PDA

View Full Version : Fogger advice

DJ Que Yi
07-22-2013, 07:31 AM
I have a client who operates an exercise studio and wants to create a "club" atmosphere with lighting and fog on occasion. The exercise space is roughly 14 x 14 with cooling fans dispersed around the perimeter. We have a Chauvet Hurricane 700 but it doesn't cover the area very well. I believe the fans are dissipating the fog quicker. My thoughts are to purchase another 700 and place on opposite ends of the front perimeter. Or should I get one larger fogger like the ADJ Dyno-Fog II?

Thanks,
Que Yi

BillESC
07-22-2013, 07:58 AM
I'd suggest a hazer rather than a fogger. Unfortunately, the only hazer I'd recommend is the Radiance by UltratecFX and it runs around $ 1300

DJ Que Yi
07-22-2013, 09:38 AM
Bill,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm pretty sure that would do the trick but is over my client's budget. She's looking into the $100 range. Very small scale. That's why I'm wondering if two foggers at opposite ends of the width of the floorspace will work better than one larger one.

DJ Que Yi
07-22-2013, 10:20 AM
Bill,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm pretty sure that would do the trick but is over my client's budget. She's looking into the $100 range. Very small scale. That's why I'm wondering if two foggers at opposite ends of the width of the floorspace will work better than one larger one.

sss18734
07-22-2013, 12:26 PM
Before you do that, try using a box fan to direct the smoke. Foggers on their own do a poor job of dispersion.

DjNeedleSharp
07-22-2013, 02:36 PM
^^^^ What he said

Don't even waste your time on the cheap "hazers" that are essentially cheap foggers with fans attached to them. I recently went to a nice club that just had 4 strategically placed foggers in the ceiling by the air vents. The air circulated the fog very nicely and the foggers were on a timer and only did very short bursts of smoke to barely put some smoke in the air for the beams. Your cehaper fogger and fans should work great. Just make sure the fans are large, and not using any type of cooled air or moisture as that might kill the fog. The best case scenario would be to have the fogger 10 feet up in a corner with the fan directed down slightly towards the center of the room with the fan on high maybe 1-2 feet away from the fogger nozzle. If there's a ledge or something somewhere this should be easy to do.

The fluid used REALLY does make a huge difference. Froggys fog fluid (http://www.amazon.com/Froggys-Swamp-Fog-Longest-Lasting/dp/B000FLLUU8) really does work! Just make sure you run distilled water through the machine every other tank to flush the system out and you should be good to go. no vinegar or anything needed as long as you keep up with the cleanings).

DJ Que Yi
07-22-2013, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the tips. I'm going to recommend using 1 larger fogger in combination with a fan.