PDA

View Full Version : {begin transmission}

essei 7.0
03-06-2012, 10:22 AM
I do not know if I will ever be a D.J.

This is not a pity party. Just realism. I have let my turntables collect dust. I am trying to pick up djing, but am getting frustrated again. I live in an area where I have no peers. I don't know if I can teach myself. I have books and a video cassette, but just end up frustrated and can't get a feel for mixing two sounds. I will always love electronic music, however. I guess I am on the outside looking in. A fan who had dreams that may be unattainable. Two questions... is there hope for me? and... is there a place for me here even if I don't become a DJ? Like I said... I am still a fan.

I love artists like UNKLE, DJ Shadow, Massive Attack, Public Enemy, Saukrates, Gorillaz, Tricky and many others.

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
03-06-2012, 07:12 PM
let's start off by answering your questions;Yes, there is alway hope.and,Yes,all are welcomed,here at the DJ Forum.This place, is a wealth of information, for a beginner.Read the forum,Study the topics,and Practice,practice,practice.you can teach yourself.I did,and so have many other on this board.:school: let's stay Positive,and "Welcome to the DJ Forum." :D

essei 7.0
03-07-2012, 04:15 PM
Thanxxx for the words of advice. Where would you wreckamend starting? Is there a section to start at? Being that I like a certain genre... what artists should I look up? What I mean is... I'm looking for "darker" and "grittier" recordings. I'm gonna start a thread about this in "beginners" too. Again, than you for being helpful. :)

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
03-07-2012, 07:40 PM
There you go...."beginners" section.if you into hardware,the "Equipment" section.if you're into a certain genre(Tech house?,maybe).the "music"section..if you want to hear someone play live,check out "Faderwave".go play.:tup: