PDA

View Full Version : Peavey IPR 5000,7500 are you ready?

unsafe8989
03-03-2012, 01:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5MLaepRi_I

I will pick up two 7500's as soon as they hit the streets look at them!!! they IPR 3000's Has no guts compared to these!!!

Incognito
03-03-2012, 01:57 AM
Believe it when you see it on the shelves, people are still waiting for the IPR 6000 to hit the streets. Though it looks like Peavey has now pulled the IPR 6000 from their product line up, even though it never made it past vaporware.

windspeed36
03-03-2012, 03:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5MLaepRi_I

I will pick up two 7500's as soon as they hit the streets look at them!!! they IPR 3000's Has no guts compared to these!!!
They've got no guts compared to my LA-8's :P

GaFFLe
03-03-2012, 07:47 AM
I'm sure these would be great for backup (to my Crown MA-12000i) but I'm sure they've got no ass when it comes to driving subs. I just can't seem to take this IPR line seriously because these amps don't even look serious... with all of their glow-in-the-dark logos and LED illumination. Is it an amp or part-time lighting effect?

Incognito
03-03-2012, 11:24 AM
I'm sure these would be great for backup (to my Crown MA-12000i) but I'm sure they've got no ass when it comes to driving subs. I just can't seem to take this IPR line seriously because these amps don't even look serious... with all of their glow-in-the-dark logos and LED illumination. Is it an amp or part-time lighting effect?

LEVLHED uses a pair of the IPR 3000 in retrofit bridged mode to drive his Growlers & seems to think they really do perform well on subs. As for the aesthetics I do agree that it is on the cheap looking side however it's something I would live with since it's not that bad looking, the built in lighting effects isn't for everyone & Peavey should offer an off switch for the lights ( a DIY mod adding a kill switch is an option for those with the skills) though Peavey should of made the amps to have the lights to at least turn off when the amp is turned off.

All in all I do see room for small improvements on this line of amps but if they do deliver the power at this budget level I can't really see too much room for complaint. If I was to pick up any of these amps it would be for back up & I would spring the little extra for the version with the basic built in DSP then install a bypass switch for the lights.

unsafe8989
03-03-2012, 11:48 AM
They've got no guts compared to my LA-8's :P

But are they Digital at &7lbs!or 10lbs?

unsafe8989
03-03-2012, 11:49 AM

They beat the shit out of my subs !!

ampnation
03-03-2012, 12:48 PM
I haven't heard anything but positive from people who have used the IPR. "It has to be big and heavy" is just applying what is known from the past. Go back to the early 80's and people would have been hesitant to believe the type of power/weight ratio that is common today. I haven't heard anyone claim the IPR exceed the very best for sub duty, but if that's your goal, you'll pay quite a bit more regardless of weight.

windspeed36
03-03-2012, 04:48 PM
But are they Digital at &7lbs!or 10lbs?

Mine way in at around 24lbs each but I don't mind because they're in there own amp racks 3 amps + patching system + power supply so they way in at around 210lbs. But they have Ethernet and AES as well as XLR connections.

unsafe8989
03-03-2012, 06:39 PM
Mine way in at around 24lbs each but I don't mind because they're in there own amp racks 3 amps + patching system + power supply so they way in at around 210lbs. But they have Ethernet and AES as well as XLR connections.

Sounds nice how about a few pictures or videos?

windspeed36
03-03-2012, 06:45 PM
Sounds nice how about a few pictures or videos?

I'll see what I can do about some video of them, just don't normally get to use them much at them moment. - here's a few photo's of them from RatSound.
http://www.prosoundweb.com/images/photos/ratk-1/SingleRack.jpg
http://www.prosoundweb.com/images/photos/ratk-1/BackRack.jpg
http://www.ratsound.com/cblog/uploads/2008_12_LA8.jpg

Mine are slightly different because they are the Australian version with a different type of 3 phase connector

They're really beasty amps - 4 x 1800w at 4ohm or 4 x 1100w at 8ohm

unsafe8989
03-03-2012, 08:51 PM
I'll see what I can do about some video of them, just don't normally get to use them much at them moment. - here's a few photo's of them from RatSound.
http://www.prosoundweb.com/images/photos/ratk-1/SingleRack.jpg
http://www.prosoundweb.com/images/photos/ratk-1/BackRack.jpg
http://www.ratsound.com/cblog/uploads/2008_12_LA8.jpg

Mine are slightly different because they are the Australian version with a different type of 3 penis connector

They're really beasty amps - 4 x 1800w at 4ohm or 4 x 1100w at 8ohm

They look amazing !!! Hope you make a video soon.

DJ LEVLHED
03-04-2012, 11:42 AM
I have no complaints about the IPR3000's except for the really bright blue lighting. Someone I trust did a head to head on subs vs. an RMX2450 and was surprised to find the IPR wins. I know from my experience they work better on sub duty than the XTi4000, but then those are known to not be the best choice for subs anyway.

Incognito
03-04-2012, 12:08 PM
You guys are lucky in the States, the Peavey IPR 3000 sells for $900 here locally for the base none DSP version though that's still a lot cheaper then any other pro grade offerings in this performance range available here.

ampnation
03-04-2012, 12:46 PM
You guys are lucky in the States, the Peavey IPR 3000 sells for $900 he locally for the base none DSP version though that's still a lot cheaper then any other pro grade offerings in this performance range.

<tangential rant>
So about 2x the MAP in the U.S. if I'm reading everything right. Are you sure your location is correct? Island Paradise? Sounds more like Island Hell to me.

Whether you think about it on a day to day basis, I'm sure you know the reason for your higher prices. It isn't because it costs $450 to ship a 7 lb. amp. It isn't because your retailer has no competition and can charge what they like. And it is unlikely it's because rents are so much higher there.

It's because there's a gang running a protection racket extorting money from everyone involved... the importer, the distributor, the people who transport the goods along the way, and of course the retailer. Like any gang, if someone along that line fails to pay their protection money, the gang might send a friendly reminder at first but if they continue to try to get away with such disrespect, they'll send men with guns to kidnap you. If everyone refused to pay the gang, they would eventually either give up or have nobody left to extort from.

But people generally don't think of this gang in the same hateful terms as the mafia because this is the gang with a flag outside their building calling themselves government.

And don't get me wrong. The U.S. has their own gang who have themselves been busy becoming more and more ruthless lately so this is in no way me pointing to you and saying, "You guys suck." The awful thing is, most people here still think we have a Constitution protecting us from the thugs.
</tangential rant>

unsafe8989
03-04-2012, 01:02 PM
I have no complaints about the IPR3000's except for the really bright blue lighting. Someone I trust did a head to head on subs vs. an RMX2450 and was surprised to find the IPR wins. I know from my experience they work better on sub duty than the XTi4000, but then those are known to not be the best choice for subs anyway.

I've heard that as well, that its a winner against the RMX2450 a friend of mine has a pair im gonna hit him up and see if he wants to try my rack out.

Incognito
03-04-2012, 01:14 PM
<tangential rant>
So about 2x the MAP in the U.S. if I'm reading everything right. Are you sure your location is correct? Island Paradise? Sounds more like Island Hell to me.

Whether you think about it on a day to day basis, I'm sure you know the reason for your higher prices. It isn't because it costs $450 to ship a 7 lb. amp. It isn't because your retailer has no competition and can charge what they like. And it is unlikely it's because rents are so much higher there.

It's because there's a gang running a protection racket extorting money from everyone involved... the importer, the distributor, the people who transport the goods along the way, and of course the retailer. Like any gang, if someone along that line fails to pay their protection money, the gang might send a friendly reminder at first but if they continue to try to get away with such disrespect, they'll send men with guns to kidnap you. If everyone refused to pay the gang, they would eventually either give up or have nobody left to extort from.

But people generally don't think of this gang in the same hateful terms as the mafia because this is the gang with a flag outside their building calling themselves government.

And don't get me wrong. The U.S. has their own gang who have themselves been busy becoming more and more ruthless lately so this is in no way me pointing to you and saying, "You guys suck." The awful thing is, most people here still think we have a Constitution protecting us from the thugs.
</tangential rant>
Sometimes 3 to 4 times the U.S. listed price, we just beat the governments attempt to raise import duties up by another 13% to 29% (depending on the goods) about a week ago with in the end the increase being 2.75% to 19% (depending on the goods). Though the import duty of cars & boats are unheard of, 100%.

My argument to the local retailers all the time is how can I as an individual be able to get the same items their selling for as little as 1/4 (sometimes even larger savings) then what they sell the exact same items for (even after I pay the high shipping import duty & taxes, keeping in mind that retailers ship via container & get bulk discounts & get import duty & tax breaks that the average citizen can't get ). Greed & monopolies rule all things here, the local wholesale outlets order electronics from basic places like Amazon.com or building supplies from Home Depo, Lowes, etc. (rather then from a dealer who they can get large volume discounts from) then mark those prices up a couple fold. Don't get me started on the utilities here with laws in place to protect their monopolies & high costs. (& yes, our dollar is locked to the U.S. dollar for a 1:1 exchange ever since we devalued our currency by giving up the British Pound to attract the American tourist a couple decades ago)

ampnation
03-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Incognito - mind me asking what island?

Incognito
03-04-2012, 01:53 PM
Incognito - mind me asking what island?
Bermuda

GaFFLe
03-04-2012, 03:23 PM
LEVLHED uses a pair of the IPR 3000 in retrofit bridged mode to drive his Growlers & seems to think they really do perform well on subs. ..

Is this a case of him only hearing the subs with his IPR amp and having no other equivalent amp for reference? I'd be a believer if someone were to do a head-to-head comparison. I just think that the big boys of the industry would have made this ultra-light technology before Peavey.

unsafe8989
03-04-2012, 03:30 PM
What is retro fit bridge?

Incognito
03-04-2012, 04:09 PM
[QUOTE=GaFFLe;34899. I just think that the big boys of the industry would have made this ultra-light technology before Peavey.[/QUOTE]
What & miss out on the chance to over charge on a product & thus limiting their profit margin? Really though there are a number of low cost amps on the market, the GX series from QSC, any Behringer amp, etc.

Incognito
03-04-2012, 04:10 PM
What is retro fit bridge?

It's the term I call the jerry-rigged set up for getting these amps to unofficially bridge.

DJ LEVLHED
03-05-2012, 08:37 AM
It was a head to head - my IPR3000 vs. his RMX2450. If it wasn't I wouldn't have bothered mentioning it.

DJ LEVLHED
03-05-2012, 08:39 AM
I've heard that as well, that its a winner against the RMX2450 a friend of mine has a pair im gonna hit him up and see if he wants to try my rack out.

You probably heard that from me on another forum.

unsafe8989
03-05-2012, 09:17 AM
It was a head to head - my IPR3000 vs. his RMX2450. If it wasn't I wouldn't have bothered mentioning it.

Nice did it have more thump or a deeper feel?

unsafe8989
03-05-2012, 09:19 AM
You probably heard that from me on another forum.

Yes I think BFM Forums.

GaFFLe
03-09-2012, 01:06 AM
Crest Audio's lightweight amp version: http://www.crestaudio.com/news/article.cfm/action/view/id/561

This is a much more serious looking amp. Not sure how the line compares head-to-head.

unsafe8989
03-09-2012, 09:26 AM
Crest Audio's lightweight amp version: http://www.crestaudio.com/news/article.cfm/action/view/id/561

This is a much more serious looking amp. Not sure how the line compares head-to-head.

Those amps look sexy i wish The IPR's were black and with these LED's the amp would look insane.

djfaceatl
03-09-2012, 10:34 AM
If I remember correctly, doesnt Peavey own Crest Audio now???
Could be the same amp with a few mods

Incognito
03-09-2012, 02:14 PM
If I remember correctly, doesnt Peavey own Crest Audio now???
Could be the same amp with a few mods

Yep, but not the same amps though they may borrow on the same technology.

GaFFLe
03-09-2012, 05:25 PM
These IPR amps do seem very viable because of the cost and power claims but if the Crest AUdio ProLite amps had the equivalent power, I wouldn't even glance at the IPR's. The IPR's honestly look like something Phonic, Kraco, Boss, or Pyramid would put out... straight out of a flea market.

One of ya'll with subs should go ahead and get the IPR 7500 and report back on its performance.

Incognito
03-09-2012, 05:35 PM
These IPR amps do seem very viable because of the cost and power claims but if the Crest AUdio ProLite amps had the equivalent power, I wouldn't even glance at the IPR's. The IPR's honestly look like something Phonic, Kraco, Boss, or Pyramid would put out... straight out of a flea market.

One of ya'll with subs should go ahead and get the IPR 7500 and report back on its performance.
Really though if aesthetics is the only short coming of the the amp in general then for the given price to performance ratio it still works out to be a great deal. I agree a first hand review of the IPR 7500 on sub duty would be nice, I do expect a lack of options that we have become accustomed to being standard on amps to be a cost savings measure on the amp but I would like a raw performance & reliability review on this new up coming amp (if it ever gets released that is).

unsafe8989
03-09-2012, 05:52 PM

Aye ya Captin. If there released.