PDA

View Full Version : Nice Satellite Records sale...

sobi
03-07-2012, 04:13 AM
The guys over at Satellite (http://www.satelliterecords.com/) have just updated their site with a new searching feature. Thats some good news. Some even better news for you guys who like WAV files... They now have them, and they are only $1.99. In addition, you get 25% so they are even lower for now. I'm not a big fan of WAV files, as 320's still work for me, but I know there's plenty of guys that love those things, so have at it.

I fully endorse that store too. Anyone who came up in early rave/club/dance culture in the 90's on the east coast knew about Satellites stores AND parties. The first iteration of it was on Bowery in SoHo. That was a meeting place for all party people in addition to being one of New York Cities staple record stores. Also in their early days, they threw some of the best parties in NY's history, like the Sputnik series. After a while the store needed to expand, so they moved a few blocks down to a space with what felt like double the square footage of the old spot (which I believe was kept as a storage venue for excess vinyl). At that point, they stopped doing parties and eventually the store closed. Now they are back (a couple of years now)... and still supporting the local dance scene too. Good people over there in my book.

Ryan Ruel
03-08-2012, 01:11 PM
Used to walk to Satellite in Boston to buy records! Booo, no longer any record shops.

Finnish_Fox
03-08-2012, 01:31 PM
The guys over at Satellite (http://www.satelliterecords.com/) have just updated their site with a new searching feature. Thats some good news. Some even better news for you guys who like WAV files... They now have them, and they are only $1.99. In addition, you get 25% so they are even lower for now. I'm not a big fan of WAV files, as 320's still work for me, but I know there's plenty of guys that love those things, so have at it.

I fully endorse that store too. Anyone who came up in early rave/club/dance culture in the 90's on the east coast knew about Satellites stores AND parties. The first iteration of it was on Bowery in SoHo. That was a meeting place for all party people in addition to being one of New York Cities staple record stores. Also in their early days, they threw some of the best parties in NY's history, like the Sputnik series. After a while the store needed to expand, so they moved a few blocks down to a space with what felt like double the square footage of the old spot (which I believe was kept as a storage venue for excess vinyl). At that point, they stopped doing parties and eventually the store closed. Now they are back (a couple of years now)... and still supporting the local dance scene too. Good people over there in my book.

I remember visiting the spot on Bowery...

mostapha
03-08-2012, 02:32 PM
I miss the Satellite in Little 5 Points.

Stripe
03-08-2012, 05:32 PM
I will agree, I do miss going to their store and hitting up Sonic Groove on the way back up.

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
03-08-2012, 06:46 PM
i used to hit the spot on bowery,every friday.when they got their weekly record shipment,for the week.I miss the staff that worked there.i miss buying records.:cry: