PDA

View Full Version : Moving Heads under $1000 Chauvet ADJ Blizzard PR Elation Martin Vari Clay

wapples
09-01-2013, 12:00 AM
I would like to invest in some Moving heads. i have NONE at the moment and have mixed success with various ADJ Chauvet and Martin stuff but since we are Mobile DJ's Iam just looking for a 250 575 watt type of fixture. Reasonably easy to transport and easy enough to lift onto a Truss pole or something.

Reliability is the biggest factor for me. Based on price the Bells and whistles and sheer output of the MARTIN Macs, Vari & Clay Packy are not what I need but from what I have seen are built to simply go, tour after tour. So I want that type of engineering in what I buy.

Wash or Spot I could go both in the future I love the coverage of the WASH lights however love the effects with Spots like GOBO and of course Prism and rotation etc. We are really spoiled for choice at the moment with QSPOT VIZI etc but I really don't know where to start with a bang for the buck unit.

Iam also in the market for a new Projection fixture SO if there is a model that also has a changeable GOBO for the bride and grooms name that could be a worthy investment. You guys are using them and have had a play what are you all finding is a winning combination? A lot are now LED based which has lots of advantages but needs to do the distance and if something does go wrong can I fix it.

All advice warmly received you guys & girls have not steered me wrong yet.

OP

NOTE: I know its a scanner but I love what the ADJ Vizi Scan LED Pro offers and imagine its probably on par with some base movers.

wapples
09-06-2013, 11:21 AM
So VIZI, Intimidators etc are they all junk? I got nothing to work on here Iam sure you are all using something you could put your two bobs on.

Cheers

OP

CQE DJs
09-06-2013, 01:05 PM
I have intimidator spot 350's and I love them. They work well, havne't had any problems and have all the features you are looking for!

DJzrule
09-06-2013, 01:44 PM
So VIZI, Intimidators etc are they all junk? I got nothing to work on here Iam sure you are all using something you could put your two bobs on.

Cheers

OP

Err what? Who said Q-Spots are junk? They're arguably the best DJ-class heads along with the Elations and ADJ VIZI series right now.

wapples
09-09-2013, 06:21 AM
LOL I only said it was junk because no one was posting anything so if I dont hear anything about good about them then maybe I should stay clear. But now we have kicked some opinions up i will look into them. BUT NO IAM NOT SAYING THEY ARE JUNK! just to clear the clouds.

DJzrule
09-09-2013, 09:05 AM
LOL I only said it was junk because no one was posting anything so if I dont hear anything about good about them then maybe I should stay clear. But now we have kicked some opinions up i will look into them. BUT NO IAM NOT SAYING THEY ARE JUNK! just to clear the clouds.

Gotcha, well I have experience with owning the Q-Spot 160s, and renting the 350s and I'm in love with them for the price.

Quick programming video with them and my scanners:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6FX5qwkCzc

wapples
09-10-2013, 05:06 AM
Gerat vid. Excellent results with just 4 fixtures I usually just throw any one of these two light trees up then sling my motion drape behind me. There is usually other uplighting around the room that I have the walls changing colours and Iam happy. Light weight and easy stuff but rotating gobos and flooding more light with more movement the dots get a bit boring from behind the coffin since i see them all the time LOL. Like i said we have scanners etc and other effects but for maximum effect and portability these rigs are hard to go past.

http://mjpartyz.com/products_categories/light-trees/

Check em all out or for those who cant be botherd linking then ill try and embed one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8V9T9CAh4Q&feature=player_embedded#t=5

I love my nucleus and cubix etc great units but still no howdeedoo features.

OP