PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a laser

Icefrogg
03-05-2012, 11:32 AM
So I was curious as to what do you guys prefer to do with your laser. Do you projecto to the floor, ceiling or a wall. How high or low do you mount it? I don't want anyone to get hit in the eye with the laser so I am looking for input. I will be trying it out this thursday at the bar I DJ at. Thanks

Johnnotestine
03-05-2012, 11:57 AM
Depends on the laser. What model did you get?

Icefrogg
03-05-2012, 12:44 PM
american dj micro galaxian laser. Nothing big but just starting off with lasers

Johnnotestine
03-05-2012, 12:48 PM
The micro galaxian is actually a pretty sweet laser. I truss mount mine (10ft high or so) and shine it either on the crowd or on the ceiling.

I would not worry about shining this laser on the crowd.

Icefrogg
03-05-2012, 01:32 PM
The micro galaxian is actually a pretty sweet laser. I truss mount mine (10ft high or so) and shine it either on the crowd or on the ceiling.

I would not worry about shining this laser on the crowd.

Awesome Yeah I was thinking about shining it on the ceiling. So you don't ever get any complains about the laser hitting people in the eye or anything. I mean the thing came with all these warnings it almost makes me afraid to use it haha.

Johnnotestine
03-05-2012, 02:33 PM
Awesome Yeah I was thinking about shining it on the ceiling. So you don't ever get any complains about the laser hitting people in the eye or anything. I mean the thing came with all these warnings it almost makes me afraid to use it haha.

Never had a complaint, only compliments.

DJ M&M
03-05-2012, 03:12 PM
its such a small laser theres not too much to worry about if u have a truss mount it on that pointing straight, if not place it beside ur dj booth tilt it at about 45 degrees from ur dj stand pointing towards the ceiling and you should get a nice effect.

Icefrogg
03-06-2012, 10:37 AM
ok one last opinion question...I am running the chauvet 4 bar and chauvet 4 play...its a small bar..with a small dance floor. my idea was to have the chauvet stuff on the floor and the laser on the ceiling. any other suggestions?

SAVAIRE
03-09-2012, 04:03 AM
I would mount the laser above the 4B/4P aiming towards the ceiling so it isn't washed out by the 4B/4P, if you can do it. Just my opinion though :) Placement is KEY! What the other guys said will work great also!

Finnish_Fox
03-09-2012, 03:31 PM
...need any ill-tempered sea bass?