PDA

View Full Version : Calling Out : Scratch Battle

DJArmani
09-19-2013, 09:17 PM
Wanna check out my progress so I'm putting my skills to use.

Rules:
2-3 min. (2 minute minimum, 3 min max)
Intermediate
Hiphop instrumental/break
Get creative.
3 ppl max.

Due date will be set with whoever wants to join in.

eric.brian
09-21-2013, 01:24 AM
I'm down. I got something to upload.

DJArmani
09-21-2013, 06:12 PM
Alright cool, anyone else ?

eric.brian
09-24-2013, 01:02 AM
If you want, you can PM members from this thread. They seemed interested at the time.

http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?27723-Calling-Out-Intermediate-Scratch-Battle

jz416
10-06-2013, 08:10 AM
Im interested but im more of a beginner at scratching (I really suck)

eric.brian
10-06-2013, 03:57 PM
Im interested but im more of a beginner at scratching (I really suck)

I think we're all just checking our progress. There would be three of us. I'm ready to upload.

jz416
10-07-2013, 06:39 PM
I think we're all just checking our progress. There would be three of us. I'm ready to upload.
Im certainly not ready to upload. I would need till at least friday.

Is juggling and other turntablism acceptable as well.
Also, note that i use cjds, but i could refrain from using the cue button for the battle

DJArmani
10-07-2013, 07:31 PM
Im certainly not ready to upload. I would need till at least friday.

Is juggling and other turntablism acceptable as well.
Also, note that i use cjds, but i could refrain from using the cue button for the battle

No problem also not ready, haven't forgot Bout this, nothings been clicking when it comes to scratching.

JonAvalon
10-08-2013, 07:31 AM
eric brian is confirmed

akswun
10-09-2013, 05:52 PM
I know you guys wanna put stuff out to see where you guys are at. But instead of a battle, how about starting a thread in the hiphop section where we just submit 1-2min scratch videos and critique ourselves. I've seen similar threads on DJTT and the like. I was actually going to start doing some quick clips on Instagram.

eric.brian
10-09-2013, 08:49 PM
I know you guys wanna put stuff out to see where you guys are at. But instead of a battle, how about starting a thread in the hiphop section where we just submit 1-2min scratch videos and critique ourselves. I've seen similar threads on DJTT and the like. I was actually going to start doing some quick clips on Instagram.

What is the correct way to video record scratch/mix sessions with quality audio? Sound quality on phones aren't very good.

jz416
10-10-2013, 07:27 AM
is it alright if i submit something tommorow at like 8pm?

If not i dont mind just posting in the hip hop section or something as im not concerned about winning the battle, that cus that aint gonna happen.

akswun
10-10-2013, 08:25 AM
What is the correct way to video record scratch/mix sessions with quality audio? Sound quality on phones aren't very good.

Lol... I hear you. You could go through the trouble of recording video from a camera/phone, record the audio to your computer. Then sync the video with the music in a program and do it like that. Or just rely on your phones video and sound all together. It may not be amazing sound quality but I'm sure we'll get the point being its only a 1-2min video. Theres probably an app for it or a way to use your phone as both a video and audio recording all in one.

jz416
10-10-2013, 10:49 AM
Lol... I hear you. You could go through the trouble of recording video from a camera/phone, record the audio to your computer. Then sync the video with the music in a program and do it like that. Or just rely on your phones video and sound all together. It may not be amazing sound quality but I'm sure we'll get the point being its only a 1-2min video. Theres probably an app for it or a way to use your phone as both a video and audio recording all in one.

Some more expensive cameras have xlr inputs. They are pretty expensive though.
Definetely not worth buying purely for that purpose.

DJArmani
10-11-2013, 02:29 PM
Finally got something down. Submitting in a few, think you guys can submit by tonight?

Rek_Aviles
10-11-2013, 07:01 PM
Send me the link to your file and I'll post this tonight. I already have the file for Eric.brian.

JonAvalon
10-11-2013, 07:43 PM
Armani is confirmed

Rek_Aviles
10-11-2013, 08:13 PM
Is JZ416 in this one?

Rek_Aviles
10-12-2013, 12:38 AM
Battle is up: http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?32321-Eric-brian-vs-DJArmani-scratch-battle

@jz416, call out the winner. :tup: