PDA

View Full Version : Investing in a new setup soon, Need Opinions.

TechONE
03-05-2012, 12:59 AM
I'm currently running an all powered setup, with Ns7 and Serato iTCH
I Love it.
I'm selling the equipment for other priorities and I see it as a good opportunity to start looking at upgrading anyways.

What I was thinking is:
2 - Stanton STR8-150s
1 - Pioneer DJM T1
or
1 - Rane 61

Only thing is i've heard mixed reviews on the DJM T1 but I'm really interested in giving traktor 2 a try.

thoughts?

Andrew B
03-05-2012, 01:03 AM
Try Traktor before you commit to a mixer with it built-in. Go to your local Guitar Center or something. It's completely different than ITCH.

Any reason you're going for the STR8s instead of the STs?

DJNR
03-05-2012, 01:12 AM
Try Traktor before you commit to a mixer with it built-in. Go to your local Guitar Center or something. It's completely different than ITCH.

Any reason you're going for the STR8s instead of the STs?

I agree with Andrew B on this one. Itch and Traktor are two totally different beasts, and to me, the logical decision would be to upgrade to a mixer that has Serato built in because it seems like a more logical decision. IMO, the T1 is a stupid mixer for the price point and features. If you are really amped on getting Traktor, I would look at some other certified mixers such as the Korg Zero 4, DJM 900, DJM 850, Denon X1600 (I heard), and a couple more. I think there's a list on Native Instrument's site.

As for the decks, I use Technics so I couldn't tell you if they are good or not.

TechONE
03-05-2012, 01:17 AM
I've read they're a little better for scratching which is something im looking to start really focusing on to implement into my sets. From what I've read it comes with a price of minimal audio quality loss and faster wear and tear on your vinyl, is this true?

True, I just don't see Guitar Center having that specific setup just sitting there waiting to try, the Sam ASH next to my work is pretty much empty as far as live displays for equipment. But maybe I'll call a GC and ask.

TechONE
03-05-2012, 01:19 AM
Sorry I ended the question with true and started a whole new reply with true haha, didn't mean to confuse.

ampnation
03-05-2012, 01:55 AM
Conveniently, DJNR has a Korg Zero 4 for sale...
http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?1608-FS-FT-Korg-Zero-4-Mixer
Even though he didn't pimp it.

Austin GoGreen
03-05-2012, 08:58 AM
Good choice. I'm rocking 12's and the Rane 57. But Stanton's STR8's are great too. Nice choice of mixers to boot! Why sell the NS7 though? For some reason I'm using my NS7 more than anything right now. My parties have just as much energy and it's easier to setup (than tt's, mixer, uberstand, stacking the cases, wiring, etc.) NS7 is plug and play. I say keep the NS7 and save for the new stuff.

DJ Braz
03-05-2012, 03:00 PM
Good choice. I'm rocking 12's and the Rane 57. But Stanton's STR8's are great too. Nice choice of mixers to boot! Why sell the NS7 though? For some reason I'm using my NS7 more than anything right now. My parties have just as much energy and it's easier to setup (than tt's, mixer, uberstand, stacking the cases, wiring, etc.) NS7 is plug and play. I say keep the NS7 and save for the new stuff.

I agree with Austin a 100%...i also have the NS7 and im saving up to get some tech 1200 and a good mixer but not trying to get rid of my NS7...

TechONE
03-05-2012, 03:35 PM
Honestly, I was just thinking of the same thing this morning. I Love the convenience of the hot cues the looping and pitch bend. And it really is plug and play. Hmmm maybe I'll just sell the sound system portion and lights. Decisions Decisions -__-.

DJNR
03-05-2012, 04:21 PM
Honestly, I was just thinking of the same thing this morning. I Love the convenience of the hot cues the looping and pitch bend. And it really is plug and play. Hmmm maybe I'll just sell the sound system portion and lights. Decisions Decisions -__-.

After having my S4 for a year, I decided it wasn't the right route for me and that I personally loved having tangible decks. Make sure you can justify why you're switching rather than just doing it for new gear :P

B-Side
03-06-2012, 04:26 AM
external mixers > traktor/itch's mixer,

That is all.