PDA

View Full Version : used korg zero4 faders not responding

hamholla
03-05-2012, 12:23 AM
hey everyone,

My friend just offered to sell me his zero4 and I was pretty stoked over it. Brought it home, cleaned it up a bit and began to mess around with it.

I quickly noticed that the faders were not responding well. The crossfader literally does nothing and the channel faders do not change in volume whatsoever. They simply cut out when turned down fully.

Immediately i thought this had something to do with the fader curves and went to change the curves but nothing happend. No matter how much i twist the curves for either the channel faders or the crossfader nothing changes.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

~thanks

DJNR
03-05-2012, 01:09 AM
hey everyone,

My friend just offered to sell me his zero4 and I was pretty stoked over it. Brought it home, cleaned it up a bit and began to mess around with it.

I quickly noticed that the faders were not responding well. The crossfader literally does nothing and the channel faders do not change in volume whatsoever. They simply cut out when turned down fully.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

~thanks

I have a Korg Zero 4 for sale in the classfields, and it has an innofader. When I first installed said innofader, I couldn't get the crossfader curves to adjust. After upon further inspection, I noticed that I didn't setup the crossfader correctly internally via the connector boards. Naturally, I would think the fader curves would be the problem that your describing, but if the knobs nor the switches do anything, something is definitely wrong. It could be a firmware issue if he tried implementing a new firmware or a custom mapping via the Korg Control Editor.

When you say you cleaned it up a bit, did you open it up?
Immediately i thought this had something to do with the fader curves and went to change the curves but nothing happend. No matter how much i twist the curves for either the channel faders or the crossfader nothing changes.

hamholla
03-05-2012, 10:51 AM
thanks for the reply DJNR!

By cleaning it up I meant wiping it down and getting rid of dust that had accumulated on the top of the unit. It had sat on a shelf in the backroom of a bar for about a year and a half! =( I have not opened it up yet.

I have read online that it could be something done within the controller editor, but since i don't have a firewire cable laying around I have not been able to check it yet. I asked him if he had edited anything and he said no though. I really hope this is an easy fix. Probably going to pick up a firewire cable today.

hamholla
03-06-2012, 08:51 PM
FIXED IT!

borrowed my buddies firewire cable, updated the firmware and used the controller editor to reset the curves on the faders. I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!

=)

mars.shosh1n
03-09-2012, 07:48 PM
Good on ye hamholla. Now that you've got a cable, here's the scoop on the state of x64 drivers, should you ever need them: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=54371

I love my Korg gear, but damn you Korg for being such craptastically lame software developers.

l0ckd0wn
03-15-2012, 08:12 PM
Enjoy, after I get a little TLC done to my Zero4 it will be the center of my setup again. I'm liking this Denon MC 6000 I've replaced it with, but man all the inputs and routing of the Zero4 just keeps me coming back...

DJNR
03-15-2012, 09:03 PM
I love my Korg gear, but damn you Korg for being such craptastically lame software developers.

Honestly, with the limited run that the Zero 4 had, it doesn't surprise me there isn't very much in the way of software for it.