PDA

View Full Version : I decided to post this here...

Adzm00
10-01-2013, 04:43 AM
Because I want feedback from you people, not the mongs of DJF...

Anyway, started making a track last night, messing about a bit, and came up with this:

http://soundcloud.com/adam-bloy/calling-the-operator

It is a work in progress, took me maybe 3 hours to put together, I am not particularly great at production, so it does take me a bit longer than others to get something together, and I acknowledge there is still work to be done on it. I plan on changing up the hats a bit to create some more variation and working on the building into and out of the breaks, some little FX bits too. Please feel free to take a listen and add some feedback for me.

Cheers :)

dj blaze
10-01-2013, 07:58 AM
how can i adjust the pitch range with out adjusting the bpm on the pioneer ddj sx

Adzm00
10-01-2013, 08:37 AM
how can i adjust the pitch range with out adjusting the bpm on the pioneer ddj sx

A - why have you posted that here?

B - If you are on 0% when you change the pitch range there should be no change in tempo. If not then you will have to move the pitch fader down slightly as you change the range, but there will still be some movement in the tempo.

JackStalk
10-01-2013, 01:25 PM
I enjoyed it, could definitely use some mastering and finishing touches though. I think it would sound great with a rising wash going into the breakdown at 2:00

Adzm00
10-01-2013, 01:38 PM
Cheers Jack. Yes that is an area of concern for me, it drops out too abruptly I think.

Adzm00
10-02-2013, 07:45 AM
Well I have made some alterations to this. Some I think for the worse, as the whitenoise I’ve put in seems to mask some of the other sounds which I want to be a bit more prominent, plus I am not particularly happy with the frequency it is sitting in. I’ve also made some bits come in less but sound pretty wide. More feedback appreciated.

FYI - I just keep up****** the sound file on SC.

Mahatma Coat
10-02-2013, 01:12 PM
I like it mate, reminds me of Gregor Treshor and Ovum type techno, which is your thing right?

Its not the really type of techno I would buy so its a bit hard to make a comment, but maybe if you could find some sort of way to make it progress or evolve more over the course of the track? Perhaps by tweeking the rhythm components or adjusting that 'see-sawing wave' sound? Listening to the track as a stand alone piece of music I started to get a bit weary of the elements you had used toward the end.

On the other hand I think it would sound good in the mix in the main room as a DJ tool as it stands, if you're happy with your music being used that way.

You've definitely got some skills going on though for sure!

oddnumber
10-02-2013, 01:21 PM
I liked the melody but shouldn't this be posted under the Track Submission :P

Adzm00
10-03-2013, 03:36 AM
Cheers guys.

Yeah M pretty much, really like their kind of stuff and just practicing with some basic synthesis at the moment as I am not too confident with it. Do just need to figure out some changes to different tracks that make it seem like it has a bit more movement, don't really want to add any extra tracks into it though, possibly just one or some small effects. I always find it difficult at this stage to fill the track a bit more without adding too much.

Lol odd :)