PDA

View Full Version : Battle Voting House Battle - Matuli vs Finnish_Fox

JonAvalon
03-05-2012, 07:39 AM
Mix 1 (http://www.djfbattles.com/battles/Finnish_Fox-vs-Matuli-1.mp3)

Mix 2 (http://www.djfbattles.com/battles/Finnish_Fox-vs-Matuli-2.mp3)

Rules:
1 on 1 house battle (disco, tech, funky, no commercial like Guetta)
Mix duration 25-30 minutes long
CD Players, Turntables, DVS or MIDI controllers (I play on CD players) but NO Effects

matuli
03-05-2012, 08:58 AM
Itīs "Matuli" :))

JonAvalon
03-05-2012, 09:11 AM
sorry, accidently deleted the i

fixed

Finnish_Fox
03-05-2012, 11:11 AM
Yay! :tup:

310housEd
03-05-2012, 09:07 PM
Just joined this site, thought i'd take a quick listen...
-The first mix was cool, had a nice deep-funky vibe. At times the mixes got a tad loose, and a bit muddy, but I can appreciate the attempt to "Funk Out" the mix. My favorite part of this audio tidbit had to be the track selection. It had a nice flow to it ; containing great vocals sample with some sick basslines. Overall i think it was a solid effort.
-I didn't enjoy the second mix as much. the first track had a cool disco house feel, but i wasn't a huge fan of the vocals. Overall the mix had a very euro-house type of sound to me that reminded me of maybe like some party in stutgard in the mid to late 90's. Unfortunately I felt the mixing needs alot of work here too. If u want to play in front of people mixing should be pretty clean.
-Live the life you love, love the life you live...

Finnish_Fox
03-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Just joined this site, thought i'd take a quick listen...
-The first mix was cool, had a nice deep-funky vibe. At times the mixes got a tad loose, and a bit muddy, but I can appreciate the attempt to "Funk Out" the mix. My favorite part of this audio tidbit had to be the track selection. It had a nice flow to it ; containing great vocals sample with some sick basslines. Overall i think it was a solid effort.
-I didn't enjoy the second mix as much. the first track had a cool disco house feel, but i wasn't a huge fan of the vocals. Overall the mix had a very euro-house type of sound to me that reminded me of maybe like some party in stutgard in the mid to late 90's. Unfortunately I felt the mixing needs alot of work here too. If u want to play in front of people mixing should be pretty clean.
-Live the life you love, love the life you live...

Thanks for the feedback! :tup:

+repped

Lost Connection
03-11-2012, 05:04 AM
Neither mix had perfect mix work, though the first mix was more solid on that. Gotta go with Mix 1 for this battle.

Finnish_Fox
03-12-2012, 06:53 PM
Neither mix had perfect mix work, though the first mix was more solid on that. Gotta go with Mix 1 for this battle.

Cheers! Thank you for the feedback. Always room for improvement!

+REP

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
03-12-2012, 09:45 PM
neither mix,was my brand of house...but I enjoyed both mixes.going to go with the euro-disco selection in this battle.mix2.:tup:good work,gentlemen!

mix4fix
03-13-2012, 03:18 AM
Mix #2.

digi16v
03-14-2012, 01:26 PM
both had their flaws but were decent submittions.
Giving my vote to mix#1
Liked the composition of this little more.
keep spinn:music:

Finnish_Fox
03-14-2012, 04:35 PM
Mix #2.

Cheers! Already gave you rep for something else, so you get just my appreciation.

Finnish_Fox
03-14-2012, 04:35 PM
both had their flaws but were decent submittions.
Giving my vote to mix#1
Liked the composition of this little more.
keep spinn:music:

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback... only makes me want to make a new one! +REP

Finnish_Fox
03-15-2012, 01:37 PM
Thanks for voting everyone!

Now that the poll has closed, I'll post up my 30-minute mix (via Soundcloud) and let y'all comment on it. It'd be interesting to get feedback related to specific parts of the mix.

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
03-15-2012, 05:31 PM
I'm lost.:confused: who's mix,was whom?

Finnish_Fox
03-15-2012, 05:55 PM
I'm lost.:confused: who's mix,was whom?

I think that's the point of keeping it anonymous! But since it is over, I can tell you... mine was Mix #1.

I'll post mine in the mix submissions and if you'd be so kind as to leave some feedback, that'd be awesome.

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
03-15-2012, 06:36 PM
I think that's the point of keeping it anonymous! But since it is over, I can tell you... mine was Mix #1.

Sorry,it is kept anonymous,not to show any one member,personal favoritism,until it is over.It is a Battle,and you have won.I am happy for you.:D braging rights are yours.the floor is yours...........

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
03-15-2012, 06:41 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Finnish_Fox again.

Finnish_Fox
03-15-2012, 07:02 PM
Sorry,it is kept anonymous,not to show any one member,personal favoritism,until it is over.It is a Battle,and you have won.I am happy for you.:D braging rights are yours.the floor is yours...........

Cheers! It was my first battle and I had a good time doing it. Like I said before, loved the feedback!

I'd like to thank Matuli for throwing out the challenge. He was a worthy competitor. :D

:tup:

Finnish_Fox
03-15-2012, 07:06 PM
Likewise:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DennisBdrmDJ 2.0 again.

matuli
03-19-2012, 03:44 AM
Congratulation Finish Fox :) you made a great mix

Finnish_Fox
03-20-2012, 05:44 PM
Congratulation Finish Fox :) you made a great mix

Cheers mate! Thanks for having me involved!

Liked yours too!

jazzyj
03-20-2012, 05:55 PM
Definitely mix #2. But the only time I ever listened to much house was back in the 90's. I felt like this mix really pulled from that era of House - especially the lyrics. This is a mix I would expect to hear at the local club - even today possibly.

Spife
03-20-2012, 08:46 PM
I know it's a bit late, and I haven't finished mix 1 nor started mix 2, but mix 1's transitions are really tight.

Finnish_Fox
03-27-2012, 12:41 AM
I know it's a bit late, and I haven't finished mix 1 nor started mix 2, but mix 1's transitions are really tight.

Thanks man. Mine was #1, appreciate it!