PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer users - Can you explain this trick to me?

DJNR
03-05-2012, 05:00 PM
In the new video for the upcoming DJM-850, DJ Lucien Foort does this trick around the :35 second mark where whenever he does a movement with the noise color effect, it immediately registers and repeats itself. Can someone explain to me how that is done? I am relatively new with Pioneer gear and I just got a 900 and would like to know how to do that trick if possible.

Synergy
03-05-2012, 06:00 PM
idk. imo effects can really mess up a track, can't the track speak for itself?

DJNR
03-05-2012, 08:58 PM

I guess its a matter of taste. I still want to know how to do it. :D

Rothgery
03-05-2012, 09:03 PM

Not trying to be a dick, but he wasnt asking your opinion on how to mix, he was asking specifically on how to do something. If you are going to try to look down your nose at someone, and try to correct their style - you can take that somewhere else. Or you can stick around and try to offer up some advice to his question.

For OP - Ill check out the vid once I get home, and see if I can shed any light. :tup:

Buszaj
03-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Looks like while the track is in a natural build up, he's applying the colour FX filter on the individual channel. At the same time, I think he's throwing on an echo effect. At first I thought it may have been the roll effect, but doesn't sound like it.

DJNR
03-05-2012, 09:40 PM
Not trying to be a dick, but he wasnt asking your opinion on how to mix, he was asking specifically on how to do something. If you are going to try to look down your nose at someone, and try to correct their style - you can take that somewhere else. Or you can stick around and try to offer up some advice to his question.

For OP - Ill check out the vid once I get home, and see if I can shed any light. :tup:

Thanks bud! It seems like a really cool trick. I know he's using a color effect and a beat effect of some sort, but I don't know which beat effect it is.

DJNR
03-06-2012, 11:21 PM
Anyone?

JonAvalon
03-07-2012, 07:38 AM
Seems like he is using the Color FX Filter and the Up Echo

DJNR
03-07-2012, 01:35 PM
Thanks! I'll try it out when I get home.

Karl Dali
03-27-2012, 04:31 AM
I haven't seen the vid, but it sounds like he might be using the delay or echo effect mixed with the colour, i do this alot but i use the filter instead, personally i only add colour to breakdowns, and its hardly noticable. Set the delay to 2/4 and you can play with the rythme of the track add a filter to this and you can use it every where as well.

enjoy