PDA

View Full Version : Getting my name out there! Finally :]

DJ Headkick
03-02-2012, 10:54 PM
So, I've been in my bedroom for 2 years now, but recently, after forgetting about it a billion times, I finally wandered down to a local bar, Mad Dawg's, for their weekly Tuesday parties. After talking with the promoter, he set me up for an opening spot. My practicing paid off, the promo and the other DJs were really impressed! :D I proceeded to ask the promo if I could get a real spot, and he gave me a thumbs up. I'll be playing there at 10P the end of April. :D

In the meantime, I'd been nervous as hell about sending my demo to the local monthly UK Hardcore party, Hard Hits. I went to hang out with my cousin, a regular there today. He basically told me "Dude, you're pretty good. Just record a mix right here, right now, you don't have to be nervous," and so I took my CDs out and went at it. I have to say, I'm pretty satisfied with the result! My cousin's gonna toss the mix at the other regulars, and we're gonna see if I can get in! :teef:

Mixlink - http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?2924-UK-Hardcore-Hour-long-demo

Being an anxious guy, I'm as nervous as hell about getting the yes/no, hah. My mind is walking around its little room like a motherfucker, hence what may be poorly-punctuated paragraphs here. But it seems like I'm really on the start to getting my name out there. I mean, hell, if Hard Hits likes me, that opens the doors for me to get my names out to other local promoters! 8D

Nervous-excited-nervous-excited etc, etc. Congratulations for me? I dunno O_0

MeowMix
03-03-2012, 08:15 AM
You have nothing to lose so no reason to be nervous.

Jason Cerna
03-03-2012, 10:03 AM
good luck. its not all puppies and unicorns out there.

phnetk
03-03-2012, 01:26 PM
First of all, most definitely congratulations. Unless you want to be stuck in your bedroom till rapture hits then you've taken the first steps towards becoming a "real DJ".

Now you've torn off the bandage and talked to bars/promoters, why don't you go and talk to a few more? Like Meowmix said, you've got nothing to lose. :D

Redcon-1
03-03-2012, 01:34 PM
Congrats man! Go out there and kill it!

I've been spinning about 2.5 years, and i feel like i'm ready to get out there also, but i have no idea in hell where i could spin my style :(