PDA

View Full Version : Music You Make When -

AdrianR
07-22-2013, 09:42 PM
Music you make when your banned from Dj Forums :D And music you'd probably get banned for making ;)

https://i3.sndcdn.com/artworks-000052961869-r1c7ow-large.jpg?5ffe3cd

https://soundcloud.com/spiceoflifeentertainment/sets/2-bit-techno-industry-ep

MarcusB
07-22-2013, 09:49 PM
Reminds me of some older stuff of Platipus. I can dig it.

AdrianR
07-22-2013, 09:52 PM
I used to love that label years ago. Back in the golden days :D

Adzm00
07-23-2013, 05:05 AM
Oh noes, it's back!

You should get banned more often.

AdrianR
07-23-2013, 11:03 AM
LoL! Actually mate, I literally only came back to post that up for you to see what you thought? (If anything.) Your the only credible Techno head around. I'm not going to participate in this, farce of a community. Too many DJs, too little restecpah :P

thehadgi
07-23-2013, 11:17 AM
oh hai adrian

AdrianR
07-23-2013, 11:20 AM
Ok and you to :P I'm sure theres one or two others I forgot :D

disparate
07-24-2013, 05:00 AM
I'd like to call myself a "credible techno head", it might be debatable though...

Adzm00
07-24-2013, 05:25 AM
You call it credible, others call it elitism.

I actually quite like all the percussion etc.

Personally I’d change the baseline but I like all the percs and random noises etc, nice sound.

AdrianR
07-24-2013, 08:44 AM
Percs are my strong point but I'm not used to making the new sound of Techno. Its the techno I hated when it came out. I'm very, old school Techno. But the old school, harder sound turned into like, Schranz and so that middle ground I used to love, well, forgot me :( .. But yeah, remember before I got banned the song with my friends vocals out of whack? Thats the 2nd song. Basically I got a Deep House project I need to start real soon so needed to finish this so knocked up song 1 on the Ep in like a day just to be able to put it out so I could start the next Deep House project. (Didn't want to leave something unfinished before I started a new project.) Make sure you buy it in August :P

Adzm00
07-26-2013, 10:09 AM
My advice would be to sack off making anything but techno. If you send decent shit my way I will play it at the clubs here.

Just make some shit avicii "electro" under an alias or something to make some £££ ;)

The new techno sound I love though, I've just started writing an article about it for my blog, and Jon Rundell (Intec/Space, Ibiza) talked about it briefly in an interview we did with him last month, I love it basically because it's not minimal, but it's not so super fast and hard us older crew get tired after an hour of dancing to it, yet it can still be pretty intense, it can be funky, it can be housey, it can be very electro, I am beginning to think it is actually almost a perfect combination of sound and speed.

AdrianR
07-26-2013, 05:47 PM
Hrmmmm. Challenge accepted. Let me get this disco remix out of the way and I'll give it a crack. I used to write at 150-160bpm years ago for Techno. Funily enough, the electro ISN'T making me money. Techno and House come very naturally to me because thats what I grew up with. Tell you what, as I said, I'll get this disco remix I have to do for this women in Germany out of the way next week and then the following week in my off time I'll get to work on more Techno. BEFORE I release it tho, even to Sound Cloud, I will make sure you hear it before EVERYONE else.

Unless I get banned from here again in the mean time :P (Controversial Techno dude. I love it!) ;)

Can you hook me up with that article man I'd love to read it.
<----- Australian Writing School 2009 ;)

AdrianR
07-26-2013, 05:50 PM
Ps whats stopping you from dropping the other tracks in the club man they'd go off .... ...... ......

BUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA Even I know they wouldnt and Im the shittest Dj ever :D

Adzm00
07-29-2013, 05:55 AM
Haha, the article will be posted tonight I think so i'll link it here.

Haha, don't worry about me hearing it before others, because I have so much to listen to it can sometimes mean I take an hour before I can listening to it, but it might be a week depending. But if I like it I will let you know, and bits I don't like I will tell you :)

I am getting there with production, it's just taking it's time. Finding it a lot more enjoyable now I use an MPC though.

AdrianR
07-29-2013, 07:15 AM
thing is, for me once its made its made. I cant make it, send it off to get mastered, get it back, fix it, do it again etc. Each peice is what it is in the moment its completed. The notations on it are then applied to the next work. "That bassline is shit" means "Don't use a similar styled one on the next piece." I need to update my software as well. I'm on Reason 4. Everything I make now I think sounds old school, but like, almost decent old school. (Then again I just like old school samples.)

Give me a challenge tho, and i WILL meet it. Tell me what elements and styles and things you like in a track and I'll make it. The bulk of my work is made with no focal point. I can get some loops or samples and chuck them together in a day and have something that's, playable, but will never be 'remembered.' it'll never be someones FAVOURITE song. Just another techno track. But if you say to me "I like this kind of bassline (Sample from a youtube vid or a mp3 or something) and "This kind of beat", "That kind of synth line" etc, then I could knock something up. Thats how I work. Same as Djing. Leave me to my own devices, nothing awesome comes of it, Tell me you want techno or trance or house or what ever, then theres a focus point for me and I can make it or mix it in that style and add some new techniques as well just to make it REALLY good with in that style.

Adzm00
07-31-2013, 05:15 AM
;)

Good to know, might throw a few ideas your way!

thehadgi
07-31-2013, 09:14 AM
This might be the beginning of a long term friendship between Adrian and Adam. Never thought I'd see the day :lol:

AdrianR
07-31-2013, 05:34 PM
are you trying to say u want to be the 3rd amigo ? :P

alazydj
07-31-2013, 06:09 PM
Make a hip-hop track using only samples.

thehadgi
07-31-2013, 06:11 PM
are you trying to say u want to be the 3rd amigo ? :P

Mebbe

:hump:

AdrianR
08-01-2013, 06:52 AM
Sorry man I don't touch Hip-Hop anymore. Back in 2000 I had some issues with amature rappers. Did a few gigs in the local scene, hosted some open mic nights and freestyle gigs and shit, thats it for me. Australian Hip-Hop is the best Hip-Hop in the world but I'd much rather leave it to guys who live and breathe it rather than do an injustice to it. Though I do have some Hip-Hop sample packs that I use in some Deep House I make.

AdrianR
08-04-2013, 10:33 PM
Im not going to release this any time soon. First it was refused because the release dates didn't match then there was something with the art work which I'll re-design sometime in the coming weeks. THERE FOR ADZMcGOOO ... Get your request in bloke. I will make it and add it to this project

Adzm00
08-05-2013, 07:38 AM
Try, something along the lines of Laurent Garnier's crispy bacon in intensity, 126 bpm, a bassline with more funk nut nice and deep, hi hats with a lot of reverb, some percussion like the track you posted here and if possible a small amount of vocals from a hip hop sounding guy ;)

AdrianR
08-05-2013, 05:45 PM
Too easy. I have a some royalty free hip-hop vocals. Give meeeeeee.. 2 weeks. I got a bit of shit on this week but if all goes well I'll have it.

contra
08-09-2013, 10:52 PM
Am I missing something? How'd Adrian get banned and is still posting? I IZ KUNFOOZD!

thehadgi
08-09-2013, 11:09 PM
It's the... mod powers that be, once again messing with all of us! #OCCUPYDJF THE END IS NEAR

OH NOEZ

contra
08-10-2013, 12:15 PM
#occupydjf
:ninja:
I like it