PDA

View Full Version : Mixer straight to Powered Speaker?

fat8ack
03-02-2012, 09:16 AM
I have an NS6 and 2x Mackie Thump 12 satellites and 1x Mackie 1000watt sub. I am currently running XLR's straight from my NS6 to the sub then my satellites off off there. Should I run the sound through anything before it reaches the sub? Like a EQ or....I dont know I just dont want to mess up my investment.

The meter on my NS6 dose not hardly light up at all unless the system is super loud. This confuses me. Just looking for a little advice, sorry for the super noob question.

:school:

audiopyle
03-02-2012, 09:20 AM
If you like the way it sounds nothing else is needed. If your mixer levels are very low but the speakers are too loud for you, turn the gain knob (or volume control knob) on the back of the speakers and subwoofer down some. That will let you run a higher level from the mixer, and give you a better signal-to-noise ratio.

mufutau55
03-02-2012, 09:47 AM
That is the way I run mine too (Yorkville LS720P and a pair of mackie SRM450V2), I don't miss anything, the sound are great.

Mufutau

fat8ack
03-02-2012, 10:01 AM
Oh they sound awesome just am kinda a noob when it comes to the PA sound stuff and really dont want to "blow" (pun intended) 1700USD.......but yeah is sounds killer.

shocase241
03-02-2012, 10:57 AM
If you like the way it sounds nothing else is needed. If your mixer levels are very low but the speakers are too loud for you, turn the gain knob (or volume control knob) on the back of the speakers and subwoofer down some. That will let you run a higher level from the mixer, and give you a better signal-to-noise ratio.

Agree with above...and stay out the red you'll be fine. In most cases nothing good about red on meters that is.

ampnation
03-02-2012, 12:33 PM

This is what I was gonna say. +1