PDA

View Full Version : Battle Voting DJ Veaux vs Funkyfader vs Blue Shoes - Producer battle

JonAvalon
07-12-2013, 11:26 PM
Mix 1 (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5847651/Battles/Funkyfader-vs-Dj-Veaux-vs-BlueShoes-1.mp3)

Mix 2 (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5847651/Battles/Funkyfader-vs-Dj-Veaux-vs-BlueShoes-2.mp3)

Mix 3 (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5847651/Battles/Funkyfader-vs-Dj-Veaux-vs-BlueShoes-3.mp3)

Rules:
15 minutes long.
Tracks can only consist of self made originals, remixes and mashups.
Limit of two mashups.
All DJing equipment is fair game.
No DAW mixing (i.e. Ableton Live sets, FL studio live sets, etc).

Blue Shoes
07-13-2013, 12:54 AM
Do we post our tracklist yet? Or wait til the end?

Only half way through one of these mixes so far but really enjoying it. I don't like my chances :(

DJ-Veaux
07-13-2013, 06:50 PM
Do we post our tracklist yet? Or wait til the end?

Only half way through one of these mixes so far but really enjoying it. I don't like my chances :(

I say we just list our tracks now.

MY TRACKLIST:

1. Nicky Romero vs. Calvin Harris vs. Ne-yo - Let's Toulouse (DJ Veaux Mashup)
2. Diplo vs. Tiesto vs. Swedish House Mafia - Catch a Greyhound by Surprise (DJ Veaux Mashup)
3. The All American Rejects - Move Along (DJ Veaux Remix)
4. Reason Life - Bombstep (DJ Veaux Remix)
5. The Dual Personality - WUISDII (DJ Veaux Remix)
6. DJ Veaux - Party In The Sun (Original Mix)

Next time I won't let my second mashup take up so much of the mix :lol:

Baller95
07-13-2013, 08:06 PM
Yes, it's been posted! :D

Mix 1 - Sounds good to start with, good tracks though I didn't like one part of the mashup. Transition into second track was good, I'm liking this mashup too, sounds good! One thing I'm noticing is that the sound quality is a little weird at some parts, not sure why. How was this recorded Veaux? Third transition was good, good remix of this track! Hmm, I feel like this mix is lacking bass? It might be just fine, I'm a basshead after all :lol: The fourth transition was nice and quick, track sounds good but a bit quiet after the drop. Fifth transition was alright, track sounds good. Final transition was good, I'm liking how you're using the filter when transitioning, it's different to what I'm used to. This track sounds familiar, I like it, sounds good for an original mix! Good producer and DJing skills but work a bit on tighter transitions.

Mix 2 - Never heard this track before but I like it, great mix! Nice transition, another good track that. Second transition was nice and quick, the mix sounds good but a bit off key in the beginning IMO but sounds pretty good. Third transition was good, didn't see that coming! Oh I'm liking this mix! Next transition was slick, didn't see that coming either but sounds good! Fifth transition was ok, didn't dig the beginning of this track but sounds good as it goes on. Sixth transition was ok, didn't like the intro but good mix. Next transition is good but it's killing the flow a bit, I'm probably just used to mixing beat to beat, good remix though. Eighth transition sounded a bit busy but I'm liking this mashup! Good track to end the mix and interesting how you ended it. Overall, good producer and mixing skills here. :tup:

Mix 3 - Nice intro cool mashup with cannonball and gangnam style haha, overall gain was higher than the last two mixes but SQ sounds good. Hmm, the gains are a bit too high tbh. Second transition sounded ok, track was good. Third transition was good, don't know the tracks in this remix/mashup but they're pretty good. Next transition was good, track seems calm but like the buildup! Gotta watch your gains on this one (while producing). Great transition into the next track and track isn't bad, buildup was kinda hype though, I was expecting a better drop :P Hmm, the next transition was ok but I'm not liking the start of this remix, and you gotta watch your gains. Sounds ok after though. Oh that ended quick! Overall this was also a good mix, with good DJing and producing skills. You gotta really watch the gains though dude, some parts were deafening (and I like my music loud)!

I think the three of you did a great job, this is surely a close battle! I think my votes going to go to mix 2 though, I just found it a little bit better skill wise but only a little! Good stuff boys, I was looking forward to this! :tup:

DJ-Veaux
07-13-2013, 08:27 PM
Yes, it's been posted! :D

Mix 1 - Sounds good to start with, good tracks though I didn't like one part of the mashup. Transition into second track was good, I'm liking this mashup too, sounds good! One thing I'm noticing is that the sound quality is a little weird at some parts, not sure why. How was this recorded Veaux? Third transition was good, good remix of this track! Hmm, I feel like this mix is lacking bass? It might be just fine, I'm a basshead after all :lol: The fourth transition was nice and quick, track sounds good but a bit quiet after the drop. Fifth transition was alright, track sounds good. Final transition was good, I'm liking how you're using the filter when transitioning, it's different to what I'm used to. This track sounds familiar, I like it, sounds good for an original mix! Good producer and DJing skills but work a bit on tighter transitions.

Virtual DJ .mp3 320 kbps format (wav's for some reason have been giving me trouble in vdj). I have tiny monitors, so when I produce pretty much all of my songs lack bass (and my dad won't let me get anything with sub-range bass unless I make it myself :P). I will admit I definitely need to work on my DJing skills as well. With all the producing I've been doing I haven't spent any time DJing :lol:

Baller95
07-13-2013, 08:41 PM
Haha fair enough man, your producer skills are great but when you've got the time, work on mixing! :tup:

Blue Shoes
07-14-2013, 04:05 AM
Mix 2:

:::TRACKLIST:::
1. Nicky Romero & NERVO - Like Home (Blue Shoes Remix)
2. Timomatic - Parachute (Blue Shoes Remix)
3. Zedd ft. Foxes - Clarity (Blue Shoes Remix)
4. Showtek & Justin Prime - Cannonball (Blue Shoes Remix)
5. Will.I.Am & Justin Bieber - #thatPOWER (Blue Shoes Remix)
6. OneRepublic - If I Lose Myself (Blue Shoes Remix)
7. Muse - Supermassive Black Hole (Blue Shoes Remix)
8. Delerium & Sarah Mclachlan - Silence (W&W vs Blue Shoes Edit)
9. Ne-Yo Vs Sebastian Ingrosso & Tommy Trash - Let Me Reload (Blue Shoes Mash-Up)

I have tiny monitors, so when I produce pretty much all of my songs lack bass (and my dad won't let me get anything with sub-range bass unless I make it myself :P)

Tell him I said you need bigger and badder speakers. I was really loving some of your tunes. Gotta say I didn't really like the first mash too much but rest were golden. Really polished sounds aside from the one Baller mentioned. I was ready to ask you for a copy of that track but the drop just didn't have the low end punch I was hoping for.
You obviously know what you're doing and I with a bit of persistence, you'll go a long way.

My approach to this was more about showing all projects from the past couple of months than putting together a well mixed set. So some of the mixing doesn't really work exceptionally but hopefully you guys enjoy.

Funkyfader
07-14-2013, 05:12 AM
Tracklist:
1.Showtek,Justin Prime,Psy - Gangnam Style Cannonball (Funkyfader Mashup)
2.Psy & Deorro - Gentleman Yee (Funkyfader Mashup)
3.Funkyfader - Vodka (Original Mix)
4.Planet Funk - Chase The Sun (Funkyfader Bootleg)
5.Yves Larock - Rise Up (Funkyfader Remix)
6.DNNYD feat. Dycy - Don't Hold Me Back (Funkyfader Remix)

About the gains thing...i suck at mixing at mastering really bad :P

Also fuck psy,that cannonball and gentleman mashup both blew up on soundcloud and got to the limit of downloads and soundcloud deleted them for copyright :blank:

DJ-Veaux
07-14-2013, 11:55 AM
Mix 2:

:::TRACKLIST:::
1. Nicky Romero & NERVO - Like Home (Blue Shoes Remix)
2. Timomatic - Parachute (Blue Shoes Remix)
3. Zedd ft. Foxes - Clarity (Blue Shoes Remix)
4. Showtek & Justin Prime - Cannonball (Blue Shoes Remix)
5. Will.I.Am & Justin Bieber - #thatPOWER (Blue Shoes Remix)
6. OneRepublic - If I Lose Myself (Blue Shoes Remix)
7. Muse - Supermassive Black Hole (Blue Shoes Remix)
8. Delerium & Sarah Mclachlan - Silence (W&W vs Blue Shoes Edit)
9. Ne-Yo Vs Sebastian Ingrosso & Tommy Trash - Let Me Reload (Blue Shoes Mash-Up)

Tell him I said you need bigger and badder speakers. I was really loving some of your tunes. Gotta say I didn't really like the first mash too much but rest were golden. Really polished sounds aside from the one Baller mentioned. I was ready to ask you for a copy of that track but the drop just didn't have the low end punch I was hoping for.
You obviously know what you're doing and I with a bit of persistence, you'll go a long way.

My approach to this was more about showing all projects from the past couple of months than putting together a well mixed set. So some of the mixing doesn't really work exceptionally but hopefully you guys enjoy.

I literally spent half an hour trying to do so, but he said when he was a young kid he had big subwoofers that would drive his parents crazy. So now that he's an adult, he doesn't want me to do the same thing to the rest of the family :P As I said though, he did compromise and say that if I could build the subs then I could use them........Yay here goes a 2 month project :/

Thanks though! The morale support really does help :) I just need to figure out what parts I need and how the hell I'm gonna get the money for the parts.

Good mix on your part! Definitely a good use of my 15 minutes :tup:

Baller95
07-14-2013, 12:14 PM
@Veaux, look around parts express for parts!

http://www.parts-express.com/

alexreedDJ
07-14-2013, 12:32 PM
Currently enjoying listening to mix 1 and will listen to all 3 i think, but i'm not planning on voting and giving feedback considering i'm not as good as the the DJs in the battle so i couldn't exactly critique you but good luck to the three of you :)

M!TCH
07-14-2013, 03:50 PM
Mix 1: should've informed me I was listening to a Top 40 remix/mashup producer battle. That was not a good drop into this other track for your mashup. I'm sorry, this first mash up is not put together well. Second track was equally not good. Mix out of the Move Along remix was a bit abrupt and not well phrased. With people expecting the vocals to carry and then cutting it out like that made it very noticeable. Next transition needs more EQ work. Fourth track is best one in this set. This transition needs work as well. I can only imagine how difficult it is to mix your own productions as you may not have a ton of different mixes to work with. The beginning stuff is just not my type of music so I wasn't too thrilled. Started to get better with the Move Along bootleg which was done really well. Fourth track was also done well. Nice job on mixing your own stuff!

Mix 2: First two tracks worked well together. Wasn't a fan of the transition into clarity. Mixing is much more on point than mix 1. Not a fan of the tracks though :shrug: Transition at 9:38 didn't work. Lost a lot of energy that the set was holding. Mix at 11:14 did not work. Delerium? Please don't drop the Jonas Stenberg one! Must be an edit or something of yours. :( Gots to leave those originals alone! :twack: Better transition into the next track. Mix 2 is in the lead. Time to see what mix 3 has. Nice work mix 2!

Mix 3: Opening it up with that psy track? :facepalm: Vocals seem a bit too loud for the track and don't fit the other track IMO. I'm not a huge fan of psy so the first part is meh. Mixing has flowed better in this set. Transition around 7:00 seems a bit off on the beatmatching. This is a beautiful track! I love the progression of it. Tracks have picked up significantly since you left psy. Nice transition into next track. Despite the beginning tracks I think this was the best mix.

Note: I don't read the posts below the title until I have listened to all the mixes.

M!TCH
07-16-2013, 02:19 PM
Voted.