PDA

View Full Version : DnB Sixfour - Go With Me (Liquid DNB)

Sixfour
03-06-2012, 06:02 PM
http://soundcloud.com/sixfour/go-with-me
any feedback would be awesome :)

zaxl
03-07-2012, 06:39 PM
it's a good sounding track. it's got a nice contemplative, emotional kind of vibe. i dig it.

criticism: i say this to all the guys who make dnb- add some mid range harmonic content to your bass so that it can still be heard on small speakers. the bassline sounds good on headphones, but i can't hear it at all on my laptop speakers, and with pro tracks i usually can (songs that are very similar to this). people often argue that the rules for mixing dnb are different and it's meant for subs yadda yadda yadda but most liquid tracks that i have feature a bassline that is audible even on laptop speakers. if you add a square or saw wave to your bass and filter off most of the top end, you'll get more volume and punch, and can ultimately turn the bass down a few notches, which will let your other sounds be louder. another bonus is that you'll be able to modulate the bass with an lfo if you want, and get some morphing sounds.

i would like to have heard more fills and changes as well. it gets pretty repetitive after awhile.

overall the sound of the track is nice, you're doing a good job layering sounds and i think it conveys a lot of feeling, which is prob the hardest thing to do with EDM.

Sixfour
03-09-2012, 04:47 PM
thanks so much for the reply! definitely agree with you on the sub bass part, I will get right on it :)

+Rep for your help!! thanks