PDA

View Full Version : Tough Mudder vid I edited for M!tch's charity

thehadgi
07-26-2013, 09:49 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tSjo6MUu2iw

M!tch on here runs a pretty badass charity that focuses on getting donations/sponsorships for some organizations that members will run for. The above video Mitch took on his gopro, and reached out to me for some video editing. Feel free to take a watch, and let me know if you have any projects you're looking for video assistance with. I'm not an expert, but I enjoy working with footage.

And yes, there are two members
Here that have messages me, and don't worry I still got your stuff even though its been a while and I still haven't done anything. Ill get to it soon :P

Anyways yeah his non-profit's here:
http://www.onedollaronestickonemile.org/

thehadgi
07-26-2013, 09:49 PM
Won't play on mobile platforms tho because the music I used. Sorry bout that :/

Blue Shoes
07-26-2013, 10:12 PM
about to head off to work but watched the first few mins and will try to remember to watch the end when I get a chance. Looks nicely done from what I've seen. Not covered in cheesy effects but some nice speed ups and (from what I heard so far) a good choice of music.

Nice of you to do some work for M!tch!

:D

thehadgi
07-27-2013, 05:18 PM
about to head off to work but watched the first few mins and will try to remember to watch the end when I get a chance. Looks nicely done from what I've seen. Not covered in cheesy effects but some nice speed ups and (from what I heard so far) a good choice of music.

Nice of you to do some work for M!tch!

:D

Yeah did it about 4 nights, tried to avoid cheesy effects most people seem to do with gopro videos. Still snuck some magic bullet 'looks' color effects in there a couple places though :P

And video was a bit more stuttery, even during the real time shots because I had Mitch shoot everything in 720p 59.94 fps (which is why the slow mo looks better than just normally trying to slow down standard footage). Down converting 60fps to 23.976 drops frames, and makes it look more stuttery than usual. There are frame blending techniques to minimize this, but I didn't end up going that far into editing. I originally planned on using more super-slow-mo like of that guy jumping up onto the obstacle about halfway through the race, but it ended up that most of the shots fared well enough with standard time slowing in premiere that I didn't bother loading up Twixtor on every slow motion shot. A lot of shots wouldn't have worked with the plugin anyway :P

Hat off to Mitch for more than adequately satisfying my request for as many shots as he could take for me to organize into a video for editing haha. There are some minor linear flaws that people running the race will have noticed, concerning the time placement of certain shots, but most people would t notice. And he did a good job giving me a good variety of shots; race shots, landscape shots, team shots, etc. it was good.

Oh and lastly yeah here's the track list:

I picked the first two because those were actually the songs playing through the speakers at the race at one point, so it was probably a cool memory jog for the participants watching. And the 'Coloris' track is one of my favorites tracks of all time too, y'all need to check it out :music: I thought 'Swoon' would make a nice bit for the finish, and the rest I kinda just threw in there to lighten the mood during the interviews.

Anyways yeah, kudos to Mitch for letting me make this one!

thehadgi
07-27-2013, 05:20 PM
And oh yeah, there is a epic booty in there at 0:35 if you look to the left :love:

Marc S
07-28-2013, 02:24 AM
nice work.

M!TCH
07-29-2013, 12:49 PM
Huge thanks to Alan for putting this together for us. It was really fun to see all the footage cut down in a more meaningful view with better action shots than just people walking/running. Thanks for the tip from Marc with regards to no filming the entire time. I am glad I brought an extra battery as I think shooting at the faster frame rate sucked down the battery and it was dead mid race.

thehadgi
07-29-2013, 01:21 PM
Thanks for the tip from Marc with regards to no filming the entire time.

Thanks too Marc, that would've been quite a bit to look through lol