PDA

View Full Version : Owner Requesting For CD and Using It Instead Of Booking A DJ

DJVADER
03-05-2012, 02:01 AM
I have been spinning at many events, birthday parties and etc lately. I was spinning for a party and I had great feedback from everyone, they all loved it! But I was requested to created a CD of songs/tunes I played during the party. I was really amazed that the owner wanted my CD. The owner told me that he will book me again next time to spin for other events. I decided to create the CD, but then I was told that he will use my CD I created other events instead of booking me for a gig. I was really mad :mad: I could not believe how cheap this person was! I even offered a great deal...:squint: I still have not given the CD yet to the owner. I really have no clue on whether or not if I should hand the CD or do something else.

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice?

bernardgregory
03-05-2012, 02:07 AM
some lounges / bars use mix cds when a DJ isnt necessary (happy hour) so charge him how much you would for one gig and give them the CD.

maybe put tags on the music so that people know who made it? dont be excessive though

Manu
03-05-2012, 03:09 AM
Classic.

Give edited mixes with tags every 2 minutes. "hello and welcome to my mix, this is exclusively for promotional purpose "

Lost Connection
03-05-2012, 04:17 AM
Classic.

Give edited mixes with tags every 2 minutes. "hello and welcome to my mix, this is exclusively for promotional purpose "

This :tup:

Manu
03-05-2012, 05:59 AM
Or anything simple and nice such as "thank you for listening to [insert name here]

Stirred
03-05-2012, 07:24 AM
some lounges / bars use mix cds when a DJ isnt necessary (happy hour) so charge him how much you would for one gig and give them the CD.

maybe put tags on the music so that people know who made it? dont be excessive though

I would say do the opposite of this!!! lol.. drop the hell out of the CD!!!

Austin GoGreen
03-05-2012, 12:21 PM
I'm with the rest of you guys.. My initial responce was going to be put a drop with your DJ name in every 5-10 minutes. That's the trade off or NO DEAL! It's publicity for you after all.

Windows 95
03-05-2012, 12:30 PM
You kind of need a balance. Too many drops & it will never get played. (Unless that's your goal.)
If you want the promotional benefits of drops you don't want it to be so excessive that CD doesn't get played.
I've never paid much attention to radio remixes' drops, but whatever they normally use is probably a good balance. (I'm guessing one drop every other song?)

Molbster
03-05-2012, 07:12 PM
give him an un-mixed CD. :P

Defiance
03-05-2012, 08:50 PM
Just do a few drops every so often but make the drops about 3x louder than the music lol

DJVADER
03-05-2012, 11:23 PM
Haha! You guys crack me up! I love all of your guys answers :D I would have never thought of adding a drop, its sounds a lot better to promote my name.I just searched up a couple of sites that does dj drops for a donation or for free. Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it!

Manu
03-06-2012, 03:39 AM
I just searched up a couple of sites that does dj drops for a donation or for free.

Or you could use a text to speech software that does different voices like the one in Mac OS. http://www.naturalreaders.com/index.htm

Dave Daschofsky
03-06-2012, 05:22 PM
Tell him you want to hang out at his bar but you're going to drink at home first.

bernardobustamante
03-09-2012, 04:08 PM
Don't forget to add in air horns! :lol:

Finnish_Fox
03-09-2012, 04:14 PM
(I'm guessing one drop every other song?)

As a patron, I would leave that bar so fast... unless it was a strip club.

Finnish_Fox
03-09-2012, 04:14 PM
Tell him you want to hang out at his bar but you're going to drink at home first.

...and he's going to care why? One body taking up space isn't much of a cost to the owner.

Dave Daschofsky
03-10-2012, 03:11 PM
...and he's going to care why? One body taking up space isn't much of a cost to the owner.

One body not bringing their friends can add up. One person who spends $50 twice a week spends $5,200 per year. With just ten people that jumps up to $52,000 a year.

Quentin Legend
03-10-2012, 03:22 PM
Or you could use a text to speech software that does different voices like the one in Mac OS. http://www.naturalreaders.com/index.htm

Messing around with the different languages, some pretty weird shit coming out haha.