PDA

View Full Version : New mixer i need help

erski12
03-04-2012, 02:49 AM
so i purchased a new Behringer vmx1000 usb, im wondering what dj software is compatable with this, also i kno this sounds dumb but im confused, is a soundcard an extra piece of equip or does my laptop already have one the only thing is i know my hp runs srs premium sound
please please please reply thanks

DJNR
03-04-2012, 02:54 AM
so i purchased a new Behringer vmx1000 usb, im wondering what dj software is compatable with this, also i kno this sounds dumb but im confused, is a soundcard an extra piece of equip or does my laptop already have one the only thing is i know my hp runs srs premium sound
please please please reply thanks

Well according to their website, the USB is for recording, so I'm not sure any software works with it really other than what you can download off Behringer's site. Since there is no native DJ software that is provided, you could always go out and buy a program if you needed one.

Your laptop does already have a soundcard, however some software programs like Serato Scratch Live require you to have their sound card to use the software to its full potential; scratch functionality for example. Another thing worth mentioning is that often times laptops have one input and one output which isn't enough to have audio playing from your computer and to cue tracks.

Lost Connection
03-04-2012, 04:21 AM
If I'm right, then it is how DJNR said about the usb, you would need a midi capable mixer and your behringer is not. The usb is for recording. A separate midi controller and/or DVS would work, depending on your setup/wants concerning turntable/cd player/software only setup.

erski12
03-04-2012, 04:47 AM
i would like to have a software only with ability to use an external mixer, i really apreciate the advice and help, i beleive im going to be returning some equip haha, if you could give me some suggestions on a mixer and some software i should get it would be much apreciated, what do you think about gemeni

Synergy
03-04-2012, 08:27 AM
Allen & Heath DB4. Hands down.

DJNR
03-04-2012, 01:04 PM
Allen & Heath DB4. Hands down.

Uh well, if he wants to spend over $2400 then sure, that would be an excellent option.

i would like to have a software only with ability to use an external mixer, i really apreciate the advice and help, i beleive im going to be returning some equip haha, if you could give me some suggestions on a mixer and some software i should get it would be much apreciated, what do you think about gemeni

I would say no to Gemini. They generally don't produce good equipment.

It's hard to say what you should get considering you haven't really told us much. I know you want to use an external mixer, but what software do you want to run? There's all sorts of mixers out there, but for the sole purpose of running an external mixer, the ones that are certified with a specific program typically are the best. For example, the DB4 mentioned above has a Traktor Scratch Certification that allows you to activate Traktor's scratch functionality with simply that mixer rather than have to buy an external sound card or interface.

If you are interested, I have a Korg Zero 4 that is Traktor Scratch Certified that can be used well as an external mixer. I would be happy to explain it to you.

Post back with a little more details as to exactly what you want, and I will do my best to help you find the best option. :)

Manu
03-05-2012, 07:49 AM
so i purchased a new Behringer vmx1000 usb, im wondering what dj software is compatable with this,

Always do the research before making the purchase.

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/VMX1000USB.aspx

Built-in USB interface for recording and playback of any digital music file. Works with your PC or Mac computer—no setup or drivers required
Massive software bundle including Audacity vinyl restoration and recording, Podifier and Golden Ear podcasting software downloadable at www.behringer.com

http://www.engagingagents.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/cart_before_the_horse.jpg