PDA

View Full Version : DJF 2013 Trance Tournament Thread: Rules & Entry

Pages : [1] 2

JackStalk
09-09-2013, 01:18 PM
Thanks to ChrisHynds for hosting last year, and Ohmega for the rules list!

2013 DJForums Trance Tournament Rules

Before you post in this thread please make sure you read through ALL the rules!!! Also try to keep non Tournament discussion out of this thread use the previous threads or create a new one.

Entry
There will be 16 contestants. No ranking will be done on post counts or membership duration. This makes everyone equal…

Rounds
Scenario A - 16 contestants
Round One (16), Round Two (8), Semi Finals (4), Final (2)

Deadlines
Anyone who misses a deadline this year will be immediately eliminated. No excuses will be tolerated. If you missed your gig, you are fired!!! In the case of a first round contestant being eliminated for this reason, a runner up from the preliminary round may replace him/her. You'll have more than enough time to submit your mix, no need to wait until the last possible hour to get it in.

Mixes
Mixes will not be restricted in track number. Instead they will be restricted by time. The final track of each mix must (<- I cannot stress this enough) have started by the end minute mark listed below. If any mixes do not conform to this the id10t will be immediately eliminated.

Last track mix in time(s):
• Round One: 30 minute mark
• Round Two: 30 minute mark
• Semi Final: 45 minute mark
• Final: 60 minute mark

If I (DJForums Official Admin.) do not hear a notable new sound coming into the mix right before the end minute mark but I do hear one after... you're out. Don’t press your luck with this one!!!

Required Track: Avicii - Levels (Just kidding, no required track.)

Genre
Due to the varying nature of Trance, it is difficult to have an even playing field for contestants if mixes vary greatly in style. Therefore, it is recommended that contestants use Mainstream Trance (Progressive, Vocal, Tech, Acid, Melodic, Epic) – however if you want to play harder GOA/Psy.-Trance you are more than welcome to, just be aware that those who vote might not identify with your sub-genre. Contestants are welcome to be creative.

The battles are to be decided on skills and programming, not specific genre tastes. Contestants are urged to vote all other battes aside from their own battle. It's good to be picky, this is a competition and you ideally want to have a perfect mix.

Posting Your Mix:
Upload to any hosting site you prefer (dropbox would be preferred, but zippyshare, adrive etc are acceptable as long as you can link it)

File naming requirements:

1 vs 1
"DJF Trance Tournament 2013 yourusername-vs-opponent.mp3"

Make sure to also include the link to this thread when you PM me or Rek Aviles the file download.

Battles
Battles will be posted in batches of two after the deadline for submissions has been met in order to ease work off the DJForums moderators and to not overwhelm voters with massive amounts of playtime.

Below is a breakdown of the length of the mixes.

Scenario A - 16 contestants
Round One (30 min)
Round Two (30 min)
Semi Finals (45 min)
Final (60 min)

Voting
The battles will be posted as Username versus Username. Anyone still active in the championships will be REQUIRED to vote in ALL battles. Don’t expect any sympathy on this one, if I listen to your battle and vote you listen to my battle and vote = respect. Failing to do so will result in automatic disqualification. Eliminated contestants should show good sportsmanship and continue to listen to battles and vote. If there is a tiebreaker, I (DJForums Admin) will then vote.

Note:Ghost votes do not count in the final score. In order for a vote to count, there must be a comment made by the voter and he/she must have over 50 confirmed posts on DJForums.com.

As a final note to you all,
Do not enter this competition because you feel like it or you haven't spun trance in 5 years and want to give it another try. This is for those who have a passion for it because it will take a lot of work to get to the top. But remember, most of all to have fun.

The main point of this tournament is to increase your skill and get good feedback in a competitive environment. Post an "I'm In" to request acceptance. You will then receive a confirmation to let you know that your entry has been accepted.

The first 16 confirmed contestants to enter will be allowed entry into the tournament. Sedna is automatically in if he wants to compete since he won last year. Good luck to everyone!

Contestants:
1. JackStalk
2. M!TCH
3. ChrisHynds
4. Complex.ity
5. Delta V
6. Budzak
7. kyle133
8. Ignotus.
9. Sedna
10. mr_ragz
11. Vernski
12. Era 7
13. tekno_violet
14. DJ Difficult
15. Achmiel
16. DJ-Veaux
17. Runner-Up: deathsupport

Red denotes eliminated contestants.

Round One:
Jack Stalk vs Ignotus
DJ Veaux vs Complex.ity
Chris Hynds vs Budzak
Era 7 vs M!TCH
DJ Difficult vs Delta V
tekno_violet vs Mr Ragz
Achmiel vs Vernski
Sedna vs Kyle133
Sedna vs deathsupport

You have until midnight on Monday, October 7 2013 to submit your mixes. Not a minute later, it MUST be in by that time or you WILL be eliminated from the tournament. You've got almost two weeks to put together 30 minutes. Good luck everyone!

Mixes for round 1 are up, voting will be 10 days long:

http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?32192-DJF-Trance-Tourney-2013-JackStalk-vs-Ignotus
http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?32191-DJF-Trance-Tourney-2013-Era7-vs-M!TCH
http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?32233-DJF-Trance-Tourney-2013-Delta-V-vs-DJ-Difficult
http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?32234-DJF-Trance-Tourney-2013-ChrisHynds-vs-Budzak

Round 2 matchups are below! Your mix must be submitted no later than November 4, 2013 at 12:01AM Eastern Standard Time. That means you have until Sunday night to get everything together and PM the link to Rek or myself. Don't wait til the last minute guys, you have plenty of time to do this. Good luck!

Round 2:
Sedna (bye)
Delta V vs Vernski
M!TCH vs tekno_violet
ChrisHynds vs Ignotus

Semifinal round consists of four contestants, each producing a 45 minute mix. The DJ with the most votes in either battle will make the finals! You have until Saturday December 7 2013 at 12:00AM EST to submit your mix

Round 3 Semifinal:
Ignotus vs Vernski
M!tch vs Sedna

FINAL ROUND 3-Way Battle:

Vernski vs M!tch vs Sedna

http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?34732-DJF-Trance-Tourney-2013-Vernski-vs-M!TCH-vs-Sedna

Like all battles in the battle forum, your mix must be converted to 192KBPS or it will be disqualified from judging.

ChrisHynds
09-09-2013, 11:24 PM
Im in

M!TCH
09-10-2013, 09:36 AM
Yup .

JackStalk
09-10-2013, 11:37 AM
Confirmed! Let's do this!

Fultron
09-10-2013, 02:29 PM
16 people battling trance just from DJF? This might take a while...

M!TCH
09-10-2013, 02:46 PM
^^ I'm guessing it will be a limited (IIRC, a number of people who signed up for the first round didn't actually submit mixes) amount of people like last year. Not to mention, only the real tranceheads tend to hop into this so most people are on top of their shit.

Complex.ity
09-10-2013, 04:16 PM
I'm in.

Delta V
09-10-2013, 09:47 PM
I miss the required track thing, made it kinda challenging rather than just throwing some tunes together. Don't follow the modern sound much but I'm in.

Budzak
09-10-2013, 10:05 PM
Count me in.

Rek_Aviles
09-10-2013, 10:22 PM
who won last yr? Can't remember - no offense.

Was either Sedna or Jackstalk.

ChrisHynds
09-11-2013, 07:19 AM
who won last yr? Can't remember - no offense.

Was either Sedna or Jackstalk.

Sedna won it last year Rek,

JackStalk
09-11-2013, 11:29 AM
Confirmed everyone who said they're in. Sedna won last year but he's got a lot going on this season so I'm hosting it in his stead.

kyle133
09-11-2013, 01:07 PM
I would like to try my hand this year since I have much more experience. Count me in :D Just hope I don't draw Hynds first round :p

Ignotus
09-11-2013, 01:08 PM
well, i guess ill go in this year :p

Budzak
09-11-2013, 03:28 PM
well, i guess ill go in this year :p

YES! :music:

Sedna
09-11-2013, 05:17 PM
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

yeah I'm in

JackStalk
09-11-2013, 06:43 PM
Everyone confirmed, 7 entries remain before we can fire it up!

JackStalk
09-13-2013, 12:28 PM
Bump for more entries, otherwise we'll have to start by the end of September to stay on target.

Delta V
09-13-2013, 02:29 PM
Make a thread in general, and use it to advertise entries and votes later on.

ChrisHynds
09-15-2013, 03:42 AM
Make a thread in general, and use it to advertise entries and votes later on.

Done :)

mr_ragz
09-15-2013, 01:42 PM
I'm in

JackStalk
09-15-2013, 09:51 PM
confirmed :)

Vernski
09-16-2013, 04:43 AM
Work and life in general makes it a challenge to commit to such an occasion. If you guys do however need someone to bulk out the tournament and having trouble finding someone, I'll put my hat in the ring. :uhoh:

JackStalk
09-18-2013, 10:41 AM
Does that mean you're in?

Achmiel
09-18-2013, 03:51 PM
I don't understand the last track/time stipulation. Can somebody explain?

From what I'm getting, the last track has to be mixed in or around the 30/45/60 minute mark depending on the round?

Ellissentials
09-18-2013, 04:02 PM
I want to enter, but I can't come up with a mixset a "fair" way.. so I am not eligible.

I sold my hardware last year, and haven't had money to replace it. So if I did a set, it would be an Ableton Live set, with lots of fun stuff done to it and plenty of room for creation, so I'll have to step down this year. I was in the finals last year, and wasn't able to produce a mix by my due date and got replaced. Sedna, you know it would have been interesting ;) :tup:

If you want an Ableton Set creator in the tournament, I'll enter.. but it's just not fair. Cheers all.

(alternatively, one of you could purchase a new MIDI controller for me :D )

JackStalk
09-18-2013, 04:16 PM
I don't understand the last track/time stipulation. Can somebody explain?

From what I'm getting, the last track has to be mixed in or around the 30/45/60 minute mark depending on the round?

The last track has to be mixed in by the end point, meaning your mix can be more than 30 minutes as long as the final track was in the mix before 30:00. I usually have my final track mixed in around 5-7 minutes before the end, no need to squeeze in a last track most of the time.

Vernski
09-18-2013, 04:51 PM
Does that mean you're in?

I want to do it, I work really weird hours and sometimes I crash out after some really long days. Ultimately I don't want to let anyone down by committing and then failing to contribute.

The answer is yes, if you guys are happy to have me. :)

Vernski
09-18-2013, 04:57 PM
I'm in

Era 7
09-18-2013, 05:08 PM
ah what the hell, i'm in.

Sedna
09-18-2013, 05:53 PM
vern and era make 12, just 4 more to go. hooray.

JackStalk
09-18-2013, 06:05 PM
I want to do it, I work really weird hours and sometimes I crash out after some really long days. Ultimately I don't want to let anyone down by committing and then failing to contribute.

The answer is yes, if you guys are happy to have me. :)

You should usually have a week or two to submit a 30-60 minute mix. It isn't too time consuming :) Era and Vern are confirmed!

ChrisHynds
09-18-2013, 09:24 PM
ah what the hell, i'm in.

I was waiting for you to join :tup:

Era 7
09-19-2013, 02:29 AM
I was waiting for you to join :tup:

i know :ninja:

Vernski
09-19-2013, 04:54 PM
vern and era make 12, just 4 more to go. hooray.

I'm very excited about mixing it up with all you trance weapons - very happy to be a part of it:tup::D:tup:

tekno_violet
09-20-2013, 04:31 PM
OK count me in guys.
I have got to get back into it. No better way than to enter this tournament right?

Right?

JackStalk
09-20-2013, 04:45 PM
Yeah!

DJ Difficult
09-21-2013, 03:49 PM
I'm thinking to participate but I don't know if I got skills to request spot on this. I'm still very new to this genre..Although I did get vote from Delta V on my trance battle while ago;). Should I enter this or not?

Vernski
09-21-2013, 06:27 PM
I'm thinking to participate but I don't know if I got skills to request spot on this. I'm still very new to this genre..Although I did get vote from Delta V on my trance battle while ago;). Should I enter this or not?

I wouldn't worry about that, I'm in the same boat as you - actually a similar boat with a few holes in it.:lol: I haven't ever battled anyone so you're doing better than me. I suspect as with any tournament it will be made up of some strong entrants along with some that are not so strong - I'm hoping for an upset here or there with some of us underdogs......

I think you should enter:)

ChrisHynds
09-21-2013, 10:48 PM

Do it :)

DJ Difficult
09-22-2013, 08:12 AM
Ouh what a heck, I'm in. Although I think I drop out of the game after first round :lol:

Achmiel
09-22-2013, 01:02 PM
Caveat: I'm a n00b. Have only been mixing for a few months. With that said, I'll try my hand at this.

Sign me up!

ChrisHynds
09-22-2013, 07:32 PM
Difficult & Achmiel confirmed, just waiting on JS to update the names, only 1 more spot to fill guys

Vernski
09-22-2013, 10:51 PM
Ouh what a heck, I'm in. Although I think I drop out of the game after first round :lol:

We can start a splinter tournament for the less gifted....:teef:

JackStalk
09-22-2013, 10:54 PM
One more spot open and we can fire this up. BangBang

DJ-Veaux
09-23-2013, 06:36 PM
Bring it on world, let's get this party started :devil:

ChrisHynds
09-24-2013, 12:59 AM
Bring it on world, let's get this party started :devil:

Nice 1 mang :)

JackStalk
09-24-2013, 10:23 AM
Confirmed, registration is now closed. I'll post the matchups as soon as I draw them. Since its the first week, I'm thinking October 7th as the due date for the first round to give everyone enough time to get a mix down.

JackStalk
09-24-2013, 12:30 PM
I did a random drawing to match everyone up. I will be PMing everyone their match-up so I can be certain everyone is on the same page.

DJ Difficult
09-24-2013, 01:42 PM
Like I suspected, I'm out after first round :lol:
Still, really waiting for this. Now i'm going to practice. .

JackStalk
09-24-2013, 02:06 PM
Like I suspected, I'm out after first round :lol:
Still, really waiting for this. Now i'm going to practice. .

Everyone always has a shot because it's a blind battle, so you dont know whose mix is whose. We had a few crazy upsets last year.

Achmiel
09-24-2013, 03:05 PM
What's the protocol on submitting the actual tracks (who to send it to/where to post it/naming convention/format/etc.)?

JackStalk
09-24-2013, 03:12 PM
It's the same as any other battle, crossposting the rules from the Battle Forum...

So we are looking to move away from using a dedicated file server. We actually did not renew the server this month so it will be expiring today at the latest. I backed up files from 2012-2013, so everything will not be lost. If you have a mix you want to save, go right ahead while there is still time.

Right now I've been scrambling to get alternatives ready. But for the time being. Upload your files to any file sharing service (zippyshare, dropbox etc) and PM me & Rek_Aviles the links. And we will upload them to our temporarily solution. If you have an active battle going on right now, you're welcome notify me about it so i can re-upload your files and fix the links.

Once we worked out more details we will soon try out a new way to host the battles. Such as getting away from anonymous battles and just allowing the user to host their files, which would also allow for more youtube/video battles and not rely on the mods worry about any issues with the uploader. Or we can do it similar to how i listed it above for the temp solution.

------------May Update----------------
Upload to any hosting site you prefer (dropbox would be preferred, but zippyshare, adrive etc are acceptable as long as you can link it)

File naming requirements

1 vs 1
"yourusername-vs-opponet.mp3"

Multi-user battle
"yourusername-battlename.mp3" or "yourusername-vs-name-vs-name.mp3"

Make sure to also include the link to the call out thread when you PM me or Rek Aviles the file download.

Era 7
09-24-2013, 04:42 PM
looks like it's going to be a busy weekend for me. let's get this party started :devil: good luck everyone.

JackStalk
09-24-2013, 05:47 PM
I'm digging deep into rekordbox for this one, good luck everybody!

tekno_violet
09-24-2013, 06:35 PM
Whats up mr_ragz?

I don't have any tape on you so your style is a question mark to me. Very troubling.

Remember you have till December to submit your mix so take your time bro. :)

ChrisHynds
09-24-2013, 07:50 PM
Let the fun and games begin :)

Vernski
09-24-2013, 10:47 PM
Time to throw down, good luck guys, happy mixing.........hopefully see a few upsets here and there...........:P

ChrisHynds
09-26-2013, 03:47 AM
Just a side note for anyone that may be new to the comp, if both Dj's have their mixes ready before the deadline, you can get your battle up and running straight away, this also helps ease having to cram in listening to all of the submissions at once.

I will have mine finished and uploaded this weekend, I haven't heard from Budzak but if you read this and get time to put something together this weekend we can get our battle going early, no stress tho if you need more time thats cool.

DJ Difficult
09-26-2013, 04:04 AM
I will record my mix this weekend so if you Delta are ready before deadline, let me know so we can start this. Got a wicked tracklist in my mind..

M!TCH
09-26-2013, 01:51 PM
Beatport knew I'd have to come up with something special to battle Era. Sent me a 25% off coupon yesterday :teef:

Can't wait to hear everyone's mixes. I'm hoping I hear everything from vocal to psy to tech. Get creative peeps.

Achmiel
09-26-2013, 02:58 PM
This contest is keeping me up at night :blank:

ChrisHynds
09-30-2013, 05:48 AM
Any progression with the sets????

DJ Difficult
09-30-2013, 08:06 AM
Done!

Achmiel
09-30-2013, 08:38 AM
I'll be doing mine this week. Had to test out recording on my mac this weekend while I was messing around/practicing to make sure I could.

JackStalk
09-30-2013, 10:49 AM
One week left to submit your mixes guys :)

M!TCH
09-30-2013, 12:17 PM
CPA exam on Saturday. Mine will be last minute on Saturday night :eek:

JackStalk
09-30-2013, 01:26 PM
Or you can just do it right now :)

ChrisHynds
09-30-2013, 04:04 PM
Cool, I have mine all mapped out just gotta record which I will get done mid week,

deathsupport
09-30-2013, 07:37 PM
Hmm, I guess it pays to browse the Trance forum every once in a while. Sad I missed out on this, but I'll be giving the mixes a listen!

ChrisHynds
09-30-2013, 08:47 PM
Hmm, I guess it pays to browse the Trance forum every once in a while. Sad I missed out on this, but I'll be giving the mixes a listen!

You should put a 30minute set together anyway and if someone pulls out or doesnt follow through with a mix for round 1 you can step in as a reserve,

Vernski
09-30-2013, 10:37 PM
:eek::eek::cry::cry::uhoh::cry::cry::eek::eek:

Very busy week, getting stressed :lol:

Delta V
09-30-2013, 11:24 PM
I'm not used to making a 30 min power set, I usually spin for 2-4 hours haha. Got a few tracks together though will record soon.

Sedna
10-01-2013, 12:06 AM
Beatport knew I'd have to come up with something special to battle Era. Sent me a 25% off coupon yesterday :teef:

Can't wait to hear everyone's mixes. I'm hoping I hear everything from vocal to psy to tech. Get creative peeps.

What the fuck, man, I spend hundreds on that piece of shit site and I never get coupons....

ChrisHynds
10-01-2013, 12:35 AM
I'm not used to making a 30 min power set, I usually spin for 2-4 hours haha. Got a few tracks together though will record soon.

I hate 30min sets

deathsupport
10-01-2013, 04:51 PM
You should put a 30minute set together anyway and if someone pulls out or doesnt follow through with a mix for round 1 you can step in as a reserve,
Someone please let me know if that happens!

Sedna
10-02-2013, 11:38 AM
MY TIPS FOR ALL THE NEW GUYS

1. Scour the depths of Beatport. Find unique tracks that really hit home with you. When you compose a mix of music that really sits with you, the product is an original sounding mix that really makes the listener feel you and your style.

2. Find your mixing points. Don't always mix the last 32 into the first 32 (sometimes, albeit rarely, this is the right thing to do... but not often). Find a place within both tracks that you can meld them together while gaining energy in the mix. This could take a while, but don't give up.

3. EQ heavy, FX light. I know a lot of newer DJs can get trigger happy on phasers and filters, but typically these FX just sound like shit in a trance mix. The track was designed with all of the FX it needs. Learn to baby those EQ knobs and you'll get a better sounding mix, by far.

I don't want to see any DJs getting smashed out of this thing 10-0 in the first round. Of course, you are your own DJ, so mix the way you want to mix; these are just a few pointers to get you started in the right direction.

Achmiel
10-02-2013, 01:13 PM
Can somebody remember to at least gimme one vote so I'm not the 0-10 guy? Thanks!

ChrisHynds
10-02-2013, 04:44 PM
Got my set finished :banana: anyone heard from Budzak? if you are around and have your mix ready mate we can get our battle underway?

JackStalk
10-02-2013, 04:58 PM
No exceptions if you miss the deadline! You've got more than four days from today to sit down and record 30 minutes!

Era 7
10-03-2013, 06:24 AM
did a take. did 40+ minutes. noticed round one is 30 :blank:

DJ Difficult
10-03-2013, 07:20 AM
Delta V, I'm ready so whenever you are let's fire this up!

Era 7
10-03-2013, 07:57 AM
done. waiting for you M!TCH.

JackStalk
10-03-2013, 10:36 AM
I finished mine last night, laid down a killer set! Can't wait til round1!

Ignotus
10-04-2013, 02:18 AM
dis-regard

Rek_Aviles
10-04-2013, 04:21 AM
To give Jon Avalon a break, PM me the link to your sets and i'll post them up on the battle board.

what's the due date for the first round? (i'm now just looking through this thread for the answer)

[EDIT] Oct 7th, got it.

Rek_Aviles
10-04-2013, 04:24 AM
------------May Update----------------

File naming requirements

1 vs 1
"yourusername-vs-opponet.mp3"

Multi-user battle
"yourusername-battlename.mp3" or "yourusername-vs-name-vs-name.mp3"

Make sure to also include the link to the call out thread when you PM me or Rek Aviles the file download.

Perfect! :tup:

Delta V
10-04-2013, 12:31 PM
DeltaV_vs_DJDifficult_TranceTourney.mp3 uploaded

Era 7
10-04-2013, 01:26 PM
PM sent :tup:

DJ Difficult
10-04-2013, 01:53 PM
Rek, http://cdn.theatlanticwire.com/img/upload/2012/06/27/youvegotmail/large.jpg

M!TCH
10-04-2013, 04:44 PM
Mine will be posted tomorrow, Era. I've got a CPA exam in the morning that I'm cramming for. Will record after that is over and I've had a few drinks :lush:

Ignotus
10-04-2013, 09:06 PM
messaged and posted, bring it on :)

ChrisHynds
10-04-2013, 11:34 PM
Uploaded my set - Budak has been pretty quiet, anyone heard from him?

Vernski
10-04-2013, 11:53 PM
All planned, just need to record the bastard :rolleyes:, such a busy week at work - sooooo tired :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

Delta V
10-05-2013, 04:08 AM
Uploaded my set - Budak has been pretty quiet, anyone heard from him?

Yeah I've talked to him about it on faderwave.

Vernski
10-05-2013, 11:27 PM
Mix submitted, looking forward to checking out all the competition out there.

JackStalk
10-05-2013, 11:50 PM
I'm submitted too. Less than two days to submit your mixes guys.

M!TCH
10-06-2013, 11:35 AM
PM sent

JackStalk
10-06-2013, 04:42 PM
I tagged everyone with an underscore who claims they have submitted already. Looks like we're still missing Complex.ity kyle133 Budzak Sedna mr_ragz tekno_violet Achmiel DJ-Veaux, you guys have a little over a day to get your mixes uploaded and PM'd to myself or Rek.

tekno_violet
10-06-2013, 09:48 PM
Mines uploaded.

Sedna
10-06-2013, 10:26 PM
uploaded dawg

ChrisHynds
10-06-2013, 11:12 PM
uploaded dawg

But we only needed music?

Rek_Aviles
10-07-2013, 03:07 AM
I'll get on this tomorrow. Last few days have been busy, sorry guys.

JackStalk
10-07-2013, 10:27 AM
Updated the list, havent heard from a few people. You've got until 12AM PST or 3AM EST to have your mix submitted. If it is not in by this time then you will be eliminated from the competition.

Budzak
10-07-2013, 02:33 PM
Ooh, good to hear, I was afraid I missed the deadline. Just got back from LA, gonna get it done tonight. Let's kick this pig!

Sedna
10-07-2013, 02:52 PM
Jack I'm still on the missing list, it's uploaded.

ChrisHynds
10-07-2013, 04:08 PM
Hows everyone going? Whens the deadline? Its Tuesday already here, I can never get my head around how far behind you guys are in terms of time compared to here.

JackStalk
10-07-2013, 06:18 PM
Jack I'm still on the missing list, it's uploaded.

You have an underscore next to your name, which means you uploaded brah

Hows everyone going? Whens the deadline? Its Tuesday already here, I can never get my head around how far behind you guys are in terms of time compared to here.

It is currently 7:19pm EST local time here. That gives people about 7 hours and 41 minutes from the time of this post.

JackStalk
10-08-2013, 12:05 AM
Two hours left to submit your mix. If it isn't uploaded and PM'd to Rek or myself by 3amEST you will be disqualified from the tournament.

Budzak
10-08-2013, 01:48 AM
Woo, trying to sneak in under the wire, uploading my mix now :uhoh:

EDIT: Well, that upload couldn't have gone any slower :blank:

tekno_violet
10-08-2013, 02:40 AM
Whats up mr_ragz?

I don't have any tape on you so your style is a question mark to me. Very troubling.

Remember you have till December to submit your mix so take your time bro. :)

I was just kidding mr_ragz geeeez.

JackStalk
10-08-2013, 10:13 AM
I've got a few people who didn't mention they uploaded a mix or uploaded late. Where are you guys?

Complex.ity
kyle133
mr_ragz
Achmiel
DJ-Veaux

Era 7
10-08-2013, 10:16 AM
I've got a few people who didn't mention they uploaded a mix or uploaded late. Where are you guys?

Complex.ity
kyle133
mr_ragz
Achmiel
DJ-Veaux

PMd them?

JackStalk
10-08-2013, 10:21 AM
If they didnt submit already, they'll have to look forward to next years tournament.

kyle133
10-08-2013, 12:32 PM
As I told Jackstalk already, ive had some medical issues with my mom and a bunch of gigs fly in at the last minute the past couple weeks. I really wanted to compete, but I haven't had the time to put together a mix, let alone one respectable enough for all you guys. I will be listening and voting though! Good luck everyone :)

Sedna
10-08-2013, 01:51 PM
I'd happily have my round 1 battle against one of the DJs who's opponent was also a no show. I hate advancing by default.

Era 7
10-08-2013, 02:38 PM
I'd happily have my round 1 battle against one of the DJs who's opponent was also a no show. I hate advancing by default.

there were some people who wanted to fill in. one of them might be up for it.

Rek_Aviles
10-08-2013, 03:36 PM
Missing files for the following:

Complex.ity
kyle133
mr_ragz
Achmiel
DJ-Veaux

Kyle is out but how about the others.

Posting some battles in the next few mins

tekno_violet
10-08-2013, 03:45 PM
No call plus no show equals they are out.

ChrisHynds
10-08-2013, 04:06 PM
Missing files for the following:

Complex.ity
kyle133
mr_ragz
Achmiel
DJ-Veaux

Kyle is out but how about the others.

Posting some battles in the next few mins

Wow thats a pretty shit effort tbh, I understand 1 or 2 people can have a genuine reason but 5?

Ignotus
10-08-2013, 04:37 PM
bummer ragz and veaux didnt post... guess im reppin seattle all by myself :p

Rek_Aviles
10-08-2013, 05:13 PM
How long should the battles last ?

Rek_Aviles
10-08-2013, 05:14 PM
Im thinking 10 days but its up to you guys.

Rek_Aviles
10-08-2013, 05:22 PM
10 it is. :shrug:

Rek_Aviles
10-08-2013, 05:24 PM
Delta V vs Dj Difficult (http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?32233-DJF-Trance-Tourney-2013-Delta-V-vs-DJ-Difficult)

Era7 -vs- M!TCH (http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?32191-DJF-Trance-Tourney-2013-Era7-vs-M!TCH)

JackStalk-vs-Ignotus (http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?32192-DJF-Trance-Tourney-2013-JackStalk-vs-Ignotus)

ChrisHynds-vs-Budzak (http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?32234-DJF-Trance-Tourney-2013-ChrisHynds-vs-Budzak)

If there's any issues with the thread or poll, send me a PM here or on Facebook (FB name is the same). :tup:

JackStalk
10-08-2013, 05:45 PM
10 days is fair! Sorry I was commuting home.

Updated the list. @Sedna since you won last year I'd be willing to give you a first round bye if you want to save your mix for round 2. Otherwise I can PM the member on here that showed up late and expressed interest but we'll be putting ourselves back two weeks in hopes he'll be able to get a mix submitted on time. I'm leaning toward giving you a bye after seeing what happened in round 1.

ChrisHynds
10-08-2013, 07:15 PM
10 days is fair! Sorry I was commuting home.

Updated the list. @Sedna since you won last year I'd be willing to give you a first round bye if you want to save your mix for round 2. Otherwise I can PM the member on here that showed up late and expressed interest but we'll be putting ourselves back two weeks in hopes he'll be able to get a mix submitted on time. I'm leaning toward giving you a bye after seeing what happened in round 1.

Jack if you scroll back a few pages (I dont have time atm) there was someone that wanted to join but we had no spaces left, I told him to prep a 30 minute set and if someone misses the deadline he can take their place.

It might have been Dj Difficult, I honestly can't remember, but if you look back and send him a PM, then Sedna can go up against him,

Vernski
10-08-2013, 10:09 PM
Hey people,
I'm one of the guys who's had a walk over in the first round. I entered the tournament to compare myself with you all and learn some things in the process. What do you guys think of providing my drop box link for you all to go over and critique the mix accordingly? I of course will be taking the time to check out all the mixes that have been submitted so far.

An after thought, as I mentioned above, however all the winner's by default could have their own battle for interests sake, not to be knocked out.....? But we all get a comparison/judgement on our mixes at hand.

Vernski
10-08-2013, 10:18 PM
Hey people,
I'm one of the guys who's had a walk over in the first round. I entered the tournament to compare myself with you all and learn some things in the process. What do you guys think of providing my drop box link for you all to go over and critique the mix accordingly? I of course will be taking the time to check out all the mixes that have been submitted so far.

An after thought, as I mentioned above, however all the winner's by default could have their own battle for interests sake, not to be knocked out.....? But we all get a comparison/judgement on our mixes at hand.

I thought of something else,
I believe there are 3 winners by DQ, is it worth doing a three way battle for interests sake or do you all prefer for us to save our mixes for the second round.:freak:(I feel like a split personality disorder sufferer right now):freak:..........By rights, I was always of the thinking that I would be making another mix for the second round anyway. As with everyone else, I don't think we plan to waltz through a round without using our mixes. Anyway's I have provided arguments for both sides of my own suggestion..........:freak::err:

ChrisHynds
10-09-2013, 12:45 AM
I think we should pair up 2 of the 3 Djs' that got a "walk through" and message the Dj that was sitting on standby for a dropout and pair him off with the remaining Dj that got a "walk through". Its down to Jack to make a decision at the en of the day, its his game this year :)

JackStalk
10-09-2013, 02:31 AM
I have tekno_violet rematching against vernski and sedna gets the bye because he won last year. That's fair in my book, tekno and vern can use their same submitted mixes in a new faceoff against each other if they would like. I really don't want to set the tournament back another week waiting for a new contestant to record a mix and then hope that he makes the deadline on time.

EDIT: The member who showed interest was deathsupport. I PM'd him, if he has a set ready to go I'll be happy to see him go up against Sedna, then tekno_violet and Vernski can battle each other and everyone is covered.

tekno_violet
10-09-2013, 03:00 AM
I thought I had won by disqualification :(

The only problem I have is that we are making up rules after the competition is started which effs things up.
My mix is aimed at mr_ragz using the original rules.

Vernski
10-09-2013, 03:40 AM

The only problem I have is that we are making up rules after the competition is started which effs things up.

I agree with Techno_violet, the draw should be played out as it was originally structured. I will of course go with whatever is decided, but I don't agree with tinkering with the draw midway through. We made the time to put our mixes together, our opponents did not - part of the tourney is making the time to complete the mix and I REALLY want to make it to the second round - even if it was a walkover :cry:

Deadlines
Anyone who misses a deadline this year will be immediately eliminated. No excuses will be tolerated. If you missed your gig, you are fired!!! In the case of a first round contestant being eliminated for this reason, a runner up from the preliminary round may replace him/her. You'll have more than enough time to submit your mix, no need to wait until the last possible hour to get it in.

Vernski
10-09-2013, 05:11 AM
On a different topic, would everyone like to share what kind of set up you are all using for the tournament....
I'm using my entry level WeGo...:teef:

ChrisHynds
10-09-2013, 07:07 AM
CDJ 900's and DJM 700 for me, might throw down some vinyl later in the comp, no promises tho :P

M!TCH
10-09-2013, 08:08 AM
CDJ 900's and DJM 850 for me, couldn't throw down some vinyl later in the comp even if I wanted to, no promises tho :P

See above.

Delta V
10-09-2013, 08:53 AM
1200s with Ortofons and an AEM100i or Rodec MX1400

JackStalk
10-09-2013, 10:23 AM

I agree with Techno_violet, the draw should be played out as it was originally structured. I will of course go with whatever is decided, but I don't agree with tinkering with the draw midway through. We made the time to put our mixes together, our opponents did not - part of the tourney is making the time to complete the mix and I REALLY want to make it to the second round - even if it was a walkover :cry:

I understand that. I just didnt expect so many people to bail so it seemed fair to pit you guys against each other. If you guys really don't want to battle in round 1 that's fine with me. You can both have a free pass, and I've got deathsupport submitting his mix tonight and he'll go against Sedna for round 1. Updated the original post.

Also, for this tournament, I'm using CDJ-2000s with USB/SD and a DJM-400 mixing on HDJ-2000s. I'm not using any software other than Audacity.

Sedna
10-09-2013, 11:46 AM
I'm using a crappy two deck Xponent with broken faders. I'll get something new one of these days, lol.

Budzak
10-09-2013, 11:56 AM
On a different topic, would everyone like to share what kind of set up you are all using for the tournament....

VCI-300mk2, VFX-1, using ITCH because so far I hate Serato DJ, recorded using a Tascam US-428 (Ugh, I need a new interface) and Audacity.

DJ Difficult
10-09-2013, 12:19 PM
Pioneer ddj-s1 with Serato Dj. My mix was first recorded set with my first controller.
I really like this cdj looking controller. Don't beat big wheel Pioneer cdj's but comes close. And it doesn't look like a spaceships cabin :lol:
Delta suggested vinyl only heat but i don't have enough this kind of music on wax so i have to do it digitally.

Rek_Aviles
10-09-2013, 05:55 PM
Delta V vs Dj Difficult is up.

http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?32233-DJF-Trance-Tourney-2013-Delta-V-vs-DJ-Difficult

ChrisHynds-vs-Budzak

http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?32234-DJF-Trance-Tourney-2013-ChrisHynds-vs-Budzak

Rek_Aviles
10-09-2013, 06:12 PM
Fellas,

Some files are being uploaded @192 and some are 320, which does make a difference in quality when listening on a good pair of headphones. There are no official rules that says your file has to be 192 but I think you should make that happen for round 2 - too late for this round unfortunately.

Rek_Aviles
10-09-2013, 06:20 PM
Also, do we have replacements for the ones who dropped out ?

JackStalk
10-09-2013, 06:22 PM
We have one replacement @deathsupport if he can get his mix up by 3amEST. I PMd him already. I was going to put him against Sedna, and give the other two guys a bye.

ChrisHynds
10-09-2013, 06:25 PM
Thanks Rek -

Guys make sure you all dish out some rep and thank Rek for his efforts

Rek_Aviles
10-09-2013, 06:26 PM
We have one replacement @deathsupport if he can get his mix up by 3amEST. I PMd him already. I was going to put him against Sedna, and give the other two guys a bye.

Good to know. This will keep things even for round 2. :tup:

Rek_Aviles
10-09-2013, 06:28 PM
Thanks Rek -

Guys make sure you all dish out some rep and thank Rek for his efforts

Thanks but I should've posted some of these last week. Not on my game this yr. :badpc:

Sedna
10-09-2013, 08:49 PM
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I thought the rules were always 192 kb/s for every battle hosted by DJF? I don't really care, but next round everyone should probably be doing 192.

Budzak
10-09-2013, 09:06 PM
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I thought the rules were always 192 kb/s for every battle hosted by DJF? I don't really care, but next round everyone should probably be doing 192.

I was unaware. I do 320 on all things by default. Will do 192 next time :)

ChrisHynds
10-09-2013, 09:19 PM
I was unaware. I do 320 on all things by default. Will do 192 next time :)

Im the same

Budzak
10-09-2013, 09:27 PM
Hah, wow, just kidding. Listening to Chris's mix now. I ain't got a snowball's chance in hell :lol:

M!TCH
10-09-2013, 09:40 PM

:stupid:

Vernski
10-10-2013, 12:57 AM
MY TIPS FOR ALL THE NEW GUYS

1. Scour the depths of Beatport. Find unique tracks that really hit home with you. When you compose a mix of music that really sits with you, the product is an original sounding mix that really makes the listener feel you and your style.

2. Find your mixing points. Don't always mix the last 32 into the first 32 (sometimes, albeit rarely, this is the right thing to do... but not often). Find a place within both tracks that you can meld them together while gaining energy in the mix. This could take a while, but don't give up.

3. EQ heavy, FX light. I know a lot of newer DJs can get trigger happy on phasers and filters, but typically these FX just sound like shit in a trance mix. The track was designed with all of the FX it needs. Learn to baby those EQ knobs and you'll get a better sounding mix, by far.

I don't want to see any DJs getting smashed out of this thing 10-0 in the first round. Of course, you are your own DJ, so mix the way you want to mix; these are just a few pointers to get you started in the right direction.

The Guru/Resident Champion imparting wisdom on the next generation......:worship:..........I like it..........:tup:

Seriously though, that is some really good advice. I'd like to think I do all those things, but there is also the issue of execution and practice.....

Thanks Sedna for sharing these helpful tips.

Vernski
10-10-2013, 01:09 AM

CDJ 900's and DJM 700 for me, might throw down some vinyl later in the comp, no promises tho :P

See above.

1200s with Ortofons and an AEM100i or Rodec MX1400

I'm using a crappy two deck Xponent with broken faders. I'll get something new one of these days, lol.

VCI-300mk2, VFX-1, using ITCH because so far I hate Serato DJ, recorded using a Tascam US-428 (Ugh, I need a new interface) and Audacity.

Pioneer ddj-s1 with Serato Dj. My mix was first recorded set with my first controller.
I really like this cdj looking controller. Don't beat big wheel Pioneer cdj's but comes close. And it doesn't look like a spaceships cabin :lol:
Delta suggested vinyl only heat but i don't have enough this kind of music on wax so i have to do it digitally.

So it would seem that I brought a knife to a Tank Fight:P.....

Oh Sedna, I'll lend you my WeGO unitl you sort your crappy mixer:lol: - just don't take the faders out of mine:teef:

ChrisHynds
10-10-2013, 01:40 AM
It's not what you use, it's how you use it ( that's what she said ) :p

DJ Difficult
10-10-2013, 03:11 AM
Just stab tanks leader with your knife :lol:
Most important tool of DJing is in between your ears.

Vernski
10-10-2013, 03:48 AM
:lol:
It's not what you use, it's how you use it ( that's what she said ) :p:lol:

Lord knows how long I've been telling myself that about all aspects of life:facepalm:

You guys are funny

JackStalk
10-10-2013, 12:49 PM
Don't forget, all active contestant are required to vote in all battles each round! If you fail to vote you'll be eliminated from competition. We had that happen last year.

deathsupport
10-10-2013, 02:58 PM
Don't forget, all active contestant are required to vote in all battles each round! If you fail to vote you'll be eliminated from competition. We had that happen last year.
Can the first page post be updated with all the mixes? I think they're currently all here http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?31090-DJF-2013-Trance-Tournament-Thread-Rules-amp-Entry&p=309611&viewfull=1#post309611 on a pretty random page...

Sedna
10-10-2013, 03:08 PM
When is the final day for voting? I've listened to one battle, gonna need to rage these over the weekend when I get some time.

Also, Chris's dick-size innuendo is spot on. It's all about the DJ, not the equipment.

JackStalk
10-10-2013, 04:01 PM
Can the first page post be updated with all the mixes? I think they're currently all here http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?31090-DJF-2013-Trance-Tournament-Thread-Rules-amp-Entry&p=309611&viewfull=1#post309611 on a pretty random page...

They are at the bottom of the first page post. I'm just waiting on one or two more mixes to be complete.

deathsupport
10-10-2013, 04:06 PM
They are at the bottom of the first page post. I'm just waiting on one or two more mixes to be complete.
Yes! Now that you updated the post they are all there! ty
Will listen to the ones I have left over the weekend.

ChrisHynds
10-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Ill get some time today and over the weekend to get listening to some of the battles

Vernski
10-11-2013, 07:35 AM
I understand that. I just didnt expect so many people to bail so it seemed fair to pit you guys against each other. If you guys really don't want to battle in round 1 that's fine with me. You can both have a free pass, and I've got deathsupport submitting his mix tonight and he'll go against Sedna for round 1. Updated the original post.

Also, for this tournament, I'm using CDJ-2000s with USB/SD and a DJM-400 mixing on HDJ-2000s. I'm not using any software other than Audacity.

Ok Cool,

I would like to revisit my first mix and work on a couple of things & ideas and submit a revised version for round two

When is round two mixes due?

JackStalk
10-11-2013, 08:16 AM
Ok Cool,

I would like to revisit my first mix and work on a couple of things & ideas and submit a revised version for round two

When is round two mixes due?

We're still in the voting for round 1, once all of the eliminations are final I'll post the second round matchups. Round 2 should carry into the first week of November.

Vernski
10-11-2013, 10:15 AM
Votes in on all four battles, some great work there guys.
Can't wait to find out who wins and what mixes are coming up in round 2.

DJ Difficult
10-11-2013, 10:28 AM
Same here. Seems like my battle against Delta V is tied 2-2 :eek:

Rek_Aviles
10-11-2013, 06:49 PM
I'll break any ties for any battle that ends in one. :tup:

Also, posting the last 2 battles right now. Held off on posting yesterday to give the latest ones some time to get noticed.

_________

DJF Trance Tourney 2013: Sedna-vs-Deathsupport

http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?32310-DJF-Trance-Tourney-2013-Sedna-vs-Deathsupport

EDIT:

I forgot the other 2 members get a pass this round, so all battles are up. :tup:

ChrisHynds
10-11-2013, 07:21 PM
I think its worth bringing up that voting should be heavily influenced by Technical Ability & Set Programming/flow not on which tracklist you like best.

Ive got some time this afternoon t get my voting in.

Vernski
10-11-2013, 11:11 PM
I think its worth bringing up that voting should be heavily influenced by Technical Ability & Set Programming/flow not on which tracklist you like best.

Ive got some time this afternoon t get my voting in.

I agree,

For example,Death Support commented

"Gonna give the nod to mix 2, because I think a little more practice with the EQ will yield some really good results for this DJ later on in the comp. The structure is there, it just needs some help on the execution. Also, assuming I have figured out who made which mix, I doubt the DJ behind mix 1 will mind my comments too much about such a short mix."

With that logic anyone's mix could be better than another's purely based on what if's and potential mixing skills

These mixes really need to judged on the execution technically and how it is programmed.

JackStalk
10-12-2013, 01:34 AM
These mixes really need to judged on the execution technically and how it is programmed.

And it's good to judge them hard. You're ultimately making the person a better DJ by being picky.

ChrisHynds
10-12-2013, 05:27 AM
Voted on Era-vs-M!TCH

Nice sets lads

Voted on Iggy-vs-JackStalk

again nice sets lads

Will get around to the remaining sets over the weekend

deathsupport
10-12-2013, 12:05 PM
With that logic anyone's mix could be better than another's purely based on what if's and potential mixing skills

I thought for a while about the decision I made on that mix and I'm still gonna stick with it... I don't think what you said was in any way personal but I would like to defend my choice and explain my reasoning.
I enjoyed the mix I chose quite a bit more. It had the "programming" as you mentioned, whereas the other one had the technique and better execution. I think the mistakes that were made could be easily fixed with a bit more practice - that DJ just needed a little bit of guidance. The other mix, which was basically flawless from a technical standpoint, would be almost impossible to improve upon unless the entire thing was restructured (as I said, it was a very solid 30mins that, to me, felt like it belonged at the beginning of a much longer set).
Seeing as how the remaining mixes are 30, 45, and 60mins, I think if that DJ hones his craft a bit more we'll see some banging sounds!

tekno_violet
10-12-2013, 04:26 PM
Yeah I have to actually enjoy listening to the mix to get my vote. Which ever DJ whose skills kill the track will lose points.

Love the different styles of Trance we are all into.

I'll get my last 2 votes in tomorrow.

Vernski
10-12-2013, 07:12 PM
I thought for a while about the decision I made on that mix and I'm still gonna stick with it... I don't think what you said was in any way personal but I would like to defend my choice and explain my reasoning.
I enjoyed the mix I chose quite a bit more. It had the "programming" as you mentioned, whereas the other one had the technique and better execution. I think the mistakes that were made could be easily fixed with a bit more practice - that DJ just needed a little bit of guidance. The other mix, which was basically flawless from a technical standpoint, would be almost impossible to improve upon unless the entire thing was restructured (as I said, it was a very solid 30mins that, to me, felt like it belonged at the beginning of a much longer set).
Seeing as how the remaining mixes are 30, 45, and 60mins, I think if that DJ hones his craft a bit more we'll see some banging sounds!

You're all good :) It wasn't personal, you thought about your vote and you made your choice. (I actually thought long and hard about posting my earlier comment) But I'm glad you saw it as nothing personal. :tup:

ChrisHynds
10-15-2013, 04:03 PM
Alright, I still gotta vote on 2 battle's, Ive listened to Mix 1 of Sedna-vs-Deathsupport, and I still need to listen to both sets of Delta V -vs- Difficult, its probably going to be Friday before I get enough free time to sit down and listen.

How are the rest of you guys coming on? I dont think M!TCH has mad a vote yet?

tekno_violet
10-15-2013, 04:18 PM
I got you vs Budzak and Sedna vs Deathsupport.

For those of you that are behind on voting, keep an eye out for when voting closes on some battles as you only have a few days left.
I got 5 days to get the above battles done.

ChrisHynds
10-17-2013, 07:22 AM
Ive only got 1 more battle to vote on, will get this done tomorrow.

M!TCH
10-17-2013, 08:13 AM
I'll knock out all my voting responsibilities tomorrow. Been out of town on work travel and go figure, no internet access available. :argh: Sorry about the delay, gents.

ChrisHynds
10-17-2013, 11:02 PM
Ive just had an idea, let me know your thoughts on it.

From the past few years Ive been doing this tourney Ive noticed that everyone hears things differently within the sets, and we don't always agree on the feedback that has been left.

So if anyone has a query on feedback that has been given, make sure you bring it up with the person that has left the feedback, ask them to explain why they left the comment etc this way you can get a better understanding and learn from it, rather than just sit there and think, "I dont agree with that". Speak up and discuss the feedback, this way you will learn a lot faster.

M!TCH
10-17-2013, 11:05 PM
Have Sedna's battle and Delta V left to get to tomorrow evening. Really been enjoying this so far people. Keep up the good work!

Vernski
10-18-2013, 12:36 AM
Good Idea, I was planning on doing this as the brash new comer....:slayer:Do you think it should be a PM thing that is more one on one? I can imagine trying to get to the bottom of some feedback while others may be interjecting, disagreeing or just putting their two cents worth in.

I do agree with your idea in principle:tup:

tekno_violet
10-18-2013, 08:04 PM
Last day to get some of these votes in homies.

ChrisHynds
10-19-2013, 02:53 AM
Last day to get some of these votes in homies.

I though we had until the 20th?

ChrisHynds
10-19-2013, 09:18 PM
I voted on Delta vs Difficult but it seems the poll has already closed? I read it yesterday as closing on the 20th?

tekno_violet
10-19-2013, 09:37 PM
Some close faster as they they were posted faster.

Chris your eliminated sir.

Ive won....right guys?

ChrisHynds
10-19-2013, 09:40 PM

Ive won....right guys?

:lol: wait :uhoh: :cry:

yea it was at the top of Delta and Difficults battle page that I read - Poll closes on the 20th? anyways I think I lose a point if I miss a vote deadline?

Vernski
10-19-2013, 09:43 PM

Ive won....right guys?

http://www.troll.me/images/brick-tamland/youre-joking-right.jpg

JackStalk
10-20-2013, 12:28 AM
:lol: wait :uhoh: :cry:

yea it was at the top of Delta and Difficults battle page that I read - Poll closes on the 20th? anyways I think I lose a point if I miss a vote deadline?

Yeah you do. :\

ChrisHynds
10-20-2013, 01:49 AM
Yeah you do. :\

all good I still go through anyways, sorry about the deadline, I genuinely read it as being the 20th so thought I still had one day to vote. No worries.

So Jack, you gotta pick Round 2 :)

M!TCH
10-20-2013, 10:03 AM
If that's the case then I am also out. The next round should either be posted at the same time or all end on the same date with people who get done earlier getting the opportunity to have more votes put in.

JackStalk
10-20-2013, 11:22 PM
I'll be sorting everything out tomorrow (12 hours from now) as far as winners and who got all their votes in on time. Voting is part of the competition, you have nearly as long to vote as you did to make your mix .

ChrisHynds
10-20-2013, 11:34 PM
I'll be sorting everything out tomorrow (12 hours from now) as far as winners and who got all their votes in on time. Voting is part of the competition, you have nearly as long to vote as you did to make your mix .

Cool, this should make things easier when you get time to do the draw etc,

Winners from Round 1 -

1 - Delta
2 - Sedna
3 - Iggy
4 - Chris H
5 - M!TCH
6 - Tekno Violet
7 - Vernski

Im gonna be "Captain Obvious" here but someone is going to have to get a free pass to the semi's, unless we can come up with a solution?

Rek_Aviles
10-21-2013, 12:09 AM
If that's the case then I am also out. The next round should either be posted at the same time or all end on the same date with people who get done earlier getting the opportunity to have more votes put in.

If you guys want, i'll post all on the same day. Let me know.

JackStalk
10-21-2013, 01:23 AM
We gotta figure out who got all of their votes in on time too. I may do a random draw for the bye unless everyone thinks reigning champion Sedna deserves a pass for round 2.

Vernski
10-21-2013, 01:49 AM
maybe the host get's a second life..., making it 8 - I'm cool with that;)

Vernski
10-21-2013, 01:57 AM
My opinion.....

Put Sedna and Ignotus at the top and bottom of the draw and randomize the middle. That will separate the stronger ones (Except Mr Hynds ;)). JackStalk gets a second crack...

So Delta, Chris H, M!TCH, Tekno Violet, Vernski and JackStalk get a mystery draw, while Sedna and Ignotus are are at opposite ends of the draw.....

providing the 8th contestant means that the tournament can be played as a quarter final - every one has a match.

tekno_violet
10-21-2013, 04:01 AM
Maybe whoever got the most votes out of the people that lost their battles gets the 8th spot.

Vernski
10-21-2013, 04:39 AM
Maybe whoever got the most votes out of the people that lost their battles gets the 8th spot.

I feel sorry for the host aka JackStalk....he should get a second life........:)

JackStalk
10-21-2013, 10:44 AM
It's just a tournament for fun, you don't get anything if you win except bragging rights haha. I made it pretty far last year, and got cocky this year by submitting a mix that wasnt 100% flawless. I deserve to be out. Whoever got the most votes for their mix (minus one for each battle they didnt vote on) can take the 8th spot.

JackStalk
10-21-2013, 11:18 AM
Here's the winners that I've got, advancing to round 2:

Delta V
M!ITCH
ChrisHynds
Sedna
Ignotus

And with the byes from round one we've got:

tekno_violet
Vernski

The loser with the most votes is a tie between me and deathsupport at 3. I voted for deathsupport's mix mainly because Sedna went way over the 30minute limit and I hate when he does that :P

It's up to you guys what you want to do.

tekno_violet
10-21-2013, 02:47 PM
Coin flip.

Or if you guys want, us round 2 guys can simply re listen to yours(Jacks) and Deaths mix again to determine whos mix is better minus the thoughts/comments. Just vote!
We can post in this thread. Shouldn't take too long.

JackStalk vs Deathsupport

Voters:

Delta V
M!ITCH
ChrisHynds
Sedna
Ignotus
tekno_violet
Vernski

Deathsupports Mix
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8213521/DJF_Trance_Tournament_2013_Sedna-vs-Deathsupport_1.mp3

JackStalks Mix
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8213521/DJF_Trance_Tournament_2013_JackStalk-vs-Ignotus-1.mp3

Vernski
10-21-2013, 03:43 PM
I have one more suggestion, I noticed out of all the guys who didn't submit in the first round - Mr_ragz was the only one to vote. Maybe he could get a second chance? If you guys aren't a fan of that idea, I'm happy to revote on Deathsupport b Jackstalk

Budzak
10-21-2013, 04:17 PM
Oh crap, did I miss my chance to vote? NOOOOOOOOOOO

Ignotus
10-21-2013, 05:11 PM
maybe the host get's a second life..., making it 8 - I'm cool with that;)

he dug his grave by facing me in round one, now he can lay in it :devil:

haha naww, GG man

Sedna
10-21-2013, 11:21 PM
hire tiesto for the second round, i hear he's making trance again :rolleyes:

Vernski
10-21-2013, 11:57 PM
Oh crap, did I miss my chance to vote? NOOOOOOOOOOO

http://cdn0.meme.li/instances/300x300/37507922.jpg

Well. well, well....three holes in the ground.....Look who it is............:lol:

Welcome back........:squint:

tekno_violet
10-22-2013, 03:52 PM
What are we doing guys?

JackStalk
10-22-2013, 04:20 PM
Okay, I decided to give Sedna the bye because he shouldve gotten it last round and is the reigning champion.

Round 2 matchups are below! Your mix must be submitted no later than November 4, 2013 at 12:01AM Eastern Standard Time. That means you have until Sunday night to get everything together and PM the link to Rek or myself. Good luck!

Round 2:
Sedna (bye)
Delta V vs Vernski
M!TCH vs tekno_violet
ChrisHynds vs Ignotus

tekno_violet
10-22-2013, 06:05 PM
Sweet.

Sedna
10-22-2013, 11:03 PM
Chris vs Iggy, ohsnap.

Vernski
10-23-2013, 01:43 AM
Chris vs Iggy, ohsnap.

:popcorn::dance::music:How Exciting!!!!:music::dance::popcorn:

http://cdn.chud.com/f/f8/900x900px-LL-f807bc91_Al_Bundy_excited.gif

ChrisHynds
10-23-2013, 07:13 AM

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh593/chrishynds_dj/chill-the-fuck-out-i-got-this_zps3e41eae6.jpg

Iggy I should be able to get my set done this weekend, so if you have time and have your own ready we can get ours up and running early?

Vernski
10-23-2013, 08:02 AM
My mix is uploaded, Rek has been PM'd - ready to roll when you are Delta:jt::lol:

Delta V
10-23-2013, 06:35 PM
Thought they were all getting posted at the same time, so I got as long as everybody else no?

Plus just got some new records in the mail today gonna see if I can fit any in.

Vernski
10-24-2013, 12:34 AM
Thought they were all getting posted at the same time, so I got as long as everybody else no?

Plus just got some new records in the mail today gonna see if I can fit any in.

No probs, You can take as long as you need, I think some of the guys were saying to speed it up a bit if possible just to minimise cramming. All good though ...:)

M!TCH
10-24-2013, 12:42 AM
I'd rather they all end at the same time rather than start at the same time. That way there is no confusion as to when all the voting ends. It should also be by midnight on whichever day it ends.

Ignotus
10-24-2013, 01:18 AM
http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh593/chrishynds_dj/chill-the-fuck-out-i-got-this_zps3e41eae6.jpg

Iggy I should be able to get my set done this weekend, so if you have time and have your own ready we can get ours up and running early?

you just gunna take another half of your podcast? :p

uhhh, yah, ill have it done by monday probably

Ignotus
10-24-2013, 01:27 AM
Chris vs Iggy, ohsnap.

this will be the matchup everyone will want to hear!

ChrisHynds
10-24-2013, 02:07 AM
you just gunna take another half of your podcast? :p

uhhh, yah, ill have it done by monday probably

hahah nah Ill make a proper set this time, just the same way I did when I beat you the year I won, you remember that,right?? :P I was to busy the last round to get time to do my radio show and make set for this, I have more free time now, gotta make this good, if your set is as good as your round 1 entry Ill have my work cut out. Best of luck mate!

ChrisHynds
10-24-2013, 07:40 AM
Got home from work and had some free time so I have my set mixed, I just gotta listen back over it to make sure Im 100% happy then I will upload if all is good.

What is the deal with the battle's are we waiting for the deadline or are we launching once both Dj's are ready to roll?

M!TCH
10-24-2013, 08:22 AM
I think battles should be posted as soon as they are ready to go with each one ending ten days after the submission date (or something along those lines). Starting at different times makes little difference.

JackStalk
10-24-2013, 10:44 AM
I'm all for posting them as soon as they're uploaded if both parties get them in early. We'll have to get @Rev_Aviles on board with this.

tekno_violet
10-24-2013, 03:08 PM
I like them spread out instead of getting them all at once... if people are ready to submit that is.

I will procrastinate my mix till the last day as usual.

ChrisHynds
10-25-2013, 03:13 AM
I would be lying if I said I wasn't extremely pumped about this match up with Iggy :) Just listened back to my set and Im good to go :) uploading later today :banana:

EDIT -

Before I upload can someone please confirm the bitrate? My converter is set as default to 320kpbs but someone mentioned this in the last round? Can we please confirm a rate so that all audio sounds the same quality.

Ignotus
10-25-2013, 03:52 AM
I would be lying if I said I wasn't extremely pumped about this match up with Iggy :) Just listened back to my set and Im good to go :) uploading later today :banana:

im giving this my all man, im so excited! (your inbox is full BTW)

ChrisHynds
10-25-2013, 03:55 AM
your inbox is full BTW

Fixed :tup:

Ignotus
10-25-2013, 04:25 AM
Fixed :tup:

i dont think this thread is ready for the battle that is about to go down. In my opinion, the 2 greatest trance assets are getting it over early. Whoever wins this round, you better watch out, because whoever it is, is going for the gold :)

ChrisHynds
10-25-2013, 08:53 AM
Guys what Bitrate are we converting files too for the uploads? I have mine set at 320kbps as a default but there was a bit of discussion about this in the last round and Im not sure what the outcome was?

M!TCH
10-25-2013, 09:08 AM
192, like all other battles done in the battle forum.

ChrisHynds
10-25-2013, 09:32 AM
192, like all other battles done in the battle forum.

Cheers :tup:

JackStalk
10-25-2013, 10:24 AM
Like all battles in the battle forum, your mix must be converted to 192KBPS or it will be disqualified from judging.

Is this better?

tekno_violet
10-25-2013, 12:03 PM
192 it is.

90's style. Im pretty sure that rule was implemented to save server space.... Which we don't use anymore.

JackStalk
10-25-2013, 01:10 PM
It's also one more reason for me to eliminate you for basically no reason :tup:

tekno_violet
10-25-2013, 01:49 PM
http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/files/2011/05/donald-trump.gif

It's also one more reason for me to eliminate you for basically no reason :tup:

ChrisHynds
10-27-2013, 06:35 AM
ChrisHynds-vs-Iggy - Uploaded (192kbps) :P

:jt:

Rek_Aviles
10-27-2013, 10:58 AM
Delta V vs Vernski files are in. This will be posted sometime tonight.

7-day battle for this round, unless you all feel we benefited from the 10 length. Let me know

Delta V
10-27-2013, 05:46 PM
^ ummmmm, I did not submit yet?

Vernski
10-27-2013, 11:08 PM
^^^^^^^^^^:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol:^^^^^^^^^

JackStalk
10-28-2013, 11:16 AM
Less than one week remaining brotatoes!

Rek_Aviles
10-28-2013, 07:57 PM

lol yah, I realized that night when I read DnB battle. I saw the PM from you and assumed it was for this one. My bad..

So far, no matchups to post

Sedna
10-29-2013, 10:20 PM
I woulda lol'd if Delta's battle got posted with one DnB mix

ChrisHynds
10-30-2013, 04:43 PM
How are you guys getting on with your sets?

M!TCH
10-30-2013, 07:41 PM
Mine won't get done until the deadline. Been so swamped with work.

JackStalk
10-31-2013, 11:37 AM
Mine won't get done until the deadline. Been so swamped with work.

Just make sure it's submitted on time. One minute late and you're out :tup:

Ignotus
10-31-2013, 10:42 PM
How are you guys getting on with your sets?

hey man, i finally have a night off from work, ill upload it tom at night

M!TCH
11-01-2013, 07:02 AM
Just make sure it's submitted on time. One minute late and you're out :tup:

November 3 @ 10:00pm MST. Good thing I have DST to help :teef:

Ignotus
11-02-2013, 04:36 PM
submitted

ChrisHynds
11-02-2013, 06:39 PM
submitted

Sweet, let's get this show on the road!!!