PDA

View Full Version : Commix - Dusted

howitzer
03-06-2012, 06:45 AM
Some of my all time fave tunes have been put out by these chaps. 'Be True' and 'Have You' are still on current rotation in my playlists and will be for a while to come. You cant beat the classics ;)

Imagine my excitement then when I heard they were putting out a new album!

Technically it isn't 'new' music. Its a collection of oldies that didnt see the light of day, until now.

http://soundcloud.com/commix/sets/commix-dusted-selected-works

Ive had this on repeat all day, its a 5 star album of epic proportions, I'd peg it next to BluMarTen - Natural History.
I don't care if its old, its fucking incredible!

Did you bag this release? What are your thoughs?

Doppelganger
03-06-2012, 05:22 PM
Emiiilllllllly, Emilllllllllllly. :love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW2QHPnIX3c

Blueprint
03-06-2012, 08:13 PM
yeah, both of those tunes are just works of art. beautiful stuff.

Carter
03-07-2012, 09:23 PM
Commix puts the vast majority of dnb artists out there completely to shame. One of the best to grace the genre for sure.

Blueprint
03-10-2012, 11:26 AM
fyi, Guy left Commix officially today, only George is Commix now. There wasn't any animosity towards each other, Guy just wanted to move on.

Carter
03-10-2012, 11:44 AM
Should be interesting... no idea how the creative flow worked between those two but they put out some amazing tunes.

phnetk
03-11-2012, 12:56 PM
Aiight, just finished giving it a proper listen through. Had it going as background music for the last week but wanted to give it a real listen before I posted any comments on it.

Was hoping to name a couple of tracks as favourites but the whole album is such top quality that few tracks really stand out. I did like Untitled (Sept 06) though. You guys have any that you dug every so slightly more?

8 pounds well spent.

Claude Perdu
03-13-2012, 03:44 AM
fyi, Guy left Commix officially today, only George is Commix now. There wasn't any animosity towards each other, Guy just wanted to move on.

Where'd you hear this? Can't seem to find any info online...

Edit: nevermind, found it.

howitzer
03-13-2012, 04:16 AM
Yeah, quite the loss.

They havent actually had anything new out for a little while though have they? There was the remix album of call to mind, did they even appear on that or was it remixes by everyone else?

Then theres dusted, which is all their old works.