PDA

View Full Version : Battle Voting House + Electro Mini tourney - JordanClayton vs Zakalak

JonAvalon
03-04-2012, 12:02 PM
Mix 1 (http://www.djfbattles.com/battles/JordanClayton-vs-Zakalak-houseelectrotourney-1.mp3)

Mix 2 (http://www.djfbattles.com/battles/JordanClayton-vs-Zakalak-houseelectrotourney-2.mp3)

Rules:
1. No mixing after 20min mark
2. No EFX

Smallz
03-04-2012, 04:55 PM
I really liked mix 2's track selection, but the mixing was a lot crisper in mix 1. Mix 1 had better incorporation of House and Electro. My vote goes to mix 1.

Good job to both you guys!

zakalak
03-04-2012, 05:49 PM
Good luck Jordan

Funkyfader
03-06-2012, 07:55 AM
better track selection on mix 2,sloppy transitions though,mix 1 was kinda boring so i go with mix 2

aceBTH
03-10-2012, 12:31 AM
loved first track and the housey feel
however lost energy after first track
maybe if started with 2nd track would have worked better as it built into 3rd well
move from house to electro was fairly abrupt, would have liked to see a less full on electro house track to bridge the gap
didn't really like the transition into mush mush
out of mush mush was good could have left it in longer.
energy jumped around a bit mush mush is full on and probably suited towards end of mix.
progressive track I loved ! it worked okay but it was another abrupt change in energy.
I like mixes to either progress from a slow more chilled start or start with a bang chill in middle then go out with high energy. Your mix seemed to kind of go Up Down Up Down

2. flowed better energy was good throughout .. more electro house rather than house and electro
song selection overall better but should have finished stronger I can at least see that 1 was trying to finish in a specific way

overall both entertaining mixes. I'm going to give it to mix 1 as it incorporated more House and had a better ending.

moyo wilde
03-10-2012, 05:43 AM
just listened to both i think the biggest difference between these two discs was sequencing and track selection. both had a couple of hiccups in the mix dept. mix one had one at 9:52 the incoming song was brought in really abrubtly and mix 2 missed a drop and brought the bass back in after forget where.

over all i think i am going with mix two just felt less jarring. again better sequenincing and tracks that more complement each other. good luck guys.

Clayton
03-10-2012, 10:10 AM
Thanks guys.
Repped all who have voted.

JeremyJ
03-10-2012, 01:17 PM
I felt that both of the mixes had some good points. It really boiled down to track selection for me. I think mix 2 had a better track selection, but it wasn't mixed as well. Ultimately, I had to go with mix 2 in the end.

mix4fix
03-13-2012, 03:23 AM
Mix #2.

Clayton
03-19-2012, 12:12 PM
Thank you for voting people