PDA

View Full Version : My journey as a DJ has truly begun

fat8ack
03-07-2012, 01:05 PM
I started DJing a year ago. I had no idea how it would go. I had my dreams and aspirations. I have done some small house parties/raves and one massive party (which was an overwhelming success). Now things are really coming together. I have a wedding booked for the first week of April, got booked for every weekend of the month of March at a a local bar and am DJing a fashion show in a couple of weeks. All I can say is, damn it feels good to get paid to do what you love to do!!!!

Moral of this thread: I you are true to the music, keep at it and dont give up, I didnt and a year later the real journey has begun.

Still, I have so much to learn, but this week has been a massive turning point and just feels outa this world!!!!!!!

Next stop........Ibiza....hahahaha

:banana:

DJNR
03-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Congratulations man. Glad to hear your able to do what you love to do. Keep it up!

Defiance
03-07-2012, 04:16 PM
Your doing better than me! I've been averaging about once a month with a wedding/formal event here and there.

Phil Noize
03-07-2012, 06:42 PM
Keep doin' what you're doin' bro' ... nice one!

bnr
03-08-2012, 09:39 AM
Congrats man. Remember us when you're famous :tup:

Ferryman
03-08-2012, 10:08 AM
Nice. Big ups dude. Lovely feeling isn't it?! Taking a hobby and turning it into a source of income :)

fat8ack
03-08-2012, 12:42 PM
Nice. Big ups dude. Lovely feeling isn't it?! Taking a hobby and turning it into a source of income :)

Like nothing else.......+rep for everyone!

Djsmylez
03-08-2012, 01:25 PM
How have I been getting your name out?

squirrelmaster
03-08-2012, 01:32 PM
So, how'd you make things happen? Do you network a lot? Production?

fat8ack
03-08-2012, 01:38 PM
How have I been getting your name out?

Just word of mouth really. A lot of my friends spend a lot of time at and work at the local bars and it came down to me just talking to the manager. I would say for the most part my friends, they are all the local.....cool people? I just use that because of lack of a better term (and I hate to have to say it like that). Just most of my good friends frequent all the bars and know a lot of people. I usually have folks to my place a couple nights a week and wind up getting drunk and getting on the decks and everyone has fun......I don't know man...Hard work and determination.

I practice pretty much everyday too. So I spend a lot of time with my music. Plus I am not shy to play in front of anyone.

MeowMix
03-08-2012, 02:53 PM
Not to piss on your parade but i really hope you are ready for something like a wedding. Its a very different beast than house parties and even big festivals. You better be ready with a lot of different genres from different periods and have talked things out with the wedding peeps.

Otherwise, well dont and good luck with the rest of your DJ journey.

fat8ack
03-08-2012, 03:24 PM
Not to piss on your parade but i really hope you are ready for something like a wedding. Its a very different beast than house parties and even big festivals. You better be ready with a lot of different genres from different periods and have talked things out with the wedding peeps.

O trust me I am studying up on this and the Bride and Groom are close friends so (fingers crossed) I should nail it....

fat8ack
04-02-2012, 12:55 PM

Wedding went off with out a hitch...thank you for the motivation!

Nicadraus
04-02-2012, 02:45 PM
Good story and keep going! I see your passion in this craft by your words. :tup:

Quentin Legend
04-02-2012, 03:21 PM
Well done man! :)

Also heading in the same direction, things are picking up.

Alert
04-03-2012, 12:42 AM
Props

:tup:

login
04-03-2012, 12:59 AM
Congrats man, keep dancin :D

DJMESSIDONA
05-01-2012, 09:23 AM
Thats badass....I have 2 parties back 2 back coming up and 1 of them they changed the date of the banquet hall so they could have me playing since I was already booked da day before haha i felt like a pimp