PDA

View Full Version : Xone 4D

alen_p
03-05-2012, 06:11 PM
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone is familiar with xone 3D and 4D update cycle, and should we expect the 5D or something similar soon?

Thanks

alen_p

Andrew B
03-05-2012, 08:34 PM
I think they're done with it, especially now that the DB4 and DB2 are out.

alen_p
03-05-2012, 10:14 PM
Hmmm, well essentially all I want is to use 4 decks on my traktor software...now i have 2 CD decks and 2 TTs, however I would like to replace those 2 TTs with a controller so Xone 4D made sense since it has a MIDI controller already attached on each side...now If I go with DB2 or DB4 I will have to combine them with 2 1Ds or 2 2Ds, but then that would get too expensive...I'm sure I could find a cheaper option, but I'm just a sucker for the Xone sound and their filters, to my ear nothing compares to it

DJNR
03-05-2012, 10:24 PM
Hmmm, well essentially all I want is to use 4 decks on my traktor software...now i have 2 CD decks and 2 TTs, however I would like to replace those 2 TTs with a controller so Xone 4D made sense since it has a MIDI controller already attached on each side...now If I go with DB2 or DB4 I will have to combine them with 2 1Ds or 2 2Ds, but then that would get too expensive...I'm sure I could find a cheaper option, but I'm just a sucker for the Xone sound and their filters, to my ear nothing compares to it

You could use an S4? The S4 allows for two inputs, so you could use that and your two decks. It has big filter knobs, and you can set the filter sound to the Xone filter.

alen_p
03-05-2012, 10:50 PM
Very true, but I'm old school when it comes to the mixer...and most of the DJs in my crew are not into digital DJing, so we all prefer on board effects/filters...that is why Xone line makes most sense for me, I guess..now I'm rocking Ecler Nuo 5 and Denon DNS 3700s because of its vinyl emulation and feel....but lately my Denons and my mixer are giving me headache with maintenance so I'm looking to upgrade by the end of the year...that is why I went with traktor audio 10 interface and scratch pro software, now all I need a nice mixer/MIDI controller.....in essence I'm good for now with my setup for now, but it will be hard to master Traktor without a certified mixer/controller...

Down the line I will probably upgrade to Pioneer CDJs but that's another story...

DJNR
03-05-2012, 11:09 PM
Very true, but I'm old school when it comes to the mixer...and most of the DJs in my crew are not into digital DJing, so we all prefer on board effects/filters...that is why Xone line makes most sense for me, I guess..now I'm rocking Ecler Nuo 5 and Denon DNS 3700s because of its vinyl emulation and feel....but lately my Denons and my mixer are giving me headache with maintenance so I'm looking to upgrade by the end of the year...that is why I went with traktor audio 10 interface and scratch pro software, now all I need a nice mixer/MIDI controller.....in essence I'm good for now with my setup for now, but it will be hard to master Traktor without a certified mixer/controller...

Down the line I will probably upgrade to Pioneer CDJs but that's another story...

I don't really know any other controller + mixers there are, so you may be stuck with buying something like a 1D. There are plenty of certified mixers out there so I'm sure you can find one. I just upgraded to a DJM 900 from the Korg Zero 4 I'm selling in the classfields; both are awesome mixers that are Traktor certified.

alen_p
03-06-2012, 11:46 AM
Thanks...I think for now I will go with Akai APC40 controller, since I need it to control Ableton anyway, plus it's very inexpensive...In that case I will have to keep all my decks to better control the tracks which is fine for now....that setup will give me all I need to master Traktor, and hopefully start producing soon....

Cryder
03-06-2012, 03:32 PM
I think they're done with it, especially now that the DB4 and DB2 are out.

A real shame, I'd be much more interested in an updated version of that than their latest mixers.

alen_p
03-07-2012, 12:02 PM
A real shame, I'd be much more interested in an updated version of that than their latest mixers.

Hmmm, well your have 1D and 2D as an option for the addition to your favorite mixer, however it can get pricey if you get couple of 1D's and a decent mixer from A&H....I'm keeping my mixer for now, it still does the job...plus with APC40 my tool set will be complete....but I do agree about Xone 4D, I would really hate to see they have discontinued that line of products...

tubby
03-08-2012, 05:56 PM
the 4D i think was mainly a response to the 3D being such a promising concept, let down by a couple of pretty bad flaws and not so much a regular upgrade cycle. but now you could take your pick of a lot more certified mixers and add whatever controllers you want. when the 4d came out you only had a choice of the ecler evo, korg zero and mackie mixers as ceritified, and the X1 controllers weren't about. that said I still love my 4d, great mix of controller and great sounding mixer