PDA

View Full Version : Help! torq connetiv+i3 acer+1.5.2+windows7=???

moyo wilde
03-02-2012, 09:33 AM
okay to make a long story short. i spilled tea on my macbook:freak:. it works but is not stable, it cuts off at a moments notice:eek:. i will be in the middle of recording and boom no power. i want to put torq on my acer but have been unsuccessful:uhoh:. i have intalled it several times and can't get the computer to recognized the connectiv. it always has a box that says "please connect the connectiv and restart torq".:freak:

is there anyone running torq on a similiar comp?
is there a trick to hooking it up?
do i need to download something else?

man i miss apple's plug and play.:cry:

rep given for assistance of course.

moyo wilde
03-04-2012, 12:07 AM
anybody

Rek_Aviles
03-04-2012, 12:28 AM
Tried to completely uninstall and start over?

You sure you have the ride drivers? Are you installing from a CD and was that CD made before the current drivers for Win7 came out? 32bit or 64??

Thats all I got, sorry buddy. Might want to ask on their support forums.

moyo wilde
03-04-2012, 01:06 PM
i reinstalled the torq. i have checked the drivers and they match, even checked i am running 32bits. the only thing i can think of is going back to xp, but i really don't want to plus i will have to reinstall ableton i think. also i kinda like windows7 it is almost like osx, well at least it is a real upgrade.

does xp work with i3?

can i move ableton to a non c drive then reinstall, so as to not have to reinstall ableton?

Unknown DJ
03-05-2012, 11:11 PM
make sure you are plunging into the same USB port every time. Plug into a different port it will not work. XP will work with any intel CPU but I see no need to install it.

Boomcie
03-05-2012, 11:23 PM
I've noticed that sometimes you have to unplug, and then replug the conectiv into the usb slot before the computer will detect it. I don't know why this happens. The guys over on the Torq forum will probably have more info.