PDA

View Full Version : QFO innofaded (good news and bad news)

Phi
03-02-2012, 03:09 AM
A couple months ago I bought an original QFO for about $120. Only Missing the headshell, and the x-fader was crapped out, which was no big deal since I have my trusty Innofader. "should be a relatively easy install" I said to myself ... :facepalm:
Having installed and removed the Inno into/from my Nuo several times, I thought the QFinnO would be a nice quick mod to do with my friend whose electrical knowledge is slightly superior. :banghead:
In the installation instructions we followed online, the Vestax connection board is insulated, and placed in the small space between the platter and the right channel fader. The instructions stated that there was ˝plenty of room" but it actually took many attempts to get the board sucsesfully inside this small cavity with enough room for the fader.

The bad news: Now the right channel is dead, no phono, no line, nothing... somehow I think my friend knocked something loose. Is anyone experienced enough that if I open it up and take a few photos they might know what the problem is? I really appreciate any help I can get, thanks!

Defiance
03-02-2012, 05:42 AM
Might as well post some pictures