but over all a decent piece. Keep in mind I am by no means a prog house guy.

jonistaken
03-07-2012, 08:38 PM
My thoughts as I listen...

The intro is kinda meh, not bad but not good. The production quality sounds pretty good on these speakers. That first break is pretty catchy, I am liking the hi-hat shuffle and synth line as well as that second synth that comes in. It drags on a little long for my tastes but so does all house music so your probably fine. That breakdown is also kinda meh, gets a lot better as the drums start coming in again and it starts to build. Then we are back at that main riff again.

I'm not much for this sort of house but it was certainly listenable. If I was in public or at someones house and this came on I would be happy but I would not search it out myself.

Just my 2 cents.

the4thImpulse
03-07-2012, 10:47 PM
Thank you both, It is easily my best work so far and I am quite proud of what I have created. I can agree with everything you said jonistaken, it being listenable is better then I thought it would be!