PDA

View Full Version : When switching to "wide" on your cdj and pushing the tempo to zero.....

Somedj
03-04-2012, 03:52 AM
.... if you leave it at the aforementioned position and attempt to bring in another track on the same cdj... it will not play.... LOL! DOH! Yea, so I definitely did this tonight. Had me thinking something was failing with my ssl, and it was my own fault. I even threw a track in and went "int" for a second, because I thought my ssl was screwed and not seeing my right side cdj.

Thats what 5 redbull/vodkas will do to your cranium.... lol :teef:

DJNR
03-04-2012, 03:55 AM
.... if you leave it at the aforementioned position and attempt to bring in another track on the same cdj... it will not play.... LOL! DOH! Yea, so I definitely did this tonight. Had me thinking something was failing with my ssl, and it was my own fault. I even threw a track in and went "int" for a second, because I thought my ssl was screwed and not seeing my right side cdj.

Thats what 5 redbull/vodkas will do to your cranium.... lol :teef:

Well done. :lol:

Somedj
03-04-2012, 10:00 AM
yea, its moments like these (that a normal bar/club goer doesnt realize happens) that makes our jobs humorous sometimes... :) I would have paid money to have seen the look of frustration on my own face at that moment.... hahaha

DJNR
03-04-2012, 01:34 PM
I went to a club once and I had never used CDJs. I took my control CDs and set everything up and it was all good. What I didn't know though is that Track 2 on the control CD had a limited amount of time on it (duh) and it ran out and the music just stopped...

:eek3dance:

ampnation
03-04-2012, 01:54 PM
I went to a club once and I had never used CDJs. I took my control CDs and set everything up and it was all good. What I didn't know though is that Track 2 on the control CD had a limited amount of time on it (duh) and it ran out and the music just stopped...

I never thought about this, but even with Track 1... This would be a very rare instance, but suppose I had a computer file that was really really long and I didn't want to play the whole thing, but did want to access something at the 100 minute mark, I wouldn't be able to with a timecode system? And I'm guessing with HID this isn't a problem?

DJNR
03-04-2012, 02:26 PM
I never thought about this, but even with Track 1... This would be a very rare instance, but suppose I had a computer file that was really really long and I didn't want to play the whole thing, but did want to access something at the 100 minute mark, I wouldn't be able to with a timecode system? And I'm guessing with HID this isn't a problem?

You would navigate farther into the track on your computer would be my guess :shrug:

Track 1 is a library scrolling track for Traktor.

ampnation
03-04-2012, 02:39 PM
You would navigate farther into the track on your computer would be my guess :shrug:

Track 1 is a library scrolling track for Traktor.

So you can start at the beginning of the timecode track even though you're not at the beginning of the track on the computer? I had CDJ400's at one point and never used timecodes, thus the confusion/curiosity.

DJNR
03-04-2012, 02:40 PM
So you can start at the beginning of the timecode track even though you're not at the beginning of the track on the computer? I had CDJ400's at one point and never used timecodes, thus the confusion/curiosity.

Yeah. You can use relative mode rather than absolute.

Era 7
03-04-2012, 04:14 PM
Yeah. You can use relative mode rather than absolute.

this. but as it does not read the absolute position of the track anymore, your cue bottons become useless. i only use absolute mode since i was used to playing with CDs and only use the DVS because i got sick of burning them. ^^

DJNR
03-04-2012, 04:20 PM
this. but as it does not read the absolute position of the track anymore, your cue bottons become useless. i only use absolute mode since i was used to playing with CDs and only use the DVS because i got sick of burning them. ^^

Never used the cue button because I used the cues I set within Traktor.

Era 7
03-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Never used the cue button because I used the cues I set within Traktor.

^^ like i said it is somewhat being used to using them. if you never used them you probably won't miss them.