PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried this very small moving head?

RGBlite
10-16-2013, 12:00 AM
I just discovered the Lumin Lights Compact Gobo Spot 60. Its a very small 60 watt spot with two gobo wheels and electronic focus, but only weighs 8 lbs. It almost sounds too good to be true for mobile use. The price at $675 is not great (?), but in between a 50 watt ADJ and a 75 watt Chauvet, so reasonable I guess. I think they had it in their booth at DJExpo in August, but unfortunately I didn't pay any attention to it at the time. Does anyone have any feedback about this company? The only thing I've seen is some fairly positive reports by Deejaybustab on YouTube. Thanks for any feedback and opinions!

Johnnotestine
10-16-2013, 02:32 AM
I just discovered the Lumin Lights Compact Gobo Spot 60. Its a very small 60 watt spot with two gobo wheels and electronic focus, but only weighs 8 lbs. It almost sounds too good to be true for mobile use. The price at $675 is not great (?), but in between a 50 watt ADJ and a 75 watt Chauvet, so reasonable I guess. I think they had it in their booth at DJExpo in August, but unfortunately I didn't pay any attention to it at the time. Does anyone have any feedback about this company? The only thing I've seen is some fairly positive reports by Deejaybustab on YouTube. Thanks for any feedback and opinions!

I have a few Lumin lights flat pars (tri-led). They work great.

Johnnotestine
10-16-2013, 02:37 AM
Their picture of that light looks IDENTICAL to the Blizzard Ice 60. I don't know if it is the same light, but the Ice got great reviews before Blizzard discontinued it.

DJzrule
10-16-2013, 08:13 AM
Honestly when you're spending that cash, don't fuck up and spend it on no-name lights. Lumin is trying to make a name for itself here, but it's the same OEM chinese crap from eBay and Alibaba resellers. Stick with Blizzard/Chauvet/ADJ/Elation.

RGBlite
10-18-2013, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the feedback! I hear you, DJzrule, that's my concern. I wish one of those guys put out a light like this. It has a different weight and number of DMX channels than the Ice 60.

Johnnotestine
10-18-2013, 03:35 PM
It seems that when these fixtures hit the Chinese market a lot of the manufacturers discontinue the product (Ice 60, Blizzard Puck 3, Chauvet QSpot 260)

DJzrule
10-18-2013, 04:03 PM
It seems that when these fixtures hit the Chinese market a lot of the manufacturers discontinue the product (Ice 60, Blizzard Puck 3, Chauvet QSpot 260)

What happens is when they discontinue it, they stop labeling them out of the OEM manufacturing plants, and they sell them in bulk to get rid of them and churn in their own profit. No middle man = higher profit, especially when talking bulk.

Where the problem lies is that the middle man (Chauvet/ADJ) takes care of QC and warranty.

Johnnotestine
10-18-2013, 05:15 PM
That would make sense; however, many of these products were not discontinued until after the market was flooded with rip-offs, ie. QSPot 260.

DJzrule
10-19-2013, 12:11 AM
That would make sense; however, many of these products were not discontinued until after the market was flooded with rip-offs, ie. QSPot 260.

Probably flooded with rip-offs because they "fell off the back of a van".

rainmakerx97
10-22-2013, 10:04 PM
I have four of these lights coming in this week. I will post video. I have dealt with Lumin Lights before and purchased a dozen Slick Par Quad W and love them. Had a problem with one of the fans...sent one email..Received two replacement fans within four days...no charge. I have been satisfied with the quick replies that come directly from the owners and excellent customer service.

DYM
10-23-2013, 04:44 PM
I have four of these lights coming in this week. I will post video. I have dealt with Lumin Lights before and purchased a dozen Slick Par Quad W and love them. Had a problem with one of the fans...sent one email..Received two replacement fans within four days...no charge. I have been satisfied with the quick replies that come directly from the owners and excellent customer service.

Seeing this as your first post... not sure if credible.

rainmakerx97
10-23-2013, 08:11 PM
Your choice whether you think I have so much time in my life to cook up a bed of lies and incredibilities. I spend my entire life trolling forums to post fake disclaimers to purposely mislead people whose opinions I respect and depend on to make informed purchasing decisions. I have no affiliation with Lumin Lights other than I have purchased a dozen Flat Quad Pars that I have been more than happy with. There...now I have two posts...does that make me credible? In addition to those lights, I own two ADJ X Scans, two ADJ Sunray Tri Led DMX lights, two Chauvet Colorstrips, and a Revo 3. My purchase of the Lumin Lights was to take my kit up a notch. My decision to purchase the Compact Gobo Spot 60s is the numerous features as well as the electronic DMX focusing. Anyways...that is all the information I can supply. I hope I was able to provide helpful information.

fatcatdj
10-23-2013, 08:52 PM
Looks like a cool light. Regarding the Chinese knock offs, its as common as a house fly. Cheapdjgear.com has the same kind of stuff as the Chauvet, ADJ, Elation, etc with a
price tag that is easy to swallow. However IMO, the ONLY bad thing about these lights and the Lumins is the resale. Its very hard to sell a brand no one has heard of.
I want to add I also have a small moving head according to my wife.

RGBlite
10-23-2013, 11:17 PM
Thanks to all for your input and comments. "rainmakerx97", I hope you will still post a video, and report your impressions when you get this fixture. Thanks!

djrojas
10-24-2013, 04:19 PM
Looks like a cool light. Regarding the Chinese knock offs, its as common as a house fly. Cheapdjgear.com has the same kind of stuff as the Chauvet, ADJ, Elation, etc with a
price tag that is easy to swallow. However IMO, the ONLY bad thing about these lights and the Lumins is the resale. Its very hard to sell a brand no one has heard of.
I want to add I also have a small moving head according to my wife.

You're so wrong.

rainmakerx97
10-24-2013, 07:06 PM
I was hoping they would have been in today, but the shipper shows arrival time as being Monday, October 28. I will definitely post video and an honest opinion. Hoping I did not drop $2800 for nothing. Canadian dollar is down a bit, so I had to pay .06 cents on the dollar. Wish me luck :)

fatcatdj
10-24-2013, 08:21 PM
You're so wrong.

You've never been to China I take it. You my friend are wrong.

iammongo
10-24-2013, 09:18 PM
You've never been to China I take it. You my friend are wrong.

I think he was talking about your small moving head comment....maybe he saw your junk before and was pretty impressed :shrug:

DJzrule
10-25-2013, 06:19 AM
I was hoping they would have been in today, but the shipper shows arrival time as being Monday, October 28. I will definitely post video and an honest opinion. Hoping I did not drop $2800 for nothing. Canadian dollar is down a bit, so I had to pay .06 cents on the dollar. Wish me luck :)

Jesus Christ you spent $2800 on something unknown? I would've bought a couple at a time...

rainmakerx97
10-29-2013, 10:41 PM
As promised, I unboxed two of the four lights that I purchased. I popped together a quick video with a bit of haze in my basement. I should get some live footage this week. Hope this is helpful: https://www.youtube.com/audio?video_referrer=watch&v=QPQ1_pirwzQ

DJzrule
10-29-2013, 11:00 PM
Fixed the link for you,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPQ1_pirwzQ

fatcatdj
10-29-2013, 11:09 PM
i think he was talking about your small moving head comment....maybe he saw your junk before and was pretty impressed :shrug:

lol :)

fatcatdj
10-29-2013, 11:09 PM
Fixed the link for you,

Nice lights!

rainmakerx97
10-29-2013, 11:39 PM
Fixed the link for you,

RGBlite
10-30-2013, 01:42 AM
Many thanks, Kevin, for taking the time to post your video, and the other one on Youtube! I'm looking forward to seeing your weekend show. Good luck!