PDA

View Full Version : Calling Out: DJWhoQE for a UK Bass battle

Subprime
03-05-2012, 08:39 AM
What is UK Bass? Nobody knows, not even Fact magazine. Why do people keep using the ""UK Bass", the most stupid of terms, nearly completely useless at identifying music? It covers everything from techno and deep house to dubstep and beyond. One thing is for certain, it is probably sort of maybe British in origin, and is therefore far superior to any other music.

So then, I challenge you DJWhoQE to a UK Bass battle, the most stupid of battles, the complete genre clash making a mockery of the voting system.

The rules:

You must be British to compete
So that means you automatically lose DJWhoQE

No sync, for it is very un-British.
I will be competing strictly with my vinyl collection, for vinyl is also very British. However, you are welcome to use whatever you like.

Play whatever music you think is appropriate.
Electro house and drum and bass are not appropriate, though one of those things is very British.

30 minutes.
Or there abouts.

May the most British DJ win! (me)

DJWhoQE
03-06-2012, 03:16 AM
I may be an American, but they call it Global Bass for a reason. Prepare to be schooled by the combined might of international awesome!

Whenever that date may be. I'm in Austin all week next week so... mixes in by this weekend? I'll be using my Numarks and DDM4000 with control vinyl.

Subprime
03-09-2012, 07:30 AM
Not sure I'll get it done this weekend, but if you're happy to get yours in I'll stick mine up when I get round to doing it.

DJWhoQE
03-09-2012, 10:29 AM
Not sure I'll get it done this weekend, but if you're happy to get yours in I'll stick mine up when I get round to doing it.
How about we set the due date for the weekend of the 24th-25th? That'll give us time to put together a mix and practice.

Because you're gonna need that practice. Because otherwise I'm gonna to crush you. In your face. Hope you're one of those few islanders that take advantage of dental insurance. :teef:

Subprime
03-09-2012, 01:17 PM
How about we set the due date for the weekend of the 24th-25th? That'll give us time to put together a mix and practice.

Because you're gonna need that practice. Because otherwise I'm gonna to crush you. In your face. Hope you're one of those few islanders that take advantage of dental insurance. :teef:

Cool.

And my teeth may be bad, but at least the damage your mix will do to my ears is covered under the NHS.

DJWhoQE
03-09-2012, 05:30 PM
And my teeth may be bad, but at least the damage your mix will do to my ears is covered under the NHS.
Nice one... :uhoh:

DJWhoQE
03-21-2012, 05:46 PM
Alright, you still good for this Sub? Because I think I should be.

Subprime
03-23-2012, 08:54 AM
Gimme just one more week boss (this is a pretty hectic time of the year for me). I have something I can cut the first half off if you want.

DJWhoQE
03-23-2012, 11:31 AM
Naw, let's set it to next weekend... April Fool's Day, I guess.

Subprime
04-01-2012, 04:35 PM
I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT.

Uploading now.

DJWhoQE
04-01-2012, 05:26 PM
I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT.

Uploading now.
I didn't... :uhoh:

Sick today. Can I throw one up tomorrow and we'll pretend like I had my shit together?

Subprime
04-01-2012, 05:46 PM
whatever

DJWhoQE
04-01-2012, 11:01 PM
whatever
Right on, I'll get it up ASAP!

I hope you realize that you're still going down, though... :D

DJWhoQE
04-02-2012, 03:31 PM
Alright, threw one together real quick and put it up. Now I'm gonna vomit and wipe my mouth with a map of the British Isles. :argh:

Subprime
04-02-2012, 05:12 PM
You have maps over there? I thought you spent all your map money on guns?

lj3iNxZ8Dww

JonAvalon
04-02-2012, 07:47 PM
WhoQE confirmed

:edit: WhoQE did you upload twice or is that you subprime?

DJWhoQE
04-02-2012, 07:48 PM
WhoQE confirmed
Sub said he got his in yesterday.

JonAvalon
04-02-2012, 07:54 PM
ah ok missed it, well you guys named it very similar.

:edit: Battle posted
http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?4971-UK-Bass-battle-Subprime-vs-DJWhoQE