PDA

View Full Version : Electro Unsure of genre first mix out of comfort zone!

DJTriggz
09-16-2013, 05:00 PM
I usually play afrobeats music but decieded to try something with

some sort of house electronic chillout kinda of music

please give honest feedback

https://soundcloud.com/djtriggz/mix2

no such thing as failure only feedback so be harsh as you want!

thanks

DJTriggz
09-18-2013, 02:08 AM
bump?

DJTriggz
09-21-2013, 10:32 AM
Needs attention

DJ Difficult
09-21-2013, 11:02 AM
You too will have attention but not until monday :lol:

TIMMBO
09-22-2013, 01:47 AM
The music - is rather chilled out, almost the type of choons you would play after the sunset has happened and the party needs lifting a little! ( but not too much!) The few tracks played ( track list and mix would be great) all seemed to be remixed poppy songs but worked rather nicely.

Not something I would listen to all the time but certainly easy on the ear and ideal for the scenario mentioned above.

Your mixing seemed nice and smooth and timing was good. I'm sure those that have been djing longer could get more critical. I would certainly listen to a longer mix and For someone like me that really can't sleep without my headphones in and music on could be a great little set to have on my playlist.

So all in all I enjoyed it even though the music isn't something I would have personally chosen myself but to be honest you got me thinking now about going for something like this to add to my collection for when I entertain at my house in summer (bbqs and things!)

So if anyone knows the genre please state it on here and also as mentioned track list would be great.

X

Skasja
09-22-2013, 07:07 AM
I was digging the soulful feeling of your mix, even though I had already noticed a transition before the 6m mark - up until the JT song. I think it is too sharp of a change, which then happens again when you bring in "Say my name", where you kinda return to the original mood of your mix. Maybe just lose Timberlake all together?

Now that I've listened to your full mix, I'm going back to the beginning and figure out what I had noticed initially: at 4:15 you come in with the next song in the middle of a phrase, and the "Baby you just don't get it" vocal comes in 8 beats too early.

If you feel like it, please feel free to dissect my Therapeutic Vibes (http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?31194) mix.