PDA

View Full Version : ** Site Development Update **

Will MaXimal
07-24-2013, 01:35 PM
Hey everyone,

I wanted to take some time to write this up as I know many of you have been feeling irritated that your feedback has not been acknowledged. It is fair to feel this way, especially since we have a section that is for sharing feedback. The feedback section is very important as it helps better the forum experience between you, the members and the interface here on the site. With that being said, I am going to share some information that most of you already know, but at the same time ask for your understanding and patience.

So Basically...

As many of you know, djforums.com is not a commercial/corporate operating site. We have a few banner ads to help with operating costs but that is it. All maintenance and updates are taken care of by our administrators. They are the only ones with the ability to access the required areas to do so.

But Why...

We all remember the big site crash that took place. The demise of DJF 1.0 was because one of our administrators was not able to take care of our server. This resulted in the ultimate downtime and crash of the site. All data was lost. The focus around the second launch was tightening up the leadership structure which gave us a better grip on operations.

And Now...

A part of the charm around DJF is that the site is owned and operated by enthusiasts. We have a pretty open atmosphere here and a lot of great people. Unfortunately, some of those great people (our administrators) have had to pull back from the site because of events unfolding in their personal lives. I will not go into major detail but I assure you the lack of progress here has not been the result of a lack in interest.

Currently, we are exploring adjustments that will allow for better feedback response, attention to issues/bugs/updates and maybe even ways of introducing more content. We ask that you remain patient and know that even though no one is responding, we are seeing and taking notes.

Negativity will not make this process work any faster or anymore efficient.

Thank you again for all of the feedback and for helping make this place so great :D

Sigma
07-24-2013, 07:44 PM
You should change your name to "The Gimp".

Era 7
07-25-2013, 01:53 AM
i was about to make an angry post in "general" when i read this :lol: thanks for the update :tup:

Will MaXimal
07-25-2013, 12:46 PM
You should change your name to "The Gimp".

http://www.namastechildrensfund.org/images/1-Namaste.jpg

i was about to make an angry post in "general" when i read this :lol: thanks for the update :tup:

I am glad you didn't! :D

Appreciate the patience and again, to put it simply... Life Happens. Given the sites track record, this is just a small hiccup.

Sigma
09-03-2013, 05:18 PM
This thread was started 6 weeks ago. Some of the changes/updates that people have proposed on here would take literally minutes to sort out.

Is there actually any discussion going on behind the scenes? Any plans to improve the site at all? I think one of the following needs to happen: -

1. The admins need to get their acts in gear.

2. The admins need to give the required powers to someone else who is here regularly and is capable and willing to sort things out.

3. The admins need to say "we can't be arsed with improving the site, so it's staying as it is". <---This, I suspect, is the truth of the matter, because I have seen no evidence to the contrary in months.

thehadgi
09-06-2013, 07:25 PM
Dunno if something here changed, or maybe my tapatalk, but I could load new threads for the past couple days :eek: but I removed DJF from my tapatalk app, then added it back in and now it works. So... :shrug: lol. Just in case anyone else's tapatalk wasn't loading

Sigma
10-12-2013, 05:07 PM
Someone should really make a new DJ forum that uses modern forum software, doesn't have ads or any paid-for bullshit, has a much better layout, is updated regularly, and is changed for the better based on regular feedback from users. If only I knew someone capable of doing that.....

Baller95
10-12-2013, 05:14 PM
I could pretty easily too but it'll take forever to grow and I already run another forum :P

DTR
10-13-2013, 03:30 AM
Someone should really make a new DJ forum that uses modern forum software, doesn't have ads or any paid-for bullshit, has a much better layout, is updated regularly, and is changed for the better based on regular feedback from users. If only I knew someone capable of doing that.....

Just my opinion, but forums like you described probably already exist, but yet we all keep coming back here. Why? Because a forum is defined by its members, not what version of vBulletin it uses.

Sigma
10-24-2013, 05:51 PM
There's lots of people that haven't come back after DJF re-opened. Earlier today, there was a 9 hour gap between the last post in the General DJ forum and the latest post. Setting up a site and thinking "this will do based on history" is dumb. Huge sites die all the time as people are quite willing to shift to better ones.