PDA

View Full Version : New Logo and Website Design - Requesting Feedback

Rhino
09-19-2013, 02:18 PM
After being absent from this site for a while, I've recently made a change and I'm trying to refocus on my DJ business. I've redesigned a logo and layout for my website and wanted some feedback.

As a note, I know my pictures need some work. I don't have any high end photos of gigs I've done and I'm not really into stealing pictures off the web to market as my own.

Any constructive feedback is appreciated.

The website is http://www.512ent.com

Thanks in advance!

Sigma
09-19-2013, 02:32 PM
I like the clean, sort of "black and white" look with the header image.

The one thing I don't like is the choice of fonts and the use of bold text in places. That's easily fixed though.

The logo is OK, but it's perhaps a bit small and "thin". I'm looking at the site on a 2,560 x 1,440 screen and it's not very distinct.

What I would do is this: -

1. Sort the fonts out (including the main menu font).
2. Make the logo a bit more distinct and have it centrally aligned in the middle of the header image.
3. I would move the Facebook and Twitter icons to the top right of the header image, as they would look better there and they would appear on every page.
4. I would use a better gallery plugin on the front page. I would use one of those ones where you see a single image, then after a few seconds it automatically scrolls to the next one, but you still have the forward/back controls.
5. Your FAQ and Blog links don't lead anywhere, so fix those (I'm sure you know that though).

I think you have the makings of a good looking site there and it only needs minor tweaks to polish it up.

allensmusic
09-19-2013, 02:39 PM
the FAQ and Blog links bring me to a 404 error page.
when I went to "about us" at first glance the top line read as "512 Entertainment is another run of the mill DJ service."
I dislike using negatives in advertisements in general, and I had to slow down realize it should have read "isn't"
otherwise, i suck at web design so I am not a good judge. I did like the site overall.

Rhino
09-19-2013, 02:49 PM
First off, thank you!

I didn't think about the negative connotation and that makes perfect sense as well.

The FAQ used to be there, but the Blog page is new so that is a little surprising. It probably happened last night when I was changing page titles/tags/metadata to try and help SEO.

So...Dead links, fonts, social media buttons and negative connotation will be focuses of the night.

Thanks and keep it coming!

borrow
09-26-2013, 07:24 PM
If im completely honnist i don't like it... I'm sorry. It has that 2000 feel. This if from my designer point of view:

1. Please pick one font! Its a mixmash of a few fonts pick one or 2 (If two make sure they are from the same family.
2. Instade of the WAYYY to big header (Google "fold in webpage" you will onderstand why i say it) Put a automatic photo slider there.
3. Make the Nav. a solo part of your webpage make it pop out a little more Bigger Font & bold.
4. Don't put a shadow around your wrapper, instade make the wrapper really light grey.

Sorry for being harsh but its my "profecionalish" opinion, as a wedding dj you don't need something really fancy but it needs a more professional feel.

I would recommend maybe hiring some one, if you know someone who would do it cheap for you. Because websites can easly cost 500$.
Maybe get some one to copy this: http://www.whitelabelweddingdjs.com/ or find a theme like this http://themeforest.net/

Rhino
10-21-2013, 09:31 AM
I appreciate the advice borrow. I've looked at other site designing tools because I think the one I'm using isn't really the most user friendly for the average person.

My wife heard a radio commercial for squarespace and the initial impression I get from them seems MUCH better than what I've dealt with at godaddy.

I'm kicking around ideas still and will be making more mass improvements over the next few months.