PDA

View Full Version : Video DJ Thread

VJ LouNYC
02-05-2012, 11:00 AM
We need to have a thread dedicated to all the video dj's.

-what software are you using?
-Does it work well for you?
-Where are you getting videos from? (What pool are you in and recommend)
-Are you a video dj and/or editor?
-Are you djing videos in the club or mobile?

VJ LouNYC
02-05-2012, 12:02 PM
I use Serato along with Mix emergency. Works flawlessly. I currently get videos from Xtendamix and dtvvideos. I also get videos from from per per sites. I wish I had time for video editing but it takes time and dedication to be good. I've djed a few clubs that have video but mainly corporate parties.

p.s. if your looking for a great video pool, look into smashvids. best quality of videos on the market.

Jason Cerna
02-05-2012, 03:23 PM
This is my homie[DJ Eclectic] from our crew, Boogieburg. He is doing the visuals for Emancipator's Winter 2012 East Coast tour (http://www.emancipatormusic.com/winter-tour-2012-announced) and the newly announced West Coast Tour (http://www.emancipatormusic.com/west-coast-tour-announced). He uses Modul8 (http://www.modul8.ch/) controlled with an APC40. He is a graphic designer by trade, so he does all his own work. I'm not sure what model HD projector they are using for the tour but it's pretty huge. I can get more details if anyone is interested.

http://youtu.be/QtuvIxDQSDA

http://youtu.be/n517G42Fe7Q

http://youtu.be/FbLyT-in1_k

http://youtu.be/_hYDqr9rFn0

VJ LouNYC
02-05-2012, 06:54 PM
very nice.

epik1
02-06-2012, 03:13 PM
Anyone heard of or use Pandora's Box?

VJ LouNYC
02-06-2012, 07:23 PM
Sorry, not me.

VJ LouNYC
02-09-2012, 07:52 PM
for any of you guys who use mix emergency for video djing, serato announced that on the new serato 2.4 mix emergency will not not be compatible.

This also means anyone getting the new rane sixty-two who must upgrade to 2.4 will not be able to use mix emergency.

dJRootz
02-10-2012, 12:05 AM
for any of you guys who use mix emergency for video djing, serato announced that on the new serato 2.4 mix emergency will not not be compatible.

This also means anyone getting the new rane sixty-two who must upgrade to 2.4 will not be able to use mix emergency.

Most guys running mix emergencey are still using pre 2.1 so im not sure if they'll even care, plus the 62 is kinda high up price wise. I personally wont be upgrading from the 57 just to use the "new" serato video

DjDyve
02-20-2012, 01:51 PM
RECORD POOL TO AVOID : 8thwonders.com or videotoolz.com

Their site is shit full of broken links, even if the download won't work the count it in your limit of 2 !
The overall site is slow.
its 13$ a month tho so its reflect the service quality.

I recommend smashvidz.com or xtendamix.com they even take request songs and complies to it !

peterwo2e
02-20-2012, 03:19 PM
im waiting for serato itch to released the video plug in. for now i use vdj for videos i have 3 sony vpl-cs21 projectors, on days that i don't use videos i still project images of dancing girls etc, fireworks or whatever i have to bring up the dancing mood. 8th wonder videos is the cheapest so far, smashvidz is very pro quality but cost more. for lating ill go for latinos unidos. for old school i like digital street videos.

Sween
02-20-2012, 03:31 PM
RECORD POOL TO AVOID : 8thwonders.com or videotoolz.com

Their site is shit full of broken links, even if the download won't work the count it in your limit of 2 !
The overall site is slow.
its 13$ a month tho so its reflect the service quality.

I recommend smashvidz.com or xtendamix.com they even take request songs and complies to it !

Agree. 8th Wonder is terrible compared to SmashVidz.

VJ LouNYC
02-20-2012, 06:03 PM
Yeah stary away from 8th wonder. there is no one checking the videos before they are posted. they will make serato crash.

To me smashvidz is the best for mainstream vids, xtendamix is great for 80's, 90's and hard to find videos and dtv videos are great for dance remixed videos. I also fill in holes with crooklyn clan.

hey peterwo2e, where are you located?

VjQue
02-21-2012, 02:22 PM
my12inch
bpmsupreme
is also good video pools. I use imovie 11 to edit or final cut pro X.
I just got my 62 yesterday and its 10x better than my 57 that I had. its worth the upgrade. you can get the 62 and use a sl box and midi map the control's to do video if you need to use mix emergency to do video. sold my 57 for $1100 and put $600 and got my 62.hands down the best mixer out.
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b352/dirtbikeq/IMAG1022.jpg

wilson
02-24-2012, 10:04 AM
I've thought about getting into this a little more. Is there a site you can buy the vids as an "each" type thing, rather than a "pool"? I'd like to just get a few and see how it goes over.

VjQue
02-24-2012, 01:44 PM
I've thought about getting into this a little more. Is there a site you can buy the vids as an "each" type thing, rather than a "pool"? I'd like to just get a few and see how it goes over. Itunes but you have to encode them again.

VJ LouNYC
02-24-2012, 02:07 PM
do not buy videos from itunes!!!!!! audio is not great.

get videos from either crooklyn clan or rare crates. crooklyn clan has some HD videos that look great. don't waste money on itunes.

good luck.

VjQue
02-24-2012, 02:12 PM
do not buy videos from itunes!!!!!! audio is not great.

get videos from either crooklyn clan or rare crates. crooklyn clan has some HD videos that look great. don't waste money on itunes.

good luck. but he said not in a pool. that's why I said Itunes. He can buy separate video's but not the best. And the sound Yep you have to edit and lay A cleaner sounding track on top. that's way beyond his level.

VJ LouNYC
02-24-2012, 06:16 PM
but he said not in a pool. that's why I said Itunes. He can buy separate video's but not the best. And the sound Yep you have to edit and lay A cleaner sounding track on top. that's way beyond his level.

why would he buy videos that he has to replace audio when he can buy individual videos from two great sites? doesn't make sense. both sites that I mentioned have "pay per video".

allenpa5
02-25-2012, 12:22 AM
I'd like to TRY out VJing before signing up to a record pool or purchasing a bunch of videos. Anyone care to help me reach that goal?? I know it may be frowned upon somewhat, but I'm not looking to use any of the borrowed media for anything other than seeing if I like it/can get the hang of it. Thanks!

VjQue
02-25-2012, 05:25 PM
why would he buy videos that he has to replace audio when he can buy individual videos from two great sites? doesn't make sense. both sites that I mentioned have "pay per video". I didnt know they had pay per video. but than again I dont think he wants to go thru the siging up part. thats why I said Itune's. but shit he has to sign up there to. lol

VJ LouNYC
02-25-2012, 05:35 PM
there is no signing up for pay per video sites. just add to cart and pay.

TrueWind
02-26-2012, 09:04 AM
I'd like to TRY out VJing before signing up to a record pool or purchasing a bunch of videos. Anyone care to help me reach that goal?? I know it may be frowned upon somewhat, but I'm not looking to use any of the borrowed media for anything other than seeing if I like it/can get the hang of it. Thanks!

I would suggest you to DO the Following:

- Join 8thwondercdpool (8thwondercdpool.com) It's only 13.99? per month. Download Videos ONLY that say (John Cha) or (Armed with Harmony) as they are the ONLY ones that are RELIABLE (this has even been confirmed in the Serato Video Forums). Those 2 people have A LOT of different genres, and the quality is VERY good.

IF you like spinning with vids, then move on to something more complex like smashvidz or xtendamix.

Let us know how it went for you.

VjQue
02-27-2012, 12:22 PM
I would suggest you to DO the Following:

- Join 8thwondercdpool (8thwondercdpool.com) It's only 13.99? per month. Download Videos ONLY that say (John Cha) or (Armed with Harmony) as they are the ONLY ones that are RELIABLE (this has even been confirmed in the Serato Video Forums). Those 2 people have A LOT of different genres, and the quality is VERY good.

IF you like spinning with vids, then move on to something more complex like smashvidz or xtendamix.

Let us know how it went for you.I hate the Armed With Harmony drop its Stupid as hell.

I edit that shit out.

Pow (gun Shot) then Huh what Dj anchor & who ever else they say. that shit hell long to.

VJ LouNYC
02-28-2012, 12:14 PM
new serato 1.0 is out. this will work with itch as well.

here: http://serato.com/forum/discussion/632485#new

VJ LouNYC
02-28-2012, 12:15 PM
remember guys, it's beta. use at your own risk in public.

peterwo2e
02-28-2012, 09:12 PM
I hate the Armed With Harmony drop its Stupid as hell.

I edit that shit out.

Pow (gun Shot) then Huh what Dj anchor & who ever else they say. that shit hell long to.
i know nothing when it comes to editing video. what software you use to edit that shit out?

peterwo2e
02-28-2012, 09:17 PM
Agree. 8th Wonder is terrible compared to SmashVidz.
8thwonder is not that bad. considering they charge crack head prices. you just have to view them for quality first. their mp3 is also shit 190 kbps to 320 kbps i seen a few 120 kbps. i keep anything over 254kbps. the rest is real garbage.

VJ LouNYC
02-29-2012, 07:00 AM
Basically what I am saying is, you get what you pay for.

DJing videos is very different from DJing mp3's. There are so many other factors. A bad video can crash your system, slow it down and make you look bad in front of customers. There are some quality videos pools out there that have decent prices.

TrueWind
02-29-2012, 07:10 AM
new serato 1.0 is out. this will work with itch as well.

here: http://serato.com/forum/discussion/632485#new

Awesome. Already started downloading! Nice :)

VjQue
03-01-2012, 04:18 PM
i know nothing when it comes to editing video. what software you use to edit that shit out? Final Cut Pro X

Interracial Tea
03-01-2012, 07:09 PM
i know nothing when it comes to editing video. what software you use to edit that shit out?

There are a couple of popular video editors. The two most popular are Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere (both work on OSX, only Premiere works on Windows). The only other editor that I can think of is Sony Vegas.