PDA

View Full Version : Funny DJ Trick (Over 200,000 hits on YouTube)

jay sauce
03-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Jay Sauce (AKA John-e Jay) shows you how to re-fuel a CDJ with a bottle of beer!

Supported by Laidback Luke, Wideboys, Danny Howard (Radio 1), Walterwall and many more...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4RlYL9ck6k

Download the audio file here -

http://soundcloud.com/jaysauce/funny-dj-trick-audio-file-see

DJNR
03-04-2012, 01:17 PM
Jay Sauce (AKA John-e Jay) shows you how to re-fuel a CDJ with a bottle of beer!

Download the audio file on the left hand menu here - http://www.jaysauce.co.uk/page10.php

I have seen this before, pretty funny stuff!

g-sep
03-04-2012, 01:23 PM
This would have been torn apart on the forums last year because it was a repost...but since we are starting new, good post :tup:

jay sauce
03-04-2012, 01:24 PM
lol, i agree... only put it back on here cos of the fresh start :)

akswun
03-07-2012, 02:18 PM
again?!!! WTF!(yes I'm complaining)... I still don't like the trick... I'm more amused if a dj is using his face or ass or elbow to push the cross fader.

RDRCK
03-07-2012, 02:46 PM
again?!!! WTF!(yes I'm complaining)... I still don't like the trick... I'm more amused if a dj is using his face or ass or elbow to push the cross fader.

Getting the timing correct would take practice and a bit of skill. There you go :shrug:

jay sauce
03-14-2012, 03:44 PM
Getting the timing correct would take practice and a bit of skill. There you go :shrug:

Thanks for the back-up bro! :)

Finnish_Fox
03-14-2012, 03:56 PM

Tend to agree... doesn't do much for me.

Skill? ...or just practice?

Thanks for the back-up bro! :)

Cheers on the creativity... not my thing but I can appreciate the showmanship.

RDRCK
03-14-2012, 03:59 PM
Skill? ...or just practice?

Well, since there are plenty of people who could fuck it up no matter how much they practiced it, I would say skill as well.

Also, skill is far more related to practice than it is to raw talent.

Finnish_Fox
03-14-2012, 04:25 PM
Well, since there are plenty of people who could fuck it up no matter how much they practiced it, I would say skill as well. Also, skill is far more related to practice than it is to raw talent.

Fair enough, I guess I don't view it as a skill so much... not like, say, scratching.

Either way, props to the guy for doing something a bit different. Doesn't do much for me, but I'm sure it drives the right crowd nuts.

jay sauce
03-15-2012, 08:59 AM
Getting the timing right with the actions & sound fx was a proper mission if im being honest and im sure a bit of luck was on my side lol. The idea of it was to bring some creativity to the competition. I appreciate all the feedback guys! maybe my next trick, I will use my ass to control the crossfader... lol! although i dont think i will get such a good response for that lol :)

Finnish_Fox
03-15-2012, 10:34 AM
Getting the timing right with the actions & sound fx was a proper mission if im being honest and im sure a bit of luck was on my side lol. The idea of it was to bring some creativity to the competition. I appreciate all the feedback guys! maybe my next trick, I will use my ass to control the crossfader... lol! although i dont think i will get such a good response for that lol :)

Nice work. I'm sure it was more difficult than it looked.

Well, we know one person that might enjoy your ass working the crossfader.

Have a good one!

DJ STU-C
04-10-2012, 05:04 AM
cheesy tracks, and i dont want to hear engine revving noises on a night out, if i did i would become a boy racer again.

also id find myself laughing more if he forgot the top was missing on the beer bottle and poured the contents on the cdj

mabalasik
04-12-2012, 03:21 PM
thats was cool at all! its a part of us to make the crowd! go hype and have fun

jay sauce
05-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Thanks bro! appreciate the support!

Defiance
05-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Competition I entered late last year, I did something similar to this. At the start of my set I use an engine turning over sound and used some keys to pretend to start my 'set' into motion. Once the engine started, I mixed in with AC/DC. That and mixing a country song in was the only thing people remembered about my set the rest of it was 'meh'

jay sauce
05-01-2012, 06:21 PM
Competition I entered late last year, I did something similar to this. At the start of my set I use an engine turning over sound and used some keys to pretend to start my 'set' into motion. Once the engine started, I mixed in with AC/DC. That and mixing a country song in was the only thing people remembered about my set the rest of it was 'meh'

Sounds quality bro! Gotta love a bit of AC/DC!!!

DjAaron
05-02-2012, 11:16 PM
would love to see a video of your whole set you did after that trick. It was pretty slick how you did it.

Kingbob182
05-03-2012, 01:03 AM
Entertaining. Which is what a DJ should be.
It's cool that people are opening their mind to different things and trying to stand out in the crowd. Good on him for this one.
It's still not overly skillful but it's not supposed to be. It's a joke. It's funny. It gets the crowd going and people probably remember his name for it.

M!TCH
05-03-2012, 11:55 AM
This would have been torn apart on the forums last year because it was a repost...but since we are starting new, good post :tup:

:stupid:

chrisromberg2012
05-24-2012, 02:35 AM
Wow that's a lovely song Fuck off is my response :) (http://www.sydney-djhire.com.au)

BlueLabel
06-10-2012, 12:31 AM
I like how the crowd was all like, boo this sucks, when the music stuttered. But then when nuts realizing it was
Part of the act. Could be a good way to easily switch genres I liked it, different and creative....reminds people there is an actual person picking the tracks and mixing them, not just a playlist going.

Atomisk
06-10-2012, 02:43 AM

Can we please re-tear it apart? I hate this video with a passion.

negativejeff
06-10-2012, 03:04 AM
don't like don't comment. Further more don't watch .. not like the title was a surprise if you already seen it.MHO nice one.

Hygro
06-10-2012, 09:05 AM
Randomly my favorite part was his programming, one that happens to mirror the order of tracks 4 and 5 of a CD my brother burned back in 1999

squirrelmaster
06-10-2012, 06:51 PM
Interesting... I think it's cool that there are people out there doing something very different.

Ashley Caveney
06-11-2012, 02:39 AM
i suppose its pretty cool :)
its something you'd have to time perfectly otherwise you would look an idiot!

jay sauce
06-13-2012, 07:48 PM
Thanks for the comments and support guys! Really appreciate it :)

thehadgi
06-13-2012, 07:57 PM
What'd be funnier is if a dj tries to do this and the cap comes off unintentionally

funny for us viewers at least :lol:

LeFresh
06-14-2012, 03:04 AM
What'd be funnier is if a dj tries to do this and the cap comes off unintentionally

I'd enjoy that.

Detruence
06-15-2012, 02:14 PM
entertaining piece to a set...but i agree with (someone), lets see the whole set!

ignore the haters too, its laughable that some would even try to clown on this for 'lack of skill'...gtfoh.

Wedding DJ
08-02-2012, 07:46 PM
I did have a good time watching that, being a Wedding DJ Sydney (http://weddingdjhire.com.au) and all

panagiwths1
08-29-2012, 09:58 AM

Download the audio file on the left hand menu here - http://www.jaysauce.co.uk/page10.php

Hello
Because this site doesnt work... and I need this audio file.. can anyone please reupload it to anywhere and send me the link???
Thank you

jay sauce
09-06-2012, 07:44 PM
Hello
Because this site doesnt work... and I need this audio file.. can anyone please reupload it to anywhere and send me the link???
Thank you

You can grab the audio file from here now mate...

http://soundcloud.com/jaysauce/funny-dj-trick-audio-file-see

DJ BONES
09-24-2012, 04:06 PM
Seen this posted on djf1

DJ BONES
09-24-2012, 04:10 PM
With the crowds i DJ, they would have stop listening an started chanting "kill the DJ" immediately...

ksonic
09-28-2012, 12:19 PM
I've actually had this in my CD binder for a while and I want to thank you, Jay Sauce, for a great idea and sound file! I edited mine a bit, but still, I want to thank you for giving me a tool to re-fill an empty floor!

Also I can't tell you how hilarious it is to have the sound guy come rushing over thinking that you broke something!

jay sauce
10-01-2012, 03:55 PM
I've actually had this in my CD binder for a while and I want to thank you, Jay Sauce, for a great idea and sound file! I edited mine a bit, but still, I want to thank you for giving me a tool to re-fill an empty floor!

Also I can't tell you how hilarious it is to have the sound guy come rushing over thinking that you broke something!

Thanks mate, really appreciate the feedback and support :)

djromanj
10-03-2012, 03:31 AM
first time seeing this trick. I think it's pretty creative.

DJhalf
10-06-2012, 09:11 PM
Always great to see it again.

djslik
10-08-2012, 05:18 PM
Now that's pretty funny, wonder if deadmau5 used this to inspire his windows bluescreen of death bit in his sets.