PDA

View Full Version : vestax pcv 275 fader broken, help!

dannyboy uk
03-03-2012, 05:25 PM
i was having a mix and the contacts on the bottom of the fader came loose and scratched the fuck out of the circuit and killed it, gutted big time!

basically i was wondering if upfaders are interchangeable, ie would i be abe to put pioneer djm faders in it?
cos they feel amazing compared to mine, so much smoother, my pcv faders have loads of resistance to them, well they did until they broke :/

djpenguin
03-03-2012, 06:32 PM
No, faders are not universally interchangeable between brands of mixers. I believe the proper Vestax replacement part is IF-27, but you should probably double-check the manual (http://help.vestax.co.jp/en/usr_data/file/manual/pdf_mixer_manuals/VOM-PCV-275E.pdf?phpMyAdmin=tH9NxP5-lAJTEZ74Ryv97RVKIp2) before buying anything.

If your faders are too stiff, use DeOxit D5 Faderlube spray to loosen them up.

dannyboy uk
03-04-2012, 09:12 AM
yea ive got some lube for em and they still werent half as smooth as my mates djm700 faders, and he never cleans them.
maybe its cos my mixer was second hand and they were just worn

i heard u can fit panny and giles faders in the vestax but not sure, are there any easy mods to upgrade the faders?

djpenguin
03-04-2012, 12:14 PM
Not that I'm aware of. Any fader that physically can fit into the mixer and has the correct electrical specs can be wired up to work with the mixer, but it's not a simple task.

dannyboy uk
03-04-2012, 12:49 PM
ahh shame :/ oh well hopefully the new one will be smoother, i think it was just cos theyre old, cheers anyways bud